Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: No IPR points or full reset with 14.6

Give free "full IPR" at level 200. I.e. once every month or somewhat limited like that. perhaps limited at same rate as sidechange.

Never the less, there is not a damn thing to do at level 200, the very least thing we could be allowed to do, is testing out new items and weapons etc. I know you're already considering it, just giving it another kick.

Lich × Finalizer × Dictator × Vanguard × Techno Arch-Wizard × Godfather × Eternalist × Saviour × Deity × Guru

'People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they never use' - Kierkegaard

name one online mmorpg that does not have major changes over time, and has never had them.
    Yaz, some of the OTHER morpgs have a fexible skill system that allow players to have some replay ability with their favorite character....albeit "OVER TIME" they do in fact have them. Allowing players to atrophy skills is like changing careers (which is something you might consider doing, since you seem to be making an awful career flaming every IPR post that hits the boards).
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

Yaz also believes that there is no benifit in leveling past...what was it? 141? 149? *snicker*

For someone who's been reportedly playing since Beta, I find his comments amusing at best.

The explanation could be purely business-related, that is, more gimped chars = more rerollers = more playing time= more $ to FC? After all, what other significant reason can there be for not making players happy in a non-unbalancing way? Nobody would complain if they recieved a one or more extra IPR points.
    I believe you've hit the nail on the proverbial head.

Give free "full IPR" at level 200. I.e. once every month or somewhat limited like that. perhaps limited at same rate as sidechange.
    Would be nice. Eaze, you forget that Funcom doesn't care about making your game time enjoyable. They care about making your game time extendable. While some would think the two equate, it is becoming apparant that Funcom does not.

Originally posted by Zindel

Yaz, some of the OTHER morpgs have a fexible skill system that allow players to have some replay ability with their favorite character....albeit "OVER TIME" they do in fact have them. Allowing players to atrophy skills is like changing careers (which is something you might consider doing, since you seem to be making an awful career flaming every IPR post that hits the boards).
    I am a 4 year UO vet, yes I know this. But that is NOT a level game. You gain skill by use. Then they put this stupid power hour in and made it too fast (I proved it with 3 GM's in 5 hours).

Yes, if you want to lose and gain skills by use within your bracket of IP's Iwould favor that. People are not asking for that, they are asking for a "reset" button.

I do not agree with this thought process. We have enough cookie cutter style of play without someone going "I just got owned, think ill do that" and 30 min later they "poof" are a completely different char.

At some point they will have made enough changes to warrent some IPR. At this point though anyone above 150 with no IPR used their resets to "twink/tweek" rather than to fix.

as a final point, yes I am disagreeing with any thread calling for more IPR, because we all know he who screams the loudest wins with funcom changes. I think more IPR right now is a bad Idea, so I make sure funcom knows this. Guess what, I see more and more anti - ipr posts as time goes on. I am not alone, even if I am the most vocal. I am not THE MOST vocal, because I dont start threads on the topic. The people whining (yes that is what they are doing) are the ones being most vocal.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

so zylina, do tell what you did with your full IP reset and all your IPR's... I am anticipating hearing your wonderful words of wisdom on how you were broken all those times.

and yes, BS missions to level is NOT worth the gain of a few #'s. When they put new weapons in the game that I cant use yet I will begrudgingly do BS missions. When they give me something to do to level besides go to BS I will HAPILY level.

but I guess being the UBER powergamer that you are zy, you just dont understand, you are probably a tv person.. sit staring at the screen for hours on end "zoned out".

cmon, lets hear how mean nasty nerfin funcom used up 15 ipr's and a full reset with continuous nerfing. I cant wait to hear it.

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

just my sidenote.

Those of you saying

"you should have known"

and the like.

Your... um... not very visionary.

Those of you who said "your dumb for basing your character on Crit chance's anyways"

You have no idea of what you speak. I dont care how long you have played, you obviously dont know the mechanics of the game, no matter what you say.

FC, Since you take such joy in gimping us. At least tell us why you wont give us the tools to ungimp ourselves as much as possible.

For example.

Wether or not it made sense. I had a scope on my MA. He crits like mad, sure. Now scope will be ranged only. I have at LEAST 10 lvls of IP dumped into EE and WE. Why should >I< have to pay for YOUR shortsitedness? Your the ones who left the game like it was for so long. If your going to takith away, you must give something back in return. This is NOT an option. If you want to say to yourself at the end of the day "we care about our customers" then this is something you MUST do for us.

If you choose not to. well. Words cant say how much I think you guys um.... stink. At least be man ( or woman ) enough to explain WHY we deserve to be screwed like this? Eh? Can you? Can you give us a valid reason we shouldnt have one? Other than ytou like to see us squirm?

Please explain. But I have my doubts that you will... after all, its not in your nature to explain yourselves.
    Last edited by Turin; Nov 5th, 2002 at 00:04:50.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Originally posted by Turin
    just my sidenote.

Those of you saying

"you should have known"

and the like.

Your... um... not very visionary.

Those of you who said "your dumb for basing your character on Crit chance's anyways"

You have no idea of what you speak. I dont care how long you have played, you obviously dont know the mechanics of the game, no matter what you say.

FC, Since you take such joy in gimping us. At least tell us why you wont give us the tools to ungimp ourselves as much as possible.

For example.

Wether or not it made sense. I had a scope on my MA. He crits like mad, sure. Now scope will be ranged only. I have at LEAST 10 lvls of IP dumped into EE and WE. Why should >I< have to pay for YOUR shortsitedness? Your the ones who left the game like it was for so long. If your going to takith away, you must give something back in return. This is NOT an option. If you want to say to yourself at the end of the day "we care about our customers" then this is something you MUST do for us.

If you choose not to. well. Words cant say how much I think you guys um.... stink. At least be man ( or woman ) enough to explain WHY we deserve to be screwed like this? Eh? Can you? Can you give us a valid reason we shouldnt have one? Other than ytou like to see us squirm?

Please explain. But I have my doubts that you will... after all, its not in your nature to explain yourselves.

actually what I am saying is nobody should use IPR for tweeking/twinking and then ask for more. They were intended to allow us to compensate for major nerfage.

I STILL have yet to hear ONE story that justifies using 15 IPR and a full reset due to major funcom nerfs in the past, what 5-6 months. Hell they waited 3 months JUST FOR ONE PATCH.

It is still my challenge to peeps askin for more, but when I ask I hear *crickets*.

*edit* if you want to use IPR's to "tinker" with your char that is your buisiness, but you used them, and there were plenty there.

Dont worry, they like all companies will give you what you want, but you will pay for it.

I predict either a full IPR, IPR points or both as part of shadowlands (which you have to give them $$$$$ for).
    Last edited by Yazule; Nov 5th, 2002 at 05:36:59.

ROFLOL

Arrow

Yazule, you really are obsessed about what other people do with their own chars.

Butt your nose out already, you don't want to use IPR, fine, but many people do. Must really burn your *** for some reason, but its really none of your damn business what they do.

Lol if it wasn't for IPR, maybe 3 people would try anything past 120 or whatever without confirming it isn't a total joke. {insert all the ql200 weapons that do 1-150(100) damage with 2 attack skills and 3 specials}

actually what I am saying is nobody should use IPR for tweeking/twinking and then ask for more.
    Yes master, what am I allowed to do next?
    mercatura -ae f. [trade, traffic; merchandise]

Moved off-world and found real tradeskills...along with many other things

Because he's really an evangelist out to save our souls. We should thank him instead of s******ing at him Merc.

Angry

without ipr i have to spend 8 lvl to switch melee again and let my nano and evades down atm :/
    yup we need this ipr !!!

Originally posted by SUPERSLAG
    Use ip points and full ipr as a money drain ingame - sell them for a large amount of creds - so that if drasticly needed they can be bought but at a large cost - say 20-40mil for a ip point and 80 - 100 mil for a ipr - the large cost would stop people from doing it all the time - help drain money out of the economy and also not leave people at a dead end when patches change peoples way of life.
    This is by far the best idea related to ipr that ive heard.

Concerns about IPR points noted. I'll bring them up with the designers. I'm not going to get into a discussion with you about it here, as I've already heard your arguments. (...so I'll discuss with the designers to get theirs. )

It's worth mentioning that in EQ's 3+ years of time, never once has Verant allowed its characters to reset stats. The full IPr that FC gave us was somewhat unprecendented in the MMO world, and the handful of points given at each title level is something they did that they really did not have to do.

Gonna have to side with the naysayers here. Sure, it's frustrating to see the game change after you've spent all your points, but that's sort of the point of an RPG. You roll and play your character in a certain way, and part of the game is to see how well you can respond to changes in the environment.

Is it *really* so bad to start an alt to play with new configurations?
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Originally posted by SUPERSLAG
    Use ip points and full ipr as a money drain ingame - sell them for a large amount of creds - so that if drasticly needed they can be bought but at a large cost - say 20-40mil for a ip point and 80 - 100 mil for a ipr - the large cost would stop people from doing it all the time - help drain money out of the economy and also not leave people at a dead end when patches change peoples way of life.
    Considering how much *cough* unscrupulous *cough* money made it into the economy, if FC ever did something along these lines, a full IPr would have to cost much more than 80-100 mil. Perhaps 500-900 million and some % of the total IP you would get back. Instead of getting your full IP back, you get, say, 85% back the first time... after that, you'd get 75%, then 60%, 45%, and so on... That curve is probably too steep, but you get the idea. It'd be a great way to keep people from doing an IPr too often.
    Gogo "Atremis" Yubari
    220 MA - RK1
    Tranq

There are 10 types of people in this world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

It has nothing to do with anyone in particular's character, it has to do with the game, and TRYING to make(keep) it a good game.

IPR's are kinda like "cheat codes" in solo rpg's. "oh I want a tank *type in code*". This in mho is BAD, if it is just YOU on YOUR PC that is one thing, but when it effects 1000's of other people (ripple effect) even if slightly then it effects my game, takes away from my enjoyment. So guess what. I can voice my opinion that I think the idea is bad.

if you use then for what they are intended (for fixes when Funcom nerfs you) then that is not true, but guess what, if you are out of IPR and you used a full IPR then you "abused" it.

I STILL have yet to hear ONE story that justifies using 15 IPR and a full reset due to major funcom nerfs in the past, what 5-6 months. Hell they waited 3 months JUST FOR ONE PATCH. So guess what. I can voice my opinion that I think the idea is bad, and you can keep bashing on me personally because you have no argument, and you will always look like someone bashing on me because you have no argument.

ROFLOL

Originally posted by Atremis

Considering how much *cough* unscrupulous *cough* money made it into the economy, if FC ever did something along these lines, a full IPr would have to cost much more than 80-100 mil. Perhaps 500-900 million and some % of the total IP you would get back. Instead of getting your full IP back, you get, say, 85% back the first time... after that, you'd get 75%, then 60%, 45%, and so on... That curve is probably too steep, but you get the idea. It'd be a great way to keep people from doing an IPr too often.

actually that is not a bad Idea... make it cost a LOT for ONE IPR point (1 million/level of char)... inflation IS a worse problem in AO than People like Zy who abuse IPR points.

ROFLOL

Yes, if you want to lose and gain skills by use within your bracket of IP's Iwould favor that. People are not asking for that, they are asking for a "reset" button.
    People are asking for "reset" buttons because that's all Funcom has ever put on the table. Remember before IPR people were shouting at the top of their lungs for complete character wipe.....can you say "ouch"? If Funcom would have done this, you'd have people shouting for "another character wipe!!!" lol. I think IPR was a better alternative (though far from being perfect) and as you've clearly witnessed, everyone is now shouting "MORE IPR" and for good reasons. When we go through major changes, people would rather quit the game than to reroll their favorite character and that's something that deserves attention since these same people are paying Funcom's bills.

Proposal: Allow the character to atrophy skills at a rate proportional to the IP generated from xp earned. For instance if it takes a character 4 million xp to get from level X to level Y and that 4 million xp generates a total of 20,000 IP points, that character could effectively atrophy one or more skills to a degree and gain back a total of 20K IP within that level. Couple of bad things, since the number of IP gained is based on title level rather than actual level, the closer you come to each new title level, the longer it would take to atrophy a skill as it takes more xp to generate the same IP within that title level (not that big of a deal). The other bad thing is, not sure how to apply this for level 200s. You might even take it one step further and associate a cost as Superslag has suggested.

PS. it seems we will see some Race nerfing as well in the upcoming patches. Have talked to several VERY angry solitus doctors.....how do you rectify complete race nerfing?
    -Zindel- Novice 200 Opifex MA
    -Clematis- Apprentice 180 Opifex Fixer
    -Bushwhacker- 135 Atrox Enforcer
    General of Mecenaries of Kai [TaG]

Thanks for your reply Cz,

.. it shows you're at least listening to our rants and whines, not that I ever doubted it. When you talk to the devs, don't forget you have a large section of the old timers backing you up

Now, I'm just curious about one thing regarding the crit nerfing we're seeing all over these days... why must you still nerf the old LLTS scopes, when you're implementing a 50% reduction of crits in PvP anyway? If you could leave the LLTS alone, maybe not so many will need that IPR to gain back the points put in Ranged Init./Fling/AS/WS/EE/Shottie? Hmm, maybe even the devs. would like the idea, as opposed to implementing more IPR points...

I do agree that many PvP fights are too short, but that's mostly *because* of tactics (i.e. ganking) and imbalances between certain professions, not solely the crit chance. Arranged, "fair" duels can often take several minutes to see the outcome, but this is not exactly what people will be doing on the battlefield, hehe
    Bret 'Bothead' Bannister
    Member of Rising Phoenix

Re: Thanks for your reply Cz,

Originally posted by Smacdevil
    .. it shows you're at least listening to our rants and whines, not that I ever doubted it. When you talk to the devs, don't forget you have a large section of the old timers backing you up

Now, I'm just curious about one thing regarding the crit nerfing we're seeing all over these days... why must you still nerf the old LLTS scopes, when you're implementing a 50% reduction of crits in PvP anyway? If you could leave the LLTS alone, maybe not so many will need that IPR to gain back the points put in Ranged Init./Fling/AS/WS/EE/Shottie? Hmm, maybe even the devs. would like the idea, as opposed to implementing more IPR points...

I do agree that many PvP fights are too short, but that's mostly *because* of tactics (i.e. ganking) and imbalances between certain professions, not solely the crit chance. Arranged, "fair" duels can often take several minutes to see the outcome, but this is not exactly what people will be doing on the battlefield, hehe
    Before I begin I just want to make a note to Smacdevil that I am not criticizing his post nor slamming him but just using his post as a reference for what I'm about to say to others. So Smacdevil - just using your post and points for my post but not directing this to you.

First of all, IPR points at one point might not have been given at all. Not too many gaming companies provide for a full IPR reallocation and then give you further points to be gained at higher title levels to use on skills.

After the full IPR reallocation phase everyone that is very high level should have had a ton of IP to move around to various choices. Most players took unplanned routes - routes that gave them tactical advantages with weapons and crits to be uber for a short time. This IMHO is not planned efficiently or carefully. If a person trained to use a scope that no longer drops in the game and knows that it is improperly balanced, they should expect changes to occur.

One thing that I have found out from playing many MMORPGs is that you can never rely on any one thing or even any three things. You have to plan carefully and for those that saved their IPR points and used the reallocation, planned carefully and never spend a single IPR point - my hat is off to you. You will be do very well after all the balancing is done and over with. For those people who spent their IPR points impulsively, quickly, to try out different weapons and then were disappointed with them, why should you get more IPR points? Because you planned badly?

I have to back the designers on this issue 100% when I say, NO IPR, NO additional points, and for those that have horrible issues with what you chose to position your skills on, well too bad. For those MAs that are using river shotguns and run out of IPR points - well guess what - too bad. I think a lot of cheese should be given out to a lot of people.

while buying ipr is a great idea i think tokens would be a better exchanged for ipr points we have excessive amounts of them and if you need more you whore up more missions say 500-700 tokens for 1 ipr

not everyone wants to spend all day or has the time to blitz 40mil to buy ipr and not everyone has had the opportunity to sell those uber items that get you a instant 200mil :/

but some way of earning ipr would be alot better than fc just giving them to us
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast