Thread: Question on BBI Faithful Init

Question Question on BBI Faithful Init

I was just looking at Auno's item database and the BBI Faithful gun, trying to figure out which ql to next get, and I noticed something that alarmed me considerably. According to his page the BBI Faithful uses Melee Init!! Upon checking the rest of his entries for the BBI Faithful series I was shocked to find they ALL have Melee Init as their Init skill listing!

Now to my question Is this an error in his database or is this true and how it really works in the game? I'm hoping its a bug in his db, as it would seem odd that a ranged weapon (uses the pistol, flingshot and multi ranged skills, def skill is dodge ranged) would use melee init as its init skill. If his db is correct and its a bug in AO, I hope it'll get put on the list for 14.6

Thanks
    Atreyu

BBI Faithful's are currently using the wrong init. It is supposed to be fixed in 14.6 along with numerous other guns.

Yes, it's quite annoying to have bullets and grenades parried.

As a fun little test, I created an adventurer based on SOL fire executioner type C, and my friend created an adventurer on BBI Faithfuls. We are both the same level. There's just an incredible difference in the attack rate between the two of us, even though we both have maxed inits and the weapons have similar attack speeds.

My SOL based ADV is far outdamaging his BBI based ADV because of init problems. I can watch the attack meters just freeze on his screen and his char will sit there for several seconds while it figures out what went wrong. And if the mob parries his bullets, his attack meter gets really messed up.

I have to recommend against BBIs until they are fixed.