Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Subway is FUN :)

It really is a great dungeon to play in. Made an NT for this only. Died a lot, probably more then i have done before but its a great place to run back to. It's huge, no problems with overcrowding.

Miths, yes the level cap means if you make level 25, you will no longer be able to enter the Subway. This doesn't mean, you automaticly have to leave. My alt that I took into the Subway was level 23 when I entered and finally got killed at level 29 after a few hours of playing. After which I, of course, could no longer enter.

P.S. With only playing AO for about 3 months, is there another dungeon that you can go to after the new Subway. I like hunting in dungeons much better, then missioning, but it seems like AO is lacking low level dungeons.
    Gabriella "Malyia" Kuiper - Fixer (Omni) - RK1
    Kirk "Traykor" Carnalla - Adventurer(Clan) - RK1
    Katelin "Traylia" Bunke - Martial Artist(Clan) - RK1

Originally posted by Traykor
    P.S. With only playing AO for about 3 months, is there another dungeon that you can go to after the new Subway. I like hunting in dungeons much better, then missioning, but it seems like AO is lacking low level dungeons.
    You could go to the steps of madness. I believe it was designed for 35-50. But i could be wrong there. Its also a great dungeon, but much smaller then the subway.

the new subway is very cool

I agree.. I created a new character and tried it out.

It is very cool! Kudos to whoever did the tuning!

I hope to see dungeons like it for all levels.
    Healios clan Doctor
    Megawattz clan Enforcer
    Gaspard clan Adventurer

Thx all and big grats to Darxy & team for the first known (to me anyways) Abmouth kill! He does drop other stuff than the Nucleus Basalis ring...

Congrats on your kill.
    I tried to kill him myself twice.
    First time with a L20ish team, second with a L24ish team.

Both times he managed to crunch our team into bronto burger meat within 10 seconds.

I still believe he might be too strong for low level (mostly new and inexperienced) players to kill.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Oh, I'm not critisising this dungeon btw.
    I too had a lot of fun. I spend my entire L6-25 in this dungeon, exploring deeper and deeper while turning stronger.
    It's one of the most fun dungeons out there.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"

Originally posted by mickey

You could go to the steps of madness. I believe it was designed for 35-50. But i could be wrong there. Its also a great dungeon, but much smaller then the subway.

firstly - The Subway is nice. to be honest, its the best thing FCs done to date. It brought me back to the game for a bit.

Next and the reason for the post -

Avoid the Steps of madness. Unless its changed, it is over powered and likely a deadly experiance for most. Before i left/returned, I had done the steps many times. with a lot of alts, It pretty much alwyas turned into a horry blood bath and a free trip to reclaim.

The Mobs were all for the most part "Boss" lvl HP. And thier tend to be 3 to 6 in any one room. not Boss Mobs, with thier cool glow. but normal mobs with Boss type HP.

Some of the mobs are able to stun you, preventing you from attacking/nukeing/running.

The loot is ok, quite a number of no-drop items like bracers and such. the main boss drops a coat that nano users love. (adds 8 to all nano skills) Think about Abmouth the subway main boss. now picture it being created to fight lvl 50ish folks.
    Then dobule its HP. scared yet?

But wait thiers more - the room he spawns in, will spawn between 3 to 6 other mobs. (but once you clear it out, the spawn is slow enf that you can normal kill the new mob before another one spawns. letting you camp for the Boss)

Over all, its ok if your ready for it. don't go thinking it will be like the subway. you will likely die, fast and messy. (Even with a lvl 67 NT it was a pain to solo some of the mobs. they just have a LOT of HP. takes awhile to wittle them down.)

A full team, lvl 40ish could be able to handle it. Bring a Doc and a calmer. (Crat, Trader or an NT) But be ready to die once or twice. As i said thier are a few spots where thier are 6ish mobs all willing and happy to argo you if you get near them. little to no chance of killing the boss at the end though.

a team lvl 50ish should do ok, but sadly the mobs will likely begin to turn greenish. though thier still a hard fight. killing the boss might be possable, but not overly likely unless super twinks

a Team of lvl 60ish should have no real issue, mabye one or 2 tough spots. most mobs will be gray, one or 2 green to you. But thier still tough, just lots of HP. Once again might be able to drop boss.

Forway of example, When my old guild desided to get nelebs coat (the coat that the boss drops) for our members who need it, we went with oh 7 people. 5 of them 125+, 2 75-100ish. 2 Crat Bots, 2 Crat charmed pets. For almost 11 total folks bashing on the boss.

It still took a good 3 or 4 mins to kill the boss. With high lvl folks hitting for 2 to 3k per hit and such.

The Boss hit for 'ok' dmg. i wasn't tanking it, but its dmg output seemed ok. Just hugh ammounts of HP.

also, a lot of high lvl folks want that coat as well. The Steps are tough enf alot of folks said forget this, i'll come back later. Or are helping low lvl friends get it. so its possable for you to fight your way through the steps, only to find a large pack of high lvl folks waiting for the boss to spawn. Some may be more then happy to stick around for the next spawn and help you kill the boss. Some wont.

The Steps are fun, but sevral times harder and more risky then the subway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12