Thread: Wtf!

Angry Wtf!

WTF i've ld'ed 4 times in 1 mission in varmint woods. heres a suggestion FC, get better servers! gettin so pissed off and i also have a 10 minute snare, but since i never draw aggro and dont have a debuff handy i'm gonna have to wait the whole time. -400 runspeed biatch! yeah this is fun!

edit: not to mention i'm teamed with a lvl 40 doc whos using field dressings (ql 10) as her main heal. i didn't have the time to *explain* to her why she should be healing more, but as i left i asked someone to do it...hope someone tells her...

another edit: ld'ing # now up to 6 times, the first 4 times within 30 minutes, we would set up the team again just to have us all ld...
    Last edited by Cronos; Oct 28th, 2002 at 08:44:01.
    Spewing truth from every orifice.
    Fixanox - Member of Eternal Fury.
    Cronoco

The fact that you don't have a debuff handy is your own fault.
    You can't blame FC for that.

As for lag problems, I agree they need to do everything they can about that.
    --
    Kenlon- Combat Medic, RK1
    "This! Is! My! Boomstick!" Gear.

Creaky old vet, back for another go-round.

Originally posted by Kenlon
    The fact that you don't have a debuff handy is your own fault.
    You can't blame FC for that.
    the fact that i'm supposed to use an exploit to get out of it is FC's fault. snares are needlessly long too, didn't i see this somewhere? if they break in a couple shots like a root i see no reason for them to be 10 minutes long.

PS: long snares make Baby Jesus cry.
    Last edited by Cronos; Oct 28th, 2002 at 08:29:27.
    Cronoco

Heh - Seems to me that you ran into a Doctor that was focusig on good DOTs instead of Heals.

You didn't take time to ask him/her about that, right ?
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

They don't break in a couple shots. Don't believe me? Watch me kite the enigmas/enigmaboss. However, if the snares were shorter, I'd need an HE to be able to kite, which would suck.

Also, in the 14.7 Beta DB, root/snare removers are being put in, so I expect that until then this is one of those "exploits that aren't reeeally exploits cuz we can't fix it until the in-game methods are in."

And finally.

Long snares don't make Baby Jesus cry. *I* make Baby Jesus cry.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

cronos doesnt sound like a very nice mister .
    Witeboog - Soldier RK2
    First to Pandemonium on RK2
    First into IS on RK2
    First into TOTW on RK2 First to 220 on RK2
    First to form an org on RK2 First to 200 on RK2
    First soldier with ql 200 Spasmodic Assault Rifle
    First omni on RK2 First post on forums
    First Grand Master on RK2
    First to PvP on RK2
    First to solo The Beast on RK2

Originally posted by Cronos
    the fact that i'm supposed to use an exploit to get out of it is FC's fault.
    Has Funcom said that doing that is an exploit? If so, where please, I'd like to read up on it.

hehe guys...i started this thread when i was really angry at ld'ing so much...but later i put in some new ncu, and i'm going for a gamma ejector soon so i'm happier.

cado: this doctor was described as noob/professional begger later when i met one of my previous teammates. seems my teammate had a talk with her after all. she doesn't have the MONEY for new heals. now that's unacceptable, all it takes it to loot crap throughout the mission, or even ask the team to buy it, since they will depend on it. also i saw no DoTs being used, only her hitting for 30 points of melee damage...

Dharin: you sure? when i get hit after having a snare, it goes away...

Whitboog: i am a nice guy, but that was really frusterating and a terrible use of my very limited play time.

zeroframerate: it is a pvp exploit to debuff yourself to clear a root/snare. therefore you'd think its an exploit outside of pvp too. call me lazy but i cant point you to a specific link where FC says its an exploit.

my basic point here was that last night the amount of disconnects was unacceptable, so the suggestion is **upgrade servers**or**make lag more efficiently handled**.
    Cronoco

are you playing from europe (or some other place that depends on the transatlantic cables) ? if yes, there were announcements in the launcher..

hmm i didn't know if it made a difference but here:
    i'm in Western United States (California)
    using AT&T Cable Internet
    my whole team ld'ed it wasn't just me, so i dont think it was a problem on my side.
    Cronoco

hmm checked the launcher. guess the "lag and ping issues were resolved"...hmm maybe i should turn this into a generic "bump if you want the lag fixed in crowded places.....

also i was very dissapointed with the lack of flames in this thread...and no WhiteBoog's comment doesn't count.
    Cronoco

On players they do seem to break quicker, and if I snare something my team is pounding on, it breaks pretty fast, but...

Outside, I can take deep red bosses without them ever getting close enough to take a swing at me until they hit 10% HP (all snares break at 10% HP).
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

@ original poster : what word exactly you don't understand in the phrase 'Suggestions' ?
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Breaking root/snare while you aren't in a fight is legal. Breaking them while you're under attack is supposed to be illegal.
    Yagyu for life

You forget that doctors use most of their money on Nano rechargers.
    Not to mention that they generally suck at soloing, so making a few fast runs to scrape some money is not really an option.

Thus they do Team missions, which are generally really low on moneytary loots. So unless he/she is in a guild that gives him/her some money now and then, I can understand that Doctor being low on funds.

Now - That being said and all, my level 27 uses Relief from Pain, which is actually better than Field Dressings.
    Admittedly, she have been given quite a bit of Credits from her guildmates, but still.

Anyways, there are good Doctors and there are bad ones - Seems to me you were unlucky and met a bad one.

Stuff happens.
    Alex "Cado" Portello - Atrox Enforcer
    Lakisha "Sheelai" Thompon - Solitus Doctor
    Al "Asdur" Orender - Solitus Martial Artist

I have no nose .. I peeked on Ani while she took a shower!

Please take the original issue to the tech forums, and / or e-mail techsupport@anarchy-online.com.

Closing the thread, as this is not a game suggestion.