Thread: Something uniqe for NTs: Refresh Buffs nano

Something uniqe for NTs: Refresh Buffs nano

Since NTs are supposed to be masters of nanotechnology, why not add something like this to make them actually masters?

Imagine a nano that when run resets the timers of all your buffs to full duration. This could be done in 3 versions, a trivial one that resets one buff on the NT himself (self-only), one that resets all the buffs on the NT (also self-only) and finally a team version that resets all buffs on every member of the team.

Imagine the possibilities. A team with an NT could get buffs from outside the team and then run through one or more missions without spending time buffing and also getting the benefits of buffs from outside the team.

Would this make the NT profession too Uber? No, I dont think so, since it only extends the time of Uberness (outside buffs), not adding more Uberness on top of existing buffs. This could actually be one of those "do we have an NT in the team?" that currently doesnt exist.

Well, Im pretty sure this will never happen, but hey, I can dream

/Jereziah

Heh, yknow for a while now I was thinking of the same thing. A buff that refreshes buffs....PERFECT for the NT.

you might say it's 'overpowering', but there was a time that I might have said NCU buffs were overpowering too.

A buff like this saves time (no need to rebuff) and would give a team another reason to add an Nt to the team. I say bump this!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

All for it.

It can't really be considered over-powering so much as time-saving, I think... though, MAYBE trader wrangle/drains might be a bit overpowered if they could be refreshed like this.

I mean, trader team-wrangles. Now, every 2.5 minutes, the NT runs the buff refresher. Assuming it doesn't refresh hostiles, then the trader's negative runs down, and the team gets to maintain the benefit of the wrangle.

So, I think, the easy way to prevent this: make it refresh ALL buffs, including hostile buffs.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

I love that idea. I would love to save time by having the NT do that refresh buff. That would leave more time for me to fight crime
    Spongebobby 215 Crat : Rimor
    Magnatta 177 MA : Rimor

"Feeling lonely and content at the same time,
    I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" -Nightwish

Nice idea. That would give Agents a reason to go FP NT.
    But currently asking for nice additions may be bad, the developers would give NTs a cookie and say that we are fixed. So NTs shouldn't get anything aditional until they are really fixed, and after that they can ask for more.
    Sihirbaz original level 200 NT of Die Neue Welt
    Proud member of Black Thorns

Originally posted by Kiryat-Dharin
    So, I think, the easy way to prevent this: make it refresh ALL buffs, including hostile buffs.
    Or, alternatively, give it a long cool down - for example, 20 minutes (the duration of the gen buffs).

Would be great !
    Maybe with more versions (QL), to refresh buffs up to 6 NCU, then 15 then 25 then...
    Stercoral.

Circle G Inc. - Your safety is our business.
    http://nattguiden.no/circle-g/

Nah, I think the refresh hostile as well is better than a long cooldown.

I mean, there are literal *bunches* of short-term nanos that would be fun if a teammate could extend them. Challenger, TMS, MA destruction line...

The *only* problem I'm starting to see is that this will move NTs away from the direct combat role they were intended for more towards a true support role.

That's all.

Well, without a long cool down or some type of limitation, literally, it would be possible for an NT to get every buff in the game from other professions and have that buff running forever. That does seem as if it would be overpowering and imbalancing, no?

Great idea (where did I see it before..? :-). However I disagree about refreshing hostile nanos.. they cannot be controlled and thus shouldn't be refreshed either.

The way to make sure that buffs like wrangle don't get refreshed would be to limit the duration time of refreshable nanos to, say 10 minutes. That way most of the buffs, including general boosts and experiese will be refreshed while the short term buffs will still run out... NS2 comes to mind .

Uhm.. but in reality I don't see us getting such line of nanos. All you'd have to do is get highest NCU buff, stock up on all buffs that you need: behemoth, HP, MoP, RRFE, Mochams MC, TTS, etc, and just keep it all refreshed... people would *scream* for nerf :-).

-= Legion =-

/stuck is your new best friend!!!

Ew, good point. Nullity would be refreshable.

Options: long-ass cast time. If it takes 1 minute to run, you can't refresh ultra-short buffs (Nullity, agent crit buffs, etc.), and it makes refreshing TMS, Chall, or wrangles pretty useless, as you'll be spending 1/3 or more of your time running the refresher.

Make multiple levels of the buff-refresher, which will of course be level-locked by FC's new system.

Since the NCU buffs are also level-locked, it's not like you can super-twink this way, any more than you can by just going out and re-obtaining the buffs you need.

Now, have the buff-refresher of type N *only* refresh buffs which have NCU requirements less than N, and it still takes 1 minute to cast. I.E. "Enfraam's Nano-Renewer Type 14" would refresh all buffs that take less than 14 NCU. The top of the line would be "Izzgimmer's Moebius Strip" and could refresh all buffs in-game.

Bingo, you can refresh those Marks before your teammates' run out, keep that Behemoth running through those ungodly long missions that sometimes spawn, keep dem Mochies going long after the MP is gone... and it shouldn't game-break, it should just reduce down-time.

It's a nice concept, at least. Concepts are better than nothing, right?

I dont know if QL is stored with the running buffs, but if they were, it could be a way to stop twinking if the refresh only affected buffs below a certain level. like a QL50 refresh would refresh all buffs up to QL50, but not over.

This would stop the twinks from getting essence of beh / mochies and then continuously refreshing them with their dinky little QL20 refresh nano. Once the NT could run that QL200 refresher, buffs wouldnt be much of a twink issue since most teammates would be able to self buff their nano skills to use their professions biggest buffs themselves.

Only "problem" I see here is MPs becoming an "NT or MP" teammate, since nanobuffs wouldnt need rebuffing by the MP if an NT was on the team. Not sure about other professions, but that seems to be the most obvious conflict.

/Jereziah

Great idea. It would really bring some usefullness back to NTs. Level reqs on them would be a great idea. The MP point is a good one. MPs may feel cheated out of there role of the buff dispensor
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .