Thread: Towers and server crash/reboot

Towers and server crash/reboot

What happens with all the towers you bought and build if/when a server crashes or reboots? Do they just disapear? If so its pretty bad.
    ~Lone

Talking On the bright side . . ..

Well, at least that would make it an even better money-sink!

/me ducks incoming flames

Arrow

Why would they do that? Even missions don't do that (repopulate sure, but not vanish). They'll be stored in the DB and reconstruced on server startup. Worst that could happen is that you've just about killed an enemy tower and *bang*, and when you get back its all back on full health.

Unless FC have *really* messed it up...

Nah, even they know they reboot their servers once a week...
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

Originally posted by Darkbane
    Why would they do that? Even missions don't do that (repopulate sure, but not vanish). They'll be stored in the DB and reconstruced on server startup. Worst that could happen is that you've just about killed an enemy tower and *bang*, and when you get back its all back on full health.

Unless FC have *really* messed it up...

Nah, even they know they reboot their servers once a week...
    Thats not really certain at all. Try drop an item on the floor and see if its there when servers gets back.
    ~Lone

Excellent test

Next time there is a scheduled server crash, i will whip out my virral egg and perform the test.
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Smile

Originally posted by Noer

Thats not really certain at all. Try drop an item on the floor and see if its there when servers gets back.
    Heh, true. But they don't get stored in the DB either. Nothing is permanent until its written to the DB (as people who've lost all sorts of stuff to server crashes know only too well...)
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper