Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALOT of changes are comming up, and no more ipr.

Exclamation ALOT of changes are comming up, and no more ipr.

FC is nerfing scopes, by doing this certain weapons are not working the way they used to be. That means we have to reset the skills and choose something else. What happens when you're suppose to have the "perfect" setup and they nerf you some way or another, and you have no IPR left?! That can easily happen to a level 200 that made a few bad choices in IPR's in the pass, finnaly got a good setup but has like 1-2 ipr left.. He can't change things around anymore, he dossent have enought iprs... grr

With all those upcomming changes comming up, I think FC should give us another FULL IPR for a month so we can rethink our char the way things will be now.

I for myself went from Snakemaster to full MA. Used a few of my ipr, but now that they're nerfing my scope and my MA (bu bye FoK if you're not MA wish means MA is really not that appealing anymore). I'm in a situation where ill wait till the very last min to make all my changes, and I have no idea if ill have enought ipr to do it. Wish pisses me off cause my setup was perfect untill they nerfed me.

Anyway bump this please, they need to do something about this. Its not our fault things change all around all the time.

i assumse your doctor uses a shotgun
    this doesnt effect me cause i got all my ipr and dont need em atm anyway but i still think its a good idea. Especially for all those shotgun classes.
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

Thumbs down

No I'm fully MA right now, I used a few IPR to take off my shotgun..

I was planning on doing a River6/MA combo for pvp. Now I dont know if its a good idea with all those nerfs comming up.

So I might need to reset my River6 and MA to go I dont know where yet... Thats ALOT of ipr's skills, and I dont even know if I have enought to do it. You can make sure ill do like 156086 petitions to get more iprs if I need more to get it the way I want. I'm already getting nerf in the scope department, something that was NOT suppose to get changed(yes I worked HARD to get it and now I have to rethink what gun would be good to use withought my 14% scope). If I have to spend iprs to reset the skills I wont happy thats for sure. If they wouldn't of nerfed scopes I wouldn't ask for more IPRS.
    Last edited by NoWay; Oct 30th, 2002 at 23:07:04.

The patch they took away UVC from the rest of the populace is the patch you should have given up the Rivers 6.

Its crit or s*** with that gun, more often than that it hits for crap.
    - Cyrus Cyblade7 Crown
    - General of Redemption

Do you really think they care? really? IF you do... well. It is halloween, trick is on you.
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

just learn how to play AO :P

i dont have problems with any of those patches.
    Achmed20 RK1 Fixer
    noone gives u power,
    real power is something u take

fear my lockpick ... plz?

Originally posted by Whiteboog
    i assumse your doctor uses a shotgun
    this doesnt effect me cause i got all my ipr and dont need em atm anyway but i still think its a good idea. Especially for all those shotgun classes.
    there are viable shotties even if they nerf llts (vek and HD come to mind).

anyone using a shotty and calling for IP is not the brightest. Just because the shotgun you choose atm to use wont be as effective does not mean that the weapon style as a whole is junk.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Nah I choose a gun I wanna use then put skills in it. I dont choose a skill then choose a gun. If they nerf my scope/gun setup. I dont wanna choose something with ip placement I have. I wanna have the same option I had before everything got nerfed in the first place.

Achmed20 you probably dont have a problem with all the last patch FC came up with cause you're a fixer and all you guys got recently are good patch's. Wait till they decide to cut down on your grid armor or something like that. And you're probably not using a scope you had to work for also. Like most people on those boards you're thinking about yourself first and if the nerf dossent affect you, you simply don't care.

I'm against nerf's, I know how much it pisses off people when they nerf you. It was there job to figure it out in the first place. And if a class is to powerful they should just fix the other classes that are not powerful enought instead of nerfing the guys that made the right choice and are really happy with what they got.

Your mistake in the first place was making a choice based on power and combat effectiveness instead of whether or not your character actually would use it. Live with it, munchkins.

Originally posted by PipBoy
    Your mistake in the first place was making a choice based on power and combat effectiveness instead of whether or not your character actually would use it. Live with it, munchkins.
    yes his mistake for using a good pvp / pvm setup and fc nerfing him woot what an idiot i could of seen this 6 months ago when he made his doc
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

Originally posted by gwend

yes his mistake for using a good pvp / pvm setup and fc nerfing him woot what an idiot i could of seen this 6 months ago when he made his doc
    You missed my point entirely, munchkin. My point was that his decision should never have been based on numbers anyway. His decision to use a weapon should have been based on what he felt fit in with his character. How does game mechanics have ANYTHING to do with the personality of a character?

"good PvP/PvM" is totally irrelevant when it comes to a "role playing game" in the truest sense. In fact, "good PvM" to an RPer means they kill evil mobs and NPCs. "good PvP" means they kill other players that are evil.

When you play a game just to crunch numbers, you DESERVE to get burned.

Har! Right on brotha. First time I've heard someone use the word "munchkin" too (I am familiar with it) .
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

MMORPGs are all about numbers. There is no RP in the game engine. So when you rip on someone for making a decision based on numbers, who looks like an idiot?

This thread has gone to ****... Sucks to be you...

id say the number of people that actually rp in this game is very small ive yet to meet a true role playing character since i started playing which was a couple weeks after release and if you just start sticking ip into skills without doing some "number crunching" youre bound to be screwed over in the end

Originally posted by gwend
    id say the number of people that actually rp in this game is very small ive yet to meet a true role playing character since i started playing which was a couple weeks after release and if you just start sticking ip into skills without doing some "number crunching" youre bound to be screwed over in the end
    Your concept of "screwed over" is still based on power and the ability to beat on stuff. If you truly roleplay, you won't care one way or the other. As for this MMORPG being about number crunching, that's all the players' fault. No offense, but aparently yourself included. Hell, I admit I've been guilty of it quite a bit too. But as I said in another thread, I've come upon a very sudden realization. Honestly it has made AO a lot better for me, though unfortauntely, the lack of true roleplayers means the only char I can RP viably is quite a loner. It works well though. I made a nanomage adventurer who likes to wield fast shooting pistols and hang out in the desert mumbling about how much Rubikan Society is filled with crazy folks shouting about numbers all the time.

Your concept of "screwed over" is still based on power and the ability to beat on stuff. If you truly roleplay, you won't care one way or the other. As for this MMORPG being about number crunching, that's all the players' fault. No offense, but aparently yourself included. Hell, I admit I've been guilty of it quite a bit too. But as I said in another thread, I've come upon a very sudden realization. Honestly it has made AO a lot better for me, though unfortauntely, the lack of true roleplayers means the only char I can RP viably is quite a loner. It works well though. I made a nanomage adventurer who likes to wield fast shooting pistols and hang out in the desert mumbling about how much Rubikan Society is filled with crazy folks shouting about numbers all the time.
    time to conform bust out your calculator

so you think i should use a ql1 weapon because it looks good, rather than something that causes damage?

I choose a weapon based on my ability to cover it in IPs, and it's ability to damage things. If funcom changes the ground floor leaving me ineffective, I need to change. It has nothing to do with RP, it has to do with damage.

I could be wrong, but putting a nice dress on and dancing for tarasque didn't kill it.

munchkin.

Originally posted by TheSkeezix
    I could be wrong, but putting a nice dress on and dancing for tarasque didn't kill it.
    Maybe you gotta get a whole lot of Atrox wearing metal bikinis and the Tarasque will claw its eyes out, leaving it unable to hit anything.

Maybe like Slag keeps on saying it should be a cred sink. Maybe even like $2 RL cashola for full IPR on all characters on account or something wacky like that.
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast