Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mission 'fix', did more bad than good.

Oh come on now...

Originally posted by Xombie
    Then why in the hell did we all complain about them being too far away?
    Aren't we just going to whine again if they switch it back?
    Can they be so simple-minded as to think all 5 missions per request HAVE to be ALL near or ALL far?

What is the problem with adding some variety in distance (and hence reward credits)?

They weren't SUPPOSED to be all far. That was an incompatability in coding that happened when they tried to make them closer.
    "By the way, if anyone here is in marketing or advertising: kill yourself." --Bill Hicks
    "Have we turned into gerbils? People are paying money to walk up invisible steps over and over again." --Dennis Leary

Post obvious answer

They just need to add a NEAR/FAR slider. Then we can at least all agree an a single complaint. They should also explain what the others do, GOOD/BAD?

--Xente
    http://www.ao-meta.com

Well, I can live with some of the fixes but some have me statching my head. The first one is the full auto nerf. My burst does more damage now then FA does. At lv56 I can burst on a green or grey mob for 100 to 500 (If I crit) but FA for less then 50, unless I get lucky and hit with 0 bullets for 120 damage.

How can this be? I would think FA would do more then a burst.

Second thing I noticed is the level of my gun makes a big difference now. I can use a lower level gun on grey or green mobs and do decent damage but on high level mobs even a higher level gun does less damage. An example of this would be a level 60 gun on a level 55 mob does the same amount of damage that a level 35 gun, on a level 55 mob did last week.
    Before you ask, they are the same make of gun, a nova flow.

The funny thing is, the lower level nova does more burst damage.
    Why is that?

The last thing is my bot. I can't leave it behind to keep wacking on the mob while I zone out to heal. If I do, he just quits responding untill I return and issue the attack command again.
    But the mob's keep whacking away on the bot. Once I zone back in and issue the attack command, the mobs turn right back on me and knock me back out of the mission in short order.

This shouldn't happen, I gave a command and I expect it to be followed untill death or I issue another one. I can't always stay in
    the mission if I want survive. An engineer has piss poor AC's you know. With the added HP's mobs have now, I find myself zoning out from even green mobs sometimes. So I though this would be a standard tactic. Now it looks like FC doesn't want us to do it.

This tactic was very useful in helping me clear a big room of 3 green to yellow mobs. Now it's useless and there is no way an engineer can take out 1 green with 2 grey helpers without zoning out for a heal. If the room has 2 green and 1 yellow or better, I have little or no chance unless I get help. They just kill of my bot, which is anywhere for 6 to 10 levels higher then me.

So how is an engineer suppose to make a living on Rubi-ka? They keep changing the rules on us. What worked last week won't work this week. I can adjust if the rules stay like this, but the question is, will they?

Later,

I like the new mission distances but the fact that every NPC mob takes forever to kill kinda makes the distance issue moot.

I actually love the new missions myself but I can see the points that a few have made...

The only suggestion I have is to look at the many, many, many threads on this board asking for a distance slider so that players of vastly different levels and experience can customize the mission to suit thier play style. I am not a programmer and have no idea what would be involved in adding a ditance slider and scaling the awards to it but I would like to see a repsonse to this from FC...

Remember.. I LIKE THE CURRENT CHANGES... Just playing devils advocate for those that dont.

It's the 40m range cap all over again... They try to fix something and breaks it in an entirely different manner instead.

My problem was never getting missions far away. It was getting 80% of all missions in the exact 2-3 same spots. Now I get all missions right nextdoor, and for crappy money rewards. Why oh why didn't you just give us a slider to choose how far away we wanted the mission? I spent weeks getting a few mill creds as a lvl 70ish NT getting 40-45k a mission. Now I get 15-20 MAX per mission instead.

A few clues:

- Running missions is generally NOT fun. It's very boring in fact.
    - Most people run missions solely to make money to buy something that IS fun.
    - Getting money for classes with low ac/hp was hard enough already, now our possible money income is effectively halved

Come on, add a distance slider. Higher distance = higher reward just like higher difficulty = higher reward. That way we can do missions we can survive (bit below middle), and compensate with adding range to make up some or all of the cash we lose on making the mission itself easier.

Originally posted by Sandrix
    Denghar, I am screaming the same thing. At lvl 81 the best paying mission I can get is like 34k, when I should be getting 77-100k. The only hope Funcom has of me continuing to pay is to put mission terms back the way they were before they started messing with them.

THEY WERE FINE BEFORE WHY DID YOU HAVE TO SCREW IT UP
    HEY MAN PUT DOWN THAT PIPE!

I am level 90 and I can do 107 missions solo from avalon to southern foul hills (yes that IS the farthest distance between two points in the game) and they are 100k creds

dont know what your smoking saying you can get a 100k mission at your level, but can I have some?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12