Thread: Dueling

Dueling

In case FC hasn't noticed, a lot of people like the idea of a fair duel. It gives them a chance to test out their character against others and see how well they've built em. Makes sense right? So why does FC have it set up so that its nearly impossible to have a good duel? I understand that they want pvp to involve large fights, but first, thats for MMD or other political zones, plus they need to fix lag issues.

So what am I suggesting? FIX THE FRICKEN ARENAS! Everybody remember Thunderdome right? 'Two go in, one comes out' Arenas are for dueling, but most of the time, one of two things happens. One or both of the players is ganked by some high level member of the opposite side who gets his jollies out of ruining other peoples fun! Or, if they quickly retreat back to 75% zone, then whoever is losing bolts for the zone door that is like 40 ft away! Both of these basically make dueling pointless.

Funcom should fix the arenas so that when the duel starts, nobody else can fire into the melee, and neither party can run away.

This is a very good idea, no more runners and gankers
    /Comfortyou

Tha Doc Squad Commander of Wen-Tzu Enclave

My trader

No thx, I play a lot mass pvp battles and guildbattles there, it cant be limitted to what maybe even isnt mean for AO. Duels = Mortal Combat, mass pvp = AO (of course this is MY opinion )

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

It really wouldn't be hard to modify the arenas so that they are more to everyones liking. Just setting up a door that spawns into a private arena would do the trick. The main arena could be left entirely alone.

This sounds realy good, A 1vs1 Arena.

Couldnt be hard to implent just do is at as an mission entrance that only you and the one your teamed with can go in, (you buy a key outside in an Shop or something) Then when you are in the Door locks supression field drops to 0%,
    You can either stay teamed with the one you enterd and stay inside forever or leave team and kill him to unlock the Exit =)

Or Make The apartments 0% Then you dont need to do any new changes except dropping the Gas level, As no one can get inside your apartment if theyre not in your team, So you wont be ganked there =)

Easy as that...
    Bigmongo 200 Enf RK1 Proud Member Of Svea Rike
    (Born July 23 at 18:11 2001) Reached LvL 200 after 80 days and 6 min of play time the 21st aug 2003)

Iammongo 63 Crat RK1 President Of The Mongo Family
    "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
    - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

-=[I may be Bad but i feel Good]=-
    - I AM NOT FAT I AM BIG BONED

Originally posted by Letah
    No thx, I play a lot mass pvp battles and guildbattles there, it cant be limitted to what maybe even isnt mean for AO.
    I don't think the point of AO is fighting over the Arenas, but fighting over something that actually means something. Arenas should be for even fights, not an area that people fight over in mass pvp battles.
    Celebrant Freshman since July 2001, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Idoloclast Freshman since October 2003, where he'll stay indefinitely.
    Blowfish Tradeskill gimp, designed to be a credit mule. setup
    Greed Name carry-over from Atlantic shard of Ultima Online, where he was a champion duelist.
    Unfathomable On hold.
    Implacable On hold.
    Flowbish On hold.

Account Created 2001-06-28 05:43:08

Proud? player of cAmparchy Online

The good old idea for making a terminal that can generate a key to some mission building with 0% gas would solve theese problems. Add sliders to configure size, setting etc.

Large size brown cave duel anyone?

Originally posted by Celebrant

I don't think the point of AO is fighting over the Arenas, but fighting over something that actually means something. Arenas should be for even fights, not an area that people fight over in mass pvp battles.
    Heh yes but Clan got probs with guards in 2h0 and Camelot is empty with no dragon. Give an alternative and I'll move, but most people are at arenas now.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions