Thread: self labeling of backpacks.

self labeling of backpacks.

it would be great if you could label you backpacks yourself.
    like "worn nadir armor ql 1-50" would be great for a guild bank.

Thumbs up BUMPING THIS!!!

SIMPLE but needed. PLEASE consider this.
    ("...Free the might from fleshy mire! Boil the blood in heart of fire! Gone, gone the form of man! Rise the Demon Etrigan!")
    ===================

*Just another God of the Mind*

Explorer 73%
    Killer 66%
    Achiever 40%
    Socializer 20%

Also...

Backpacks, those containers that have the yin/yang symbol, well, how about almost any of the in-game containers.

But in any event I bump this idea for the 23rd time.

BUMP 24
    "This town needs an enema!" The Joker, Jack Nicholson.

" I think I'll perplex him with my slowball" Bugs Bunny

quote as said by a dev in december 2001:
    'Colored backpacks' are in progress. I can check the ETA when I get back to work. 'Re-naming' would of course be preferable, but proved to constitute re-writing much of the database format, i.e. a big pain in the ole' buttocks.
    its been argued before, but if we're lucky someday we'll see backpacks that have armor symbols or something.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Thumbs down

I don`t want that, I want to be able to label them myself.

Originally posted by Coly
    I don`t want that, I want to be able to label them myself.
    we all do

...but the backpacks we got now are much better than the ones we used to have. I guess self-naming the packs will require alot of database to be stored somewhere....

OH! Here's an idea: let us store the backpack-tags in the client database. I see no foul with that.

Originally posted by Skybert

we all do

...but the backpacks we got now are much better than the ones we used to have. I guess self-naming the packs will require alot of database to be stored somewhere....

OH! Here's an idea: let us store the backpack-tags in the client database. I see no foul with that.
    too much coding for devs=keep dreamin
    Cronoco

It has been suggested a long time ago. Glad to see people still want this.

I honestly think the easiest way would be to store the info (bag names) client-side in a text file. No need for server-side storage.

Hopefully we'll get this. Would be absolutely great.

bump!

i would love to sort my stuff out some more
    Frankt
    Nemesis (RK2)

lol...guess this thread doesn't operate on what will realistically be integrated, so i'll just stop arguing that it wont be done and just say: yeah i want this so here,

~bump~
    Cronoco

Oh wow this is a sweet idea, makes me thing of the 4 backpacks i carry, i have to keep them at the bottom of the invintory so they wont move or anything, so i know whats what. A simple lable even just a symble, or a single 4-5 letter word would be the bomb. Like impl = implants, ARMR = armor, Wpns = weapons, i can sure use it, i filled a bad of clothing i found and bought alone.

I love this idea. Please consider implementing this, FC!

Thumbs up Excellent idea

Bump!
    Taldrin | Titanioc | Teiral

I discovered the portal to another dimension!

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

Who are you? - http://quiz.ravenblack.net/videogame.pl

maybe if we get 1000 bumps the devs will see it

I keep waiting for a 3rd party software on this one. (Dont look at me to do it). pick an item and write a description in the third party software about it. Everytime you click on the item it comes up with a pop up that you typed in and says something like, "JUNK" or "Advent Nano's" or "Weapons"

I think it could be done. Not sure though, because I'm not a programmer. But every Item has a unique number and could be referenced by this software. So please get to it !!

HEHE
    "Haxamon"
    lvl 200 Crat

"Bludmusik"
    lvl 81 Adventurer

"Boottodahead"
    lvl 58 Fixer

"Stopgap"
    lvl 70 Enforcer

"Opposite"
    lvl 54 MA

PLEAASSEE!

I would love to be able to label my backpacks. For me, I carry 6. You know how us fixers are, we like to take everything out of a mission. At first, I bought the large packs with labels, but they're just annoying to me after a while. I'd just prefer a label. Same idea as everyone else, but I thought I'd add my 2 bits. *BUMP*

Reaper
    76 Fixer
    BattleReaper: noun; The blitzing armorer of Rimor.
    General of Fire Dragons
    Level 165 Solitus Fixer
    If you need it, and you've got the cash, I can get it for you.
    www.reaperianpress.0catch.com

Labels

What about icon-labels as a tradeskill. You buy small icons you then use a skill to 'attach' to the backpack. AND NO STUPID extra stats, just new apperence!
    Jack "McGreed" McReed, Fixer
    Member of Rage-Driven Pacifists
    "If life is just a dream, no wonder I keep drinking coffee..."