Thread: Lag/Graphics

Lag/Graphics

I'm running the game on the following machine:

AMD XP2000+, 512Mb DDR, Geforce 3 Ti500, 5.1 Sound MB Integrated, Cable Modem.

The game runs pretty much fine at 1024x768x32 in a window, though I do think the graphics engine needs some serious work. I see no reason why I spend the first few seconds watching the surroundings being drawn, makes no sense whatsoever when you look at every other game on the market. Quake, Unreal, NOLF, Everquest, etc, you enter an area and the graphics are there, they shouldn't take time to draw.

The only problem I do have is when moving through an area and another player appears. Theres a sudden judder as it loads in their data and draws them on screen, before it starts moving normally again. This gets really bad when theres a lot of people suddenly appearing, sometimes the game stops for up to 5 seconds if theres a lot, before moving again. It might allow a slight move, perhaps that happens when its switching to another persons data, I don't know. Whatever it is, its horrible. Introduce your programmers to the word 'multi-tasking' please.

I'm with everyone else too, the area of Broken Shores - Home is very bad. The drawing thing I mentioned above takes a lot longer, because theres so much to draw. It runs fine after that, but as theres a lot of players in that area, moving around afterwards is also a pain.

All I can say is fix the graphics engine, that seems to be the major cause of the problems. When the juddering/drawing starts, my ping sometimes jumps up to 2000+ from a regular 100.

Sorry, this somehow appeared in its own thread, it was meant to go to the lag one up above.. delete this thread, I'll repost in the proper one.