Thread: Thoughts from a lapsed user comming back.

Thoughts from a lapsed user comming back.

After sending numerous e-mails to CZ (which he answered I might add) I became frustrated with what I sensed as lack of caring for those who chose to play NT's. I won't go into specifics other to say that range extenders were fixed the same time range was cut in half to protect some static mob.....as some have said when it's Fun vs Reality ..fun wins. When it's players chars vs. Static Mobs .....player should win.

Ok enough of that, so I cancelled my 2 accounts waiting for some NT fixes...and watch the boards. One day (many months later) I see CZ say that NT's will be addressed and something about sledgehammers :P

I decide that the I will give the game another chance (I have 4 or 5 chars with P-backpacks) and really was around from the start. So have played that game ALOT.

Upon returning I have a few observations:

1. AO is hard to start playing, its interface is a bit confusing.
    2. The game is so complex that it's scary (even for returing users)
    3. Every fix to every problem is solved with a complex set of steps..nothing is simple

Some advice or "suggestions" just keep in mind a few points

Complex does not = more fun.
    Every situtation does not require a complex fix.
    New users will not come if you need a PHd to play, or understand the game.
    Power users are loyal but few...
    People want fair treatment, if something is broke under/overpowered fix it..don't make them hunt for a fix that causes frustrations not a feeling of acheivement.

With those thoughts I offically welcome "Me" BACK to AO, now to go read a few hours so I can try and figure out how to play this darn game again...
    Last edited by Darkbrood; Nov 8th, 2002 at 03:29:39.