Thread: Level 200 Enahncements

Level 200 Enahncements

As I have seen, currently you get level 200 and thats about it for you. There needs to be some advantages for level 200 players to make them truly "uber". You spend the time to get level 200 it is warranted that you get special level 200 only bonuses.

My Ideas:

- Turn in gained XP for special bonuses or skills that only level 200s can have. Say turning in 100 mil xp gets you a special skill depending on your profession. You can also build on this and get another special skill once you have gained say 200million more XP, and so on.

-Tokens. If Token boards are staying at 1k for the max have some turn in system for the extra ones. I have some level 200 friends that have over 4.5k tokens. I say let them turn in those tokens for maybe extra IP, or maybe making a token board that only level 200s can get as long as they have like 5k tokens or something around there.

I think ideas like this would bring fun back to the level 200s in this game that feel like their at the end of the road. This would give level 200s more to do than Blitz missions, Do Tara, play alts, and be bored. Please Feel Free to hijack this post and add suggestions of your own. I just want to see something done to make the game alot more fun for those in the High end, and im sure that there are Ideas that I have missed.

Please FC (or God, whichever has more power), don't make level 200s do missions. The Booster Pack looks like it'll have some tasty PvP action.

I'm rushing to get to level 200. I honestly don't understand where this sentiment is coming from. Camelot raids, high level quests, extremely difficult unique bosses...and notum wars.

I gotta go into fanboy rant here. Tower construction and defending, land and air attacks, it sounds INCREDIBLY fun. Way different from the rest of the game maybe, but different in a good way. Seriously check out the review (and movies) on gamespot. Resource management and mining, control towers, etc, sound so much like strategy games, yet with a different twist.

As for the lvl 200 enhancements, your control towers add several different types of boosts:

Guild boosts: Comes in the form of skills boosts, i.e. nanoskills (which is how we'll be using the new nanos that are starting to drop). Additional towers can be purchased from special shops or created by players (traders and engineers, probably moreso the latter than the former) for additional defenses, offenses or other skill boosts.

Side boosts: So if you're an omni walking in an area controlled by another omni guild, even if it's not yours, you'll receive some sort of generic boost to your skills. This would add incentive to assist another same-side guild in the area.

this is AO's answer to the relic system in dark age of camelot, which was a very good idea that ended up getting exploited. the same potential exists for AO's control towers, but it just seems so much more dynamic and intriguing than DAoC's.

Some of the towers I've read about include defensive aura towers, buffing towers, towers that disable enemy yahlmahas (w00t), etc.

I've gotta say that if this goes well, this is going to keep me playing a long long time. Once you hit level 200 and don't have to worry about BS missions anymore, you have all the time in the world to attack towers, defend your own, add more towers, find new notum mining spots, etc. Mind blowing stuff.

So in my own opinion, getting to level 200 is just the start of things once the booster pack is out.
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat