Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: RK2 Tarasque... (long)

Originally posted by Sbje

5) Make your soddin mind up every post you make your changing it, and now your inviting omnis to come. Rofl, you just better watch yourself.

LOL

I think you speak of my post to make a new business and hire omni to fill clanner team ?
    It is sad that you thought it was serious, it was only a joke.
    But i think if omni come again in camelot there will be no ****ty war in clan.

lachaude
    labrutte
    labonne

/petition please make tara loot available in shops!

This is getting unreal (as if it wasn't before). Sky, you and some others initiate this whole dmg team thing, then you're unhappy with how it turns out so you just up and quit? Thanks for the legacy you've left the rest of us. I can't believe you'd just cop out after all of the talk. Next time, why don't you try giving matters more than 2 seconds of thought before you up and make a rash decision that affects other players.

And as for envy and greed, well, lets not forget what started this whole thing. You and some others were unhappy that you weren't getting loot and that you 'weren't being heard', so you took matters into your own hands in order to secure loot for you and your friends. That is the epitome of greed.

If you doubt this, consider what you are taking away from other players. Is it such a horrible thing that a newb walks in and gets loot on his first roll? Well, it certainly doesn't sit well with the diehards, because they 'deserve' it so much more. But stop to consider what a great event it is for that newb, how amazing it must feel to win something so significant. Sounds to me like you were envious of that (for some reason, despite having just about all the tara loot you could need), and you got greedy.

By the way, did you honestly expect your friends to stand beside you after you basically robbed them?

You made the choice, deal with the consequences.

First off This has never been an issue about greed for me, It has never been an issue about me getting items either. I have told you what I thought before. As for my friends, They do still stand by me, maybe not you but everyone else has thus far. "Didn't turn out how I wanted it to"? Why because i didnt win everytime I went down there. Maybe if you read all previous posts you would see that I never said I would win everytime and said that I could care less about winning everytime. Its a matter of changing what needed changed. If thats what it must take for you to realize what is really behind all this then Ill go back to Tara. Been tossing around many ideas in my head the past few weeks and after last nights post Im finding more and more of my friends wanting me to keep going to Camelot and they want to go with me. Since this has always been about my friends in someways this may be the way to go. Guess you will just have to see If I pop up at the upcoming raids now.
    Skystryke -- 200 Trader RK2 Armor Setup(Updated)

Skytrox -- 200 Soldier RK2

" You Spawn em, We'll Camp em!"

Sky, you're contradicting yourself here. You say it's about friends. You say it's about changing things. Well, doing what you did changes things negatively for a lot of ppl that I thought you considered your friends. You said that you weren't going to go anymore because you were losing friends. Now you say the opposite. What I don't think you realize is that your actions have had negative consequences beyond whatever you may have foreseen when oyu made the decision to initiate dmg teams. Even if your motivations were just to 'shake things up', well there were certainly less harmful ways of doing it. You can't just cop out by starting this mess and then back off leaving others to pick up the pieces. That's what has me upset, not the intial decision to start dmg teams.

Seriously Thatone, if you take this game as seriously as you sound, you need to step outside the front door, its a game, we did a damage team after warning the whole of rk2, we then won loot and split it among ourselfs, feel free to have negative thoughts against us, but acting so serious and resorting to lame insults and comments.. is rather pethetic, and is a sign you should maybe visit outside your door once in a while.......

This game is Anarchy Online after all?
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

I sound serious because it is the best way to get what I am trying to say across.

And as far as my needing to spend less time in-game, well, I remember comparing birthdates for our characters during one wait for tara. Thatone was older than Sbje if I recall correctly, and yet you are the 200 soldier who spends all of his time in-game doing missions. Good try though.

Also, what comments would you consider lame and pathetic?

Was refferring to the tells ingame, and me doing missions effects me how? Getting to 200 isn't hard, if you have patience and hunt with teams you enjoy talking too, rather than those who just join a team.. dont say a word, then leave after mission..

The way you argue makes it sound as though its a major crime, yet it isn't, we're entitled to do that, sure you can object, but when it goes "so serious" as that, its.. too far..
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

<----- dances a Jig

*cough* healer for hire *cough*

/s the pumpkins . . . for the love of pete, please think of the pumpkins
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

1) what tells in-game?

2) You accuse me of spending too much time in the game and not enough in real life, so I pointed out that you most likely have spent more time than I have, given the lvl of your character (as lvl'ing takes nothing but time).

3) The way you make it sound, objecting to selfish actions is a major crime, yet it isn't, we're entitled to do that, sure you can make dmg teams and ruin a significant part of the game for many players, and when it goes "so serious" as that, its.. too far..

how about this NEW RULE STRICKLY INFORCED BY ME!!!!! I will squash you if you dont follow!

no teams last man standing gets loot heal yourself or die mwwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... no?

Ruin it? That hard to actually organize 6 good damage dealers?

I wasn't reffering to tells by you, I was reffering to other people ingame, the odd 1 or 2, who think they actually mean something, and resort to that, no worries, can take screenshots as I proved with Loxxie.

Objecting isn't a crime, but making it sound so serious, is pretty sad.

I didn't accuse you of having no life, I stated you was behaving as though this was so important, and meant everything in the world to you. So offered some advice.

Levelling takes no time, if you level away, its when you twink and actually play the game to be with your friends it does.
    Sbje RK2 Soldier
    Sbee RK2 MA

Alright, it's obviously pointless arguing with you, because you lack the ability to see beyond your own point of view to how this affects people who aren't you. Won't be posting here anymore. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Do we all see the irony here?

It seems to me that after battling to gain control of tara there was a group of players that basically got along with each other regardless of guild and things went very smoothly. This group of players was for the most part also very generous and fair. Additionally, because of the level of trust among these players, little effort was put into organizing kill teams to control the looting of Tara. With the exception of level limits and clan alignment no restrictions were put on participation in Tara raids and loot rolls. They did this despite the fact that they could have easily organized the best clan tank/dmg/heal teams on RK2 and split the loot only among themselves.

As a result, numerous people started showing up and participating in Tara raids. The more people that showed up the more complaining that occurred. Funny thing is most of the complaining was done by people who took no part in the battles to regain Tara and who contributed the least to the killing of Tara or organizing raids.

Then a self fulfilling prophecy began. Complaints about level limits resulted in an ever changing level requirement. This displeased the longer time regulars many of whom had yet to win a roll at Tara. At the same time accusations of loot swapping and ninja'd items (mostly by people who only recently joined in the raids) reached greater and greater levels, certain people, apparently motivated by these accusations, decided that they would ninja and loot swap. This ultimately led to this weeks actions (right or wrong, it doesn't matter).

These actions have resulted in bickering among the group of players who worked the hardest to gain control of Tara and put the most effort into organizing Tara raids. This is same group of players who could have rightfully owned all the T loot for the past couple of months, but were more generous and fair than to do so. Unfortunately this generousity and fairness seems to have created the environment in which many people who have put the least effort into gaining control of Tara or organizing raids do little but show up at raids complain and, if they are lucky, walk away with loot.

Obiviously, this is just my perception of the situation and the events leading up to it.
    Johnathgalt Rimor Clanner

wtb crusader chant

Succeeding at my job is like winning a pie eating contest where the prize is more pie.

but acting so serious and resorting to lame insults and comments.. is rather pethetic, and is a sign you should maybe visit outside your door once in a while.......

This game is Anarchy Online after all?
    Why do you act so innocent ? "It's just a game", you are the one ignoring people, you're the only one on your side I've never been able to reason with, you have made a lot of insults yourself, I tried talking to you in a reasonable way several times, but all I got were insults, I've buffed you and your alts a million times, then you come tell me you won't give me AT because I didn't buff you once (of which I'm not even aware because I was probably AFK), than you snap at me and say 3 times I call you a liar (about me not buffing me), which I never did. If lame insults and comments are pathetic ... then you know what you are, because that's the only thing I've ever heard from you in-game.

Originally posted by Johnathgalt
    Do we all see the irony here?

It seems to me that after battling to gain control of tara there was a group of players that basically got along with each other regardless of guild and things went very smoothly. This group of players was for the most part also very generous and fair. Additionally, because of the level of trust among these players, little effort was put into organizing kill teams to control the looting of Tara. With the exception of level limits and clan alignment no restrictions were put on participation in Tara raids and loot rolls. They did this despite the fact that they could have easily organized the best clan tank/dmg/heal teams on RK2 and split the loot only among themselves.

As a result, numerous people started showing up and participating in Tara raids. The more people that showed up the more complaining that occurred. Funny thing is most of the complaining was done by people who took no part in the battles to regain Tara and who contributed the least to the killing of Tara or organizing raids.

Then a self fulfilling prophecy began. Complaints about level limits resulted in an ever changing level requirement. This displeased the longer time regulars many of whom had yet to win a roll at Tara. At the same time accusations of loot swapping and ninja'd items (mostly by people who only recently joined in the raids) reached greater and greater levels, certain people, apparently motivated by these accusations, decided that they would ninja and loot swap. This ultimately led to this weeks actions (right or wrong, it doesn't matter).

These actions have resulted in bickering among the group of players who worked the hardest to gain control of Tara and put the most effort into organizing Tara raids. This is same group of players who could have rightfully owned all the T loot for the past couple of months, but were more generous and fair than to do so. Unfortunately this generousity and fairness seems to have created the environment in which many people who have put the least effort into gaining control of Tara or organizing raids do little but show up at raids complain and, if they are lucky, walk away with loot.

Obiviously, this is just my perception of the situation and the events leading up to it.
    Spot on johan !!! thats exactly what has happened.
    ->X<- Proud Advisor of Genesis->X<-
    220/23 Soldier Xscape ->X<- Xscapee Agent 220/22
    Xxdevisxx Engineer 216/15

AO satisfaction level :[████] Content :[]: Discontent

very nice post John

John summed it up wonderfully, gret post John.

omni

Well.... I got bored reading all the flames and such at about page 4ish so I skipped to the end here. Really if you want an omni presence there just send me a tell with what time tara is gonna spawn. Basically thats whats keeping me from going usually, it's that I have no idea when hes gonna spawn : p. I'll do my best to organize a little force together. Just send me a tell with when hes gonna spawn and I'll get ya at least a few omni there ^^.
    Hide your babies!! A trader is a coming!! Nerf us before we can get all your babies!!

TraderDoug

Current(and dream) Setup

Come Participate in my PvP tourney(rimor only)

And then hopefully a new working system will be introduced, and we'll have some fun in camelot fighting omnis.......
    with you excluded

SS

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast