Thread: What the hell is wrong with Tir?

What the hell is wrong with Tir?

For the second weekend in a row I've been unable to log or zone into the city of Tir due to overcrowding. Funcom, why don't you increase the memory for the server that Tir is on, or make Tir a two-zone city. Do something so that when I have time to play this game, like on the weekends, I actually can do it.
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

i crashed outta tir about 20 minutes ago and haven['t been able to get back in. You know its really laggy when your team has 7 people in it.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Unhappy it is ironic

that ao is unplayable now because of the number of returning people.

during the weekends at prime time i crash and drop like mad, lag like a horse and usually get annoyed real fast.

it kinda blows because i am in a different time zone from most of my org and would like to do something with them on the weekends.

also this bodes ill for the pvp expansion. if i have problems staying connected in say bliss because athen and tir are overcrowded what will happen when a big org raid with 20 people on either side plus towers happens in the zone i want to mission let alone hunt in?
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Omni cities don't have this problem. Tir has gone down 4 times today while I was in the city, and I do my best to avoid it at all costs. I have no idea how many times it actually went down in total, but probably more than 4. It also seems to go down twice in a row more often that not. I'm guessing their having some hardware issues. Of course, they also took the laggiest geometry city and made it the Clan hub, so there's no wonder people have trouble.

Please, re-route the whompas to Athen as the main Clan hub or put a Grid terminal in Athen so we can spread out the people. I'm sick of being forced to go through that laggy POS city and getting stuck there.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

I dread going to Omni Trade... Crash there all of the time since the patch.

Originally posted by Fooj
    I dread going to Omni Trade... Crash there all of the time since the patch.
    Yea know what you mean. Whenever I go into Omni Trade since the patch I hang for about 30 seconds in mid zone. All the while Im being hit by guards and when I finally make it in all the dmg is spammed...hello reclaim. New defense mechanism to keep clanners out?
    Bandersnatch - Opifex Enforcer

Nod. Trade has some serious loading problems.

About Tir...I never understood clanners to be honest. They know it is laggy as hell. They know the grid is laggy as hell. Yet they persist in placing themselves, their aunts, their uncles, their children, their spouses, their cousins, their third cousins, their dogs, their cats, their...well you get the idea...all in that little square.

No one really forces you clanners to take half your online population and place it right there. :P And they claim Omni are mindless drones.

Look ppl, the reason that you crash and the reason that you "lag" is not the FC servers, it's your computers, lag = server side, I haven't found a english word for the "lag" that's caused by the players computers yet, but the closest I've come to it is skipping, so I¨'m going to use that word in this post.

Real server side _lag_, is what you have when you move, then all of a sudden gets "thrown" back to where you started running from. And the reason why you have lag, are the servers

While "skipping" is when the picture is... well... skipping, you don't have the float in the movement that you normally have.

Now how often does it happen that you're lagging, and how often is it that you're "skipping"?

Exactly. Skipping is alot more normal, then lagging, but you've got one thing right. Over crowding is the main reason for both.

The reason for skipping, is that your puter can't load all the items in the picture fast enough.

And as the lucky person I am I have a guild pressident that have teached me alot. One thing he have teached me, is that FC doesn't need new servers, the just need to fix up the ones they have, and optimice both the hardware and software.

Well I was kinda sick off ppl whining bout lag without knowing what it is, so I had to write this "short" post. Also I wrote this, while I waqs hunting in smugglers, almost got me a full set of MK-II now, so forgive all the typos .

ty for reading.

The reason for lag, I'm not sure.. but it's the servers that needs to be fixed.
    ?

/rant on

Tir would be alot better if dumbasses did not spend all day standing around outside FT and the grid.

You want to organise a team - use the channels.

You want to buy / sell something use the channels.

You want to talk to friends - go in one of the bars, that is what they are for and they are usually empty!

I dont understand people who pay money to play this game then spend hours of online time just standing around in Tir.

/rant off

People congregate in Tir because Tir is the whompa center for the Clans and also has a bottom-floor Grid exit.

Anyway, FC has stated in another thread that there is a problem with Tir at the moment, which should be obvious to anyone who has spent any time in the city this weekend. The city is going down constantly. Sometimes you get warning of it and sometimes you do not.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

also tir gives the best mission rewards of any clan city especially to BS. like NLC for omnis i hear.

As he said tir also has the only clan main area grid point. There is one in west athens but its a pain in the ass to be running out there. There are also shops close by in tir as well as the arena. Simply moving the tir arena to athens would eliminate 20+ players from tir moving them to near empty athens.

The only reason I have ever found for going to athens is cluster shopping.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Well all I can say about it is........

I wish my girlfriend went down on me as often as Tir.

Originally posted by Fellowman
    Well all I can say about it is........

I wish my girlfriend went down on me as often as Tir.
    LOL
    /Comfortyou

Tha Doc Squad Commander of Wen-Tzu Enclave

My trader

Tir has always been like that... *sigh*
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal