Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remove Opifex breed?

Remove Opifex breed?

Hey FC

When are U going to remove Opifex breed?

I ask since U never give us any cool items or armor.

We dont have any:

Prof. Jones Vest
    Shades of Luc.
    Enhanced Agg. Modifier
    Brawl Circuit
    Cyborg implants

When do Opifex get any cool items / armor?

Best Opifex item I have, is a headwear that adds 48 to map-nav and perception.

And yeah, I am a MA too, so nowadays, I have to say that AO kinda get more and more boring.
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Agree somewhat

Although I dont find AO boring, I do feel that Opifex are in many ways forgotten and neglected.

I all comparisons, its always Atrox and Nanomage vs Solitus. Atrox now has more HP, Nanobreed have more nanopool. What does Opifex get? We get the highest stat (Agility) in game. But does it help us? Not really. You all know the trinkle down is so little, those few points dont matter much.

And the items for Opifex only are so few its funny. And all of them give mods to Map navigation etc. for some reason.

We are supposed to be so terribly agile, why not give us some real bonuses to agility and/or the skills it affects. More bonus to evade skills, runspeed and initiatives are good examples.

I feel Opifex is a nice breed with not very good advantages, compared to the low Body Dev and HP we get. And our Nanopool isnt any great either.
    Phelsior
    ::Retired NT::
    Reactivated after 7 years O.o

Opifexes also get the cheapest total ability cost of all breeds. Meaning you have more IP for other skills. I'd say this is a large advantage.

Well Opifex do have:

BBI Ranged Restraint Carbine (Joith gun)
    Flaxen Notum Pants
    Golden Pilot Helmet
    Modified A-4000 Sensory Panel
    Poetic Sleeves
    Supporting Carbonan Holster
    Talented Hood

looks like you have a few cool things to me. More than a Solitus at least.

Poo!

The reason Opifex doesn't get much new stuff is because you're good as it is, no tweaks needed
    Base skill wise Opifex has the highest total, and in theory breed caps most combat related skills much higher than other breeds, not least in the evades department.

BBI Ranged Restraint Carbine (Joith gun)
    Heard this was fixed in patch, have to check my ql 15 or something.

Flaxen Notum Pants
    These are cool, have you seen any yet?

Golden Pilot Helmet
    Wow, adding to Map.Nav, just what I need

Modified A-4000 Sensory Panel
    Adding to mapnav and perception.

Poetic Sleeves
    Adding 8 to adventuring and 10 to vehicle water. Make this solitus only by all mean.

Supporting Carbonan Holster
    This is a joke.

Talented Hood
    Yup, you all guessed right, adding to map-nav and perception.

(Have to find out why Opifex need map-nav and perception so much)

Like I said:
    Give Opifex breed some cool armor or other items.
    And please fix those visual errors, like my neck is half cut off wearing coats or my dodga pads that is totally misplaced.
    Uglyy:
    Opifex MA Legend
    Born 1. October 2001
    Armor setup

Yeah, make some opi armor with bonus to size on em (smaller) would make us hard to spot when running around.

Actually, I don't give a crap about more tweak items, some items for looks would do the trick. Some special bracers? New armor, perhaps not the best ingame, but something with a diffrent look. Or perhaps some social armor, with opi reqs?

And make some opi only shades. Keelars looks cool, just not on opis..
    Apprentice Frakk // MA - Rk1 - Stuff - Quote
    Sunye // Doc - Rk1 - Quote
    Rookie Frakk2000 // MA - Rk2
    Freshman Frakked // Soldier - Rk2
    Apprentice Frakk2001 // Doc - Rk2

Frakk2000's guide to twinking -> link <-
    Adventures of Frakkman
    BondeLAN.org
    Overpowered since 15.0 - MA forever!

My point was that Opi do have items, and more than some other breeds so quit whinning.

Re: Remove Opifex breed?

Originally posted by MadMax
    I ask since U never give us any cool items or armor.
    Bah! We don't need that crap! Leave the breed specific armor for the gimps who need it.
    Jefferey "Frappe" Mischler

Opifex as a race is actually well balanced as I see it.

-They are a great choice for both Agents and MA's, they even make fair Adventurers.
    -They have a few Race specific items, just like all the other races, which you can always discuss on their usbility.
    -Did you say Agility based Implants ?
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

I dunno if anyone said this, but opifex do get something nice. The only dark blue ability is stamina, albiet its a key ability, but having light blue str intel and psychic, dark blue stamina, and green sense/agility make for a pretty good casting class.

Wink Just a small note...

This might seem like an irrelevant post and it probably is (Just to clearify that Opi's doesn't need more ability enhancing items

Opifex may have darkblue stamina, but they breedcaps stamina at 480, just like solitus, only weak spot being Psychic. A rather nice trade for having 64 points more agility than solitus if you ask me.

Solitus breed caps:
    Str: 472
    Agi: 480
    Sta: 480
    Int: 480
    Sen: 480
    Psy: 480

Opifex breed caps:
    Str: 464 (-8)
    Agi: 544 (+64)
    Sta: 480 (0)
    Int: 464 (-16)
    Sen: 512 (+32)
    Psy: 448 (-32)

/me puts on her flame-proof Sekutek Heated Plasteel Suit

Opifex are SO damn cool looking. DO NOT REMOVE PLZOKTHX.
    ~~~~~
    Katelin "Missmaul" Locknane -Sloooowly climbing her way out of the dank pits of gimpness. But stil crazy. Ya know...just in case you cared.

Opis don't get anything because we're fine the way we are, thank you.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

i want opifex stuff!!

i've been thinking this for a long time.
    the only viable MA suit for opi is Red one (ever see an agent wearing anything but red)
    carb armor? forget it
    most special stuff has stamina on it...sucks

whatever, i'm so tired..

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

Yeh, but most common implants have agi requirements, which means we can usually get better implants on a little earlier.

In the high end, stamina cap for us is no worse than soli, so complaining about sta reqs is prolly not gonna get us any pity.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I agree with the man with the nails, we're fine as is. And handsome SoBs I'd like to add.
    Don't go ****ing us up.

They removed the Opi-req from the Joith.

/G13
    pirates. with lasers.
    Are you having an argument on the internet, again?

Gene13 - on a space odyssey since 2001
    XXX - N

Some day your ship will come in, but you will be at the airport.

Carbonum sure isn't un-doable for an Opi. Since my skills capped at 162ish(or whenever it was), all I need to equip my ql200 Carbonum/Albrecht is Behemoth, General buffs, 2X Concrete Cushions, and IC from a doc.

Personally, I think we're right in the middle. We could use more HP, we could use more nano pool.........which tells me we're pretty balanced imho. We're not hurting for HP as much as Nano, we're not as gimped with nano pool as Atrox, and Soli........well, I think our Evades are a bit higher, and we're better with Multi.

Of the Opi-only stuff previously listed, the only useful thing is the Holster, imho. I have one, gonna twink it on when I IPR to 2hE for the Queen Blade, I think
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

The truth is Opifex are absolutely fine as a breed.

But that is relevant only if you look at breed-related items as being 'balancing items'.

Atrox's do not need balancing anymore. They were always a #1 PvP choice anyway as HP is god (although not so much anymore). And the extra HP from patch didn't hurt in the least. Nanomages needed a little something and they got it in the form of more Nano pool (although that may not be enough). Solitus is right down the middle so nothing to complain about. And Opi has always been fine.

But we are not speaking of breed comparisons. We are speaking of breed-specific items.

If someone is prepared to please post a list of all items available to each of the four breeds. I believe that Opi will come in last, with Solitus second last. Personally i have a major character in each breed catagory so it doesn't matter much to me, but i do believe opi-only items are pretty soft.

well, I play mostly opi, actually, I'd say all of my "main" chars are opi. I've discussed this with several friends of mine, and we've all sort of reached the conclusion that opi are too good.

In fact, I can't really think of a reason why opi psychic is light blue. it's not -really- needed by most of the most suited professions for the breed. my guess is that the idea was if psy and sta were both dark blue, the breed would have both "pools" limited.

I'm 100000000000% happy with the way that things are in relation to breed-specific items available. more would be nice, but I wouldn't say it's needed.
    ~ Nikki "Kitene" Darling ~
    4925867th lvl 200 MA. cookie plz!
    ~ Lady "Aerfalle"Aerlinthe ~
    4925867th 200 NT. Gimme cookie
    '.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.>Storm<.'.'.'.'.'.'.'.'

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast