Thread: OMG, npc pets are you kidding ?

Angry OMG, npc pets are you kidding ?

Yay, its patchday, logged in my enf alt and got a team.
    3 deaths in first mission. Every third mob got a slayerdroid, deamon or a dark red crat pet in their pocket.
    Sure got a calmer in team only problem is that it takes like between 1-6 tries or even more tries to calm em and the pets hits for more then the boss would do and fast.
    Talk to some ppl at reclaim and all feel the same.

Well im not giving up, might be unlucky a bad calmer or something.
    Gets a new team and after 3 new deaths im giving up this.
    Been playing for nearly 1.5 years and you pull this stunt.
    Remove em from game before they atleast are resonable in nanoresist and dmg.
    There is absolutely no idea for me to even try doing missions.
    Already spent 6 hours today on this...
    Btw i meet same ppl at reclaim cursing over this between my deaths.

These pets just need to be removed or seriously need to be downgraded. All day long I have died and stopped counting after my 7th death. I havn't completed a single mission and that counts solo and team missions. My last one, which was just a couple of minutes ago, we didn't get past the first room. There were four MPs and we got all of them and I didn't even walk through the door. Can you imagine getting attacked my 8 creatures all at the same time. We all died.

The least to say is that I am done playing this game until this problem is fixed because missions are pretty much impossible to complete now.

*sigh*

People complained all the time that "Missions are too easy, they're boring, make them interesting or I QUIT!!!!".

Now it's, "OMG! I died FU Funcom!! I QUIT!".

There is no winning here, only losing.

I agree the pet level needs tweaking, badly, but it's nice to see engie/crat mobs with their bots. MP's are pure evil though.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

hey i agree

i agree, im lvl 88 in a 68 mission, fighting green and grey mobs, ( solo) and i cant even do that, how sad is that, im an enforces and cant even take on 2 green mobs. why? they each get a pet and i get hammered.

this is retarded, i reactivited my account 3 days ago, i was completly impressed.

im considering canceling again just beacause of this im disgusted.

however everything else is damn cool

adding pets to BS missions doesnt make Missions a challenge or more interesting. its still the same boring mission, now with pets.

>>People complained all the time that "Missions are too easy, they're boring, make them interesting or I QUIT!!!!".

Oh really? I thought it was more like, "Give us something to do other than missions". Maybe I misread all those other posts.

>>Now it's, "OMG! I died FU Funcom!! I QUIT!".

I haven't died yet because of this, so that's not what makes me mad. What angers me is the mere fact that the whole idea of adding pets was to increase the time it takes to get to level 200. That's all it really boils down to. They did not take the time to come up with inovative ways to reduce the player-perceived imperative to reach level 200 in the minimum amount of time. Instead, they determined what the path of least resistance was as far as difficulty of implementation was concerned, and then shoved it in without really testing it for balance. This was the quick-and-dirty way of getting what they wanted.

I agree with your statement that pets need to be balanced. It'll probably take at least another month or two before pet classes are tolerable to most players (at any rate, those players who can sit back and take the whole leveling rate nerf on the chin).

Im totally fine with the mobs having pets why shouldnt they? We have them.

But there is one thing that is insane and thats the ql of the pets, its freaking outrageous.

We got a ql183 teammission yesterday to try it out the team ranged from lvl 165-195, we went in the mission and the pets were a bit annoying but not a big problem.

Then we hit two crat npcs one of them summoned a pet which hp-bara was deepred to all in the team (im 171 doc, lvl 200 is orange) noone in the team could hit the pet except for specials.

We didnt have a calmer, thats why we beat them down.

MY question/statement is amke mobpets the equals of playerpets or give the players the same pets as the mobs, this differance is in no way ok.

>> Im totally fine with the mobs having pets why shouldnt they? We have them.

Bad logic. NPCs and PCs have never been on a level playing field. To somehow suggest that this change makes the game more immersive due to an enhanced notion of continuity is absurd. Even if pets are nerfed to be equal to the NPC's level, this will still result in players encountering much tougher fights than they would have against NPCs that aren't pet profs. And the solo game will still be borked (first room with 3 pet prof NPCs). Not to mention that the pets give no exp. To fully rationalize that last fact alone, pets should be grey at 50/50 difficulty settings. Anything else would be imbalanced, plain and simple. Heck, even in EQ, pets were 5-10 levels lower than the NPCs that summoned them.

Good thing AO isn't EQ. Yet.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    *sigh*

People complained all the time that "Missions are too easy, they're boring, make them interesting or I QUIT!!!!".

Now it's, "OMG! I died FU Funcom!! I QUIT!".

There is no winning here, only losing.

I agree the pet level needs tweaking, badly, but it's nice to see engie/crat mobs with their bots. MP's are pure evil though.
    I happened to enjoy the missions as they were. Sometimes they were two easy but just as many times I had it rough. Also its not that I died because I have died many times in many games and I'm used to it by now. The problem is that I can't finish missions now. How is that fun and interesting? I can't get my missions items and I'm not gaining in exp which means I can't go anywhere in this game. Course I might be unlucky with the amount of pet mobs I was getting in a mission but luck shouldn't sway the difficulty of missions that much.

Also, I agree with Jafwo. Its not that people wanted the missions to improve but to give us something else to do. More static dungeons and static quests would be nice to see.

Pets are pretty balanced compared to other mobs in there IF they could stop bashing my head in when their master is dead. Either despawn them or have them aggro regardless (and that would need some serious balancing )

Maybe once in awhile you can pick an mission that does not have human mobs in it? You know those exist too right?
    "Yesterday we bowed before kings and bent our necks to emperors, today we kneel only before truth"

YEAH, Still Stinks

I was just on with my 38 Trader.

I have a 57 shottie on and there were 3 engies in first room, I zone again and again till only me and ONE engie and pet.

Since the pet breaks calm and attacks I still have to take on both, can't even handle ONE engie and PET, and this was a 60% mission.

I have Maxed HP and I have played for over a Year with over 20 characters to my Name, this is CRAPPola!

If I can't handle it with a calmer profession, how are New Docs and others even beginning to survive these missions.

I'm thinking Docs will Start to feel like MPs very soon, I went and asked for a Buff, but only got a 5 min Max HP one, which didn't even Help.

First time I've actually thought there might be a change in the game I might have to get up on AO due to.

I like to solo, and though I am in a guild and like to team, not having the Option of soloing, or having to grab a mission, head to it, and then, go back and get another, is going to ruin the game experience for many.

This will of course turn New players away the most.

Stoopid!

Devs should have listened to us Testers when we said they should remove bots from Just the singles missions.

GL FC, but this is the Worst time to put in a No-fun element in the game, and an element that is Used on a regular basis by almost all players.
    If you are Failing to Plan,

You are Planning to Fail.

NPC w/ Pets is very realistic.........

Problem, NPC was balanced with out the pet, so how does adding a pet Balance them more.

NPCs seem to have:
    Maxed and above INIT
    More HP
    Better weapon
    Progs higher than they should
    Some progs that only NPCs get
    no RELOAD
    No Cast time for the PETS
    an MP for buffing in their hip pocket?
    MinimumDamage Cap
    Higher chance of CRIT
    maxed and then some EVADE / DODGE / PARRY
    The ability to cast thru walls

Ever Debuffed one?

And Im still incline to believe that the COLOR difference between the NPC and the PLAYER effects the speed of attacks. A RED NPC will attack a player faster than if he were to face the same player as an EVEN fight, or the player will attack slower against a RED, or both. It get altered as the color changes. This was a change put in some time back to help BALANCE the NPCs. This is very REFLECTIVE in the PETs, that is why people are having the most horrific time with higher level pets.

But as everyone knows I dont have the best memory.
    Last edited by GreyBear; Nov 9th, 2002 at 12:04:50.

i noticed that it works better if you just root them

and fall back a room.

soldiers, engineers, enforcers and adventurers can keep their damage shields and roots are easier/faster to execute then calms. not to mention 2 more classes have roots then the 3 that have calms making for 5 classes that can help you with this strategy. it should be no problem finding ONE of them to get them into your team.

not to mention they are vastly more effective against the pets because they do not get broken by the constant pet guard spamming of the handlers.

the problem is the discipline involved in this - furthermore it wont really help in the oftentimes chaotic first room - you still need a good puller for that.
    sept 03 - the day ao was keeled by sl.

gone now. byebye.

Good plan in team mission.

Not effective in solo. Tried it. Couldnt seem to find my root prog anywhere. Cast every dang prog and nothing. What was the name of the DOC root again?