Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Mini-guide to the Dodga static mission. Don't read if you want to find out yourself.

WTF

I have spent countles hours doing this stupid quest and i am now only 1 item from completion, and what do i get? 1 token, thats bs hope this is not true!

[EDIT: Had nothing important to say after all...]
    Last edited by Domongier; Mar 14th, 2002 at 04:48:43.

Re: Only one token

Originally posted by EarlyFlash
    As of today, FC changed dodga to only give a single token..
    Were you getting messages stating that you already had the unqiue item? I think that they have made mission tokens UNIQUE items so it would be impossible for Alvin to give you more than one token.

Confused? I am

Further to my earlier post, I got only one token when I gave dodga the item - not the card.

I've yet to talk to dodga and give him the card, so I was talking out of turn.

Apologies for misleading

Cheers,

EF

I've talked to Alvin (instead of Dodga, as I'm Omni), given him the appropriate phrases, he responds as he's supposed to, but I've yet to get the mission icon. What am I doing wrong?

DOes anyone know what to do with Dodga's Card II?
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

Hey, here to add a little more sh!t to the fan: A couple days ago I completed the Dodga quest. My level 67 (at the time) fixer killed scoop- and shovelets in Danger Dunes just north of Wartron Valley, and gathered all eight pieces in about an hour. Not NEARLY as long as I had heard or thought it would take. After that, I headed up to the Rising Sun to check out the Dodga situation. When I got there someone was already camping the brain (hey Stokeley!), so I plunked my ass down to wait too.

About an hour after that, Dodga showed up, the first guy turned in his brain, and left for a couple hours. I stayed there to hold my spot in line for the brain, watched some TV, caught up on some forum stuff, chat a bit. Two hours later there were two card people there (one of whom was the first guy to turn in the brain), so I let them turn in their cards before I gave the brain to Dodga. He gave me the card and disappeared.

I left, did some shopping, sat around and chatted in the OC channel, then came back to turn in my card. Again, there was one brainer there and two carders, me and another person. Note that I didn't talk to Dodga to get a mission icon. When I turned in my card, he gave me the pads, the second Dodga card, and two tokens, one worth three (like a regular mission token based on my title level) and the second worth just one. I don't recall a money or XP reward, but it was so late at that point that I could have easily missed it.

Note also that this was Saturday (I think), and definately after the 13.92 patch.

The instructions I followed were posted on my guild's forum, which was a copy of the initial post in this thread. Thanks muchly for compiling the information, Melchoir!

Now all we need is more information on what to do with card #2. Any takers?

The one and (thankfully) only,

LafinJack

...what does the color blue taste like? bobo knows...

Well, the amount of time it takes varies alot. Sometimes it takes ages to get one items, and sometimes you get many in a row. Ah, the wonders of randomisation!

It's nice that people still post here. I will not update this post anymore, unless funcom removes the need to camp Dodga. I have no intention of wasting time there.

I have no idea of what to do with the Dodga Card II though.
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

I must have been one of the lucky ones.

Took me less than 30 minutes to collect all the parts. (Hunted Near Rome)

I only camped Alvin for about 20 minutes the first time.
    Logged out. (10pm CST)
    Logged back in 2 hours later and he was there.

Got my loot, logged out, went to bed.

No clue on what to do with the Alvin II card, except give it back to him.

So that's the plan when I get home from work... I'll update you guys if I find out anything.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Detonate
    No clue on what to do with the Alvin II card, except give it back to him.

So that's the plan when I get home from work... I'll update you guys if I find out anything.
    Thanks Det, good luck.
    Last edited by Evilspork; Jun 13th, 2002 at 16:35:24.
    Originally posted by Whaambulance
    Hi.

This is singlehandedly the stupidest post I have EVER read on these forums. Congradulations.
    'Balancing' Nanos Will Remain Imbalanced Vs. Old Nanos - Because We Said So!

O Gaute, Gaute! Wherefore art thou Gaute?
    Deny thy nerfs and refuse thy lame design decisions;
    Or, if thou wilt not, be but on the forums,
    And I'll no longer be a whiner.

Card II

As posted in another thread , I gave Alvin back his Card II . He talked something about the Trash King and his bunch . Now I don't remember if he said that the first time . He gave me back my card .

I think you have to put together stuff to make an item built from loot off the "big" robot mobs... like trash king, metalomania, nuts n bolts, etc...

Re: 24 dmg, yeah right

Originally posted by Strycker
    Good one, Cloudeh

Me and a couple of colleagues killed Best in Brass yesterday
    with the help of a friendly Captain. 24 dmg? Yeah, right.
    He was doing something like 300-850 melee damage and
    an aoe radiation attack of around 250-350 as I recall.

-Strycker, NT 101

Newb, they weakened him a while ago, he was weak.

I have all the items except one peice, ALL from best in brass, he dropped them all in order, one after the other, exploit? no, I just killed him everynight at the same time and took each part.

Thats my secret fewl.

You dont have to travel to all these places.

I never got a token for bringing back the brain (or whatever it is ) and only got 2 tokens for the card, one worth 3 (for me) the other one worth 1. This has changed with 13.92 i think. Not sure its intentionnal but anyway thats the way it is.

Alvin/dodga second quest is implemented on test. should be live with 14.0.

Would be interested to have more info on the boss quest
    Nikh
    RK2 Omni Martial Artist

Honorary Sensei of The Dojo - Omni School of Martial Arts
    Visit us at: http://thedojo.free.fr

Yes, you now get one normal token, and a bravery token. I'll change the guide to reflect that...
    *poof*

Finally free from this nightmare!

Has anyone returned Dodga's Card II yet?
    Jennii
    Unit Member - Storm
    Jenestria
    Gumpp
    Gridchik

"Only n00bs whine about twinks"

I did. And he gave it back.

So I gave it to him again and the punk ate it.

The chat said "You have done good work for me in the past, unfortunately I have no more work for you at this time. Check back later." or something to that effect.
    Veteran Homer "Detonate" McDuff - My Equipment
    -= First Order =-

First Order is one of the largest and most powerful Omni-Tek Departments located on Rubi-Ka 1. If you are a dedicated Omni-Tek employee looking for superior opportunities within the company, check out http://www.firstorder.net/ and apply for a position today!
    First Order is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on Breed, Level, or Profession.

WHY MMORPG'S SUCK!

Originally posted by Detonate
    I must have been one of the lucky ones.

Took me less than 30 minutes to collect all the parts. (Hunted Near Rome)

Where near rome???
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Cool

Ive seen a few people say that the mission reward is tiny and not worth bothering with. Ive finaly got the mission after finding a time when there wasnt a cue to see Dodga and according to the mission Icon I will get 20,000 cr and 20,000 xp which is about low/average credits and very good xp for a mission at lvl 64 Of course I havent completed yet so perhaps what I get isnt what is offered.

Re: Mini-guide to the Dodga static mission. Don't read if you want to find out yourself.

Originally posted by WGMelchior
    -WARNING-
    This quest takes a LONG time. And it's just killing, killing, killing during that time. If you can stand that, then please feel free to check out this guide.
    -END OF WARNING-

Hmm
    so far i have invested 1hr and i have aqquired, just by picking on level 15 mobbys

1. Su****ious Looking Parts of Biotechnology

2. Scrap of Notum

3. Microscopic Pulsating Nano Crystals

5. Liquid Based Conductors
    ~I am the Virtual Virus

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast