Thread: Looking for a clan. Details inside.

Looking for a clan. Details inside.

I recently took up Funcoms offer of a free month after cancelling my account 4 months ago (I played both beta 4 and some time after release). Before leaving I was clan leader of a small group called Rubi-Ka's Hope, but unfortunatly the whole clan left and is non-existant today.

So I find myself in want of joining a new clan. First a small list of things that I look for in a clan:

- Mature players that focus on fun more than power.

- Many european based members (I live in Denmark)

- Focus on personality rather than level (I hate those exclusive "level 80+ only uberguilds")

- Encourages roleplaying. I dont mean enforce it, but simply encourage it.

- Preferably, you are on the clan side. But I am willing to switch sides if the there is an Omni guild that suits the other points.

These are not ultimate demands, but simply to give you an idea of what I am looking for.

What can I offer?

I am very active in supporting my clan and helping those that are less experienced than myself. I can support myself and wont ask for or expect handouts from higher level clanmates.

To celebrate my return to AO, I rolled up an enforcer and have leveled up to 14 so far. This is not a lot and it will be a long time before I hit level 100+, so thats why I need a clan that focuses on fun and friendship more than power.

I am 27 years old and an experienced MMORPG gamer (played all of AC, EQ, UO and DAoC). Mature, honest and a casual roleplayer who enjoys a good story as much as a good night of clan fun.

Send me a tell in game

My guild is almost all over 25 yrs old over half including guild leader are based in europe.....We aren't power hungry we are friends...And lastly we are all long time MMorg players who have this guild active in three games atm..

Read the charter on this link if the guild sounds interesting to you send me a msg .

http://www.houseofbane.acguilds.com/

We are active in AC, Daoc and AO

RK1
    Dmvworker

Looks great. Got a few questions, though...

I read your charter and it seems like your group might be a good match for me. Just got a few questions:

Are there a reasonable amount of europeans in the guild? I dont mind the US crowd or anything, just want to make sure there are people online who play when I do.

What side of the conflict are you on?

Also, the recruitment page says its a good idea to read the forums first to get to know the guild, but the AO forum is a private forum! So thats a bit hard to do

I would love to try hunting a bit with some of you if you have members around my level, just to see if we get along and to let them see if I am made of the right stuff. Feel free to send "Kexi" a tell or have some of your guildmates do so if they want to team up for a bit.

Live Free or Die

I would talk more but have to run (at work). If you have time take a look at our clan web site.

http://livefreeordieclan.tripod.com

no www.

Yes our ao forum is private

Due to the fact that this game has some PVP and undesirable types lurking boards

The Ao portion of the guild is probaly around 15 members guild total (all 3 games we are active in) about 70 active members....

I have to say that we don't have many your lvl with the exception of re-rolls (and there are a couple of them)

As far as european membership it is approx 50/50 of those in AO and for the most part those in House of Bane.

I would need to talk to you in game for a bit before I pass you the pw for the forum...Send me a tell as stated above.

Or better yet send Hamilton (Clan president) a tell and tell him DMV sent you for conversation and such...He will be on during your peak hours as will most of the others.

And the answer to what side of the conflict is Clan...from start to finish

Wanted to add that although we are small we are that way by choice...we are extremely helpfull and close knit but also very selective..Your post struck me as intelligent and well thought out so I responded if you are interested let me or Hamilton know
    Last edited by Dmv; Dec 28th, 2001 at 03:45:37.

Arrow Blade Corp.

Greetings, I represent Blade Corp. - leading mercenary corporation in the Galaxy. We match every single one of your requests, except for the one where you were talking about role-playing and stuff, I am afraid those terms are not familiar to me, do they come from old Terra? As for the side, choose whatever suits you most as we have Clan, Omni and Neutral divisions. In any case, you can find more information about our organization on this board in the official Blade Corp recruitment post, or in our HQ, located at www.bladecorp.com. Also, seeing your past experience and information you provided, some management opportuneties might be available to you in our company, but we would need more information from you to tell that for sure. That information is requested in our application, located in our HQ, address of which is provided above. Feel free to ask any questions.

OOC: As you can see we are very much a role-playing guild, with rather large numbers and mostly mature players (all leading member are, most others are as well). We are as well a group of casual players and care less for power, just want to have fun. You sound like a perfect candidate, so again please visit our website and/or recruitment post for more info and than let me know if you have any further questions or interested in joining. Whatever organization you choose to join, I wish you a bright future on Rubi-Ka .

PS: Lots of Europeans as well as wiered Americans that play in European times instead of sleeping .
    Major Shadowolf Marone
    Blade Corp
    "Leading mercenery organization in the Galaxy!"
    Position - CEO
    Rank - Major

Personal quote:
    "Your advertisement could be here"

Re: Looking for a clan. Details inside.

Originally posted by Kexi
    - Mature players that focus on fun more than power.

- Many european based members (I live in Denmark)

- Focus on personality rather than level (I hate those exclusive "level 80+ only uberguilds")

- Encourages roleplaying. I dont mean enforce it, but simply encourage it.

- Preferably, you are on the clan side. But I am willing to switch sides if the there is an Omni guild that suits the other points.

These are not ultimate demands, but simply to give you an idea of what I am looking for.
    Send me a tell if you still haven't joined a clan. I lead the Free Spirits of Rubi-Ka, and it sounds like you'd fit in quite well.
    We're a pretty new clan with only around 20 members currently. Of course this lets everyone, even the newest recruit, get a lot of influence in shaping the clan.

To be brutally honest, we don't care at all about levels. I once had to kick someone from the clan because he thought he should be a leader, just because he was higher lvl than me
    Currently we're all below lvl 50, simply because we want to have the clan established and having plenty of people around at our own level, before we start recruiting anyone around lvl 200 (Who probably wouldn't join anyway)

I live in Denmark too, and we've got plenty of other Europeans (surprisingly many from scandinavia, actually)

We don't put a lot of demands on our members, instead leaving it up to them to decide how much they want to participate. For the same reason, we're very relaxed about recruiting. Pretty much anyone can join if they want to, as long as we think they're nice people

Our clan structure is pretty simple too. When we get to know a new recruit (usually after a week or so), we promote him to advisor status. He is then just as much leader as me, and is allowed to recruit or kick members, and anything else leaders are supposed to do. Yep, this doesn't sound very organised, but the funny thing is, so far it's worked.

Everyone who's been promoted to advisor has taken a lot of interest in running the clan, and it's worked at least as efficiently as other clans where there is a big fixed hierachy of leaders, second-in-commands, and other more or less powerful positions within the clan.

We don't have a website yet, though we're working on it, but send me a tell (To Parakeet) if you want to know more, or just want togive us a try.