Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take Off Fall Damage Cap!

Originally posted by Sarv
    well, the cap does have a dowside!!!

imagen this, booster is out, your guild has a land do control.

Uba, teah fly's right above the crontroller, all unequip yalm, fall, doc heals twice. Uba team is now right at your controller, and just bupassed alot of the defences...

And thats why i say remove it
    if you're gonna use that trick, you don't even need to fly high enough to reach max falldamage. Falling from an altitude that give 300 falldamage is more than enough to do that trick.

hte damagecap was introduced because yalms were bugged, and people falling out of them died.
    Same as with indoor falldamage. That is totally removed, because indoor rooms were bugged, and people fell through glitches and stuff. So they disabled indoor falldamage. It was an easy and quick way. I've had many deaths with pre-lvl 20 chars inside missions due to that. No more.

But back to the cap. I really see no reason to up the cap. Really.

Arrow

Actually, in the ripped booster DB, there is something that seems to be a 'De-Yalming Field' of some range that you can get for your towers.
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

No fall damage cap? I agree. Thats something that just makes sense. It would be great to emulate a real situation. So I'm for it.
    That's my two credits....

- Antoine Kozar (Greengiantj)
    AntoineKozar@yahoo.com

"Any forum posting, if allowed to go on long enough, eventually leads to flaming." - Dat Phan

Originally posted by Skybert

if you're gonna use that trick, you don't even need to fly high enough to reach max falldamage. Falling from an altitude that give 300 falldamage is more than enough to do that trick.

hte damagecap was introduced because yalms were bugged, and people falling out of them died.
    Same as with indoor falldamage. That is totally removed, because indoor rooms were bugged, and people fell through glitches and stuff. So they disabled indoor falldamage. It was an easy and quick way. I've had many deaths with pre-lvl 20 chars inside missions due to that. No more.

But back to the cap. I really see no reason to up the cap. Really.
    well yalms arent bugged anymore except for little people problems, so lets bring outside fall damage back. come on...does no one see the fun factor here? kthanxbye.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Thumbs down

yes, i was very disappointed today when my friend went as high as possible, got out of his yalm, then didint die.

fall damage cap must die! FC FC make it goo awaaaaay!
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12