Thread: Farming Tokens....

Talking Farming Tokens....

I know its both boring and arguably a waste of time, but imo it will pay off when I hit tl4 and tl5 and I can use those boards right away! My question is, when is a good time to stop farming? As of right now my plans are to stop at 400, which should be another 4 days or so of farming. That gives me all of the boards except for 1k and a damn good headstart compared to everyone else that is more interested in being lvl 200 tomorrow only to find out they gimped thier 1k board.

Thanks,
    Mutiny

Most people I know in TL6 have 4000+ tokens without having farmed at all. You'll get a head start (which is great at lower levels), but it just doesn't matter much in the long run.
    Kennan - President, Arcane Legacy
    Asmoran - Retired (Former President, Synergy Factor)

The reason people farmed tokens in the past was because that ql 200 mission you ran at level 200 yielded the same 1 token as that ql 6 mission at level 6. And while the ql 6 mission took 5 minutes to clear, the ql 200 mish took well over an hour .

So in those days in that situation it was better to farm your tokens at low level, because there was no way to gather all that you needed at high.

Things have changed now tho , tokens are easy to get. At high levels you get ton's and ton's of tokens for each mission you complete.
    Sredniaka Sherrmanaka Posthasteaka Thanatopsysaka Vashtareliusaka Nnerroaka Alexxander

"Quidquid latine dictum, sit altum viditur"

Sredni Vashtar went forth,
    His thoughts were red thoughts and his teeth were white.
    His enemies called for peace, but he brought them death.
    Sredni Vashtar the Beautiful.
    by HH Munro

THANKS!

I had no clue that it used to be that hard. I just figured it was always the way it is now and people still had trouble getting 1k board before lvl 150 when you can use it. Thanks for clearing that up and I think I'll stop at 250 since I'm already in the farming mood! My other reason for farming was that you can get to lvl 60 from subway/temple and not have a single token to show for it, which most people do. I'll have 250 tokens and will be happy to stay in temple long as I can!

Thanks,
    Mutiny

Yep......the only reason to farm Tokens now is if you have plans to leave your char at a certain lvl, like for Tower defense. THEN it makes sense to farm Tokens so you have the highest board for your current TL.
    Nealandbob Headbasher Burninsword-RK1
    Deathfyst Tonofbricks -RK2
    Tonofbricks Nealandbob -RK Test embracing my inner Brat
    Finally back from Iraq
    Enforcers ONLY vote here!
    WoW-Pahani, Skywall/Horde and Barthilas/Horde
    "A good Enforcer dies a lot"-Deng
    "FC didn't create Enforcers, Deng did" -Tza

I wish I had farmed a bit more in lower levels tbh...lvl 154 and only 650 tokens

:P
    Sig sigue sputnik

heh, I keep finding tokens on trader mobs in missions at lvl 49 on my crat. =) Don't dispair, even the multiple tokens per mission isn't all thats possible per mission, you might get an extra one or two per mob as well.
    Just because I have a metalic jaw, doesn't mean I've ever been in a 007 movie.

I had thought that the amount of tokens you got at end of mission reward was based on your current title level . . .

I.E = after level 15 I would start to get 2 token for reward, after 50 3 , etc etc . . .

Anyone clear this up for me?

Peace~!
    Quik and Mr.B
    Quiksilva - Omni Enforcer ( hey its a job )

Misterbungle - Rerolled 2HE Omni Enforcer . . . . . " It's not funny my @ss is on fire! "

Why are both of my ONLY two characters Enforcers? Simple, it doesnt matter what weapon/armor/style you go for, Enforcers are a very simple and much needed class in game. You simple hit things. ALOT >

" We have no great war, no great desprssion. Our great war is a spiritual war, our depression, is our lives. " ~ Tyler Durden, Fight Club