Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money sink (Funcom... This is mighty important)

Well, I may be fairly low level, but it's always struck me as odd that a lvl 1 pays the same amount for ammo that a lvl 200 does. (this was rather irksome a couple of patches ago when I wanted to use a bow but the then ridiculous cost for arrows made it a money losing proposition for my low level agent. Perhaps if ammo came in QLs and you needed to have your ammo >/= your weapon QL. Or, alternately, just make some uber expensive ammo that gives a bonus to attacks so high level chars will have something to spend money on (and make this a store only item).

And, as far as taxes go, if they want to implement something like that, they could make it a progressive tax that took a small percentage if you didn't have much credits, but took a progressively larger amount the more credits you have.

As a low level (45 Agent) char with no guild, I dislike the inflationary, ruinous economy which has priced everything but store bought items out of my reach. It took me many hours of mission sneaking just to earn enough credits to buy a full set of implants--there is no way I could ever buy anything decent from another player.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

I'm so tempted to tell a "back in MY day, sonny" story.

Ammo is annoying enough as is, don't make me check ten shops to find one selling ammo in a QL I can use. And if I had a QL 200 gun...boy, I'd go MA for sure.

I don't want ammo to be hard to find...if they do implement an ammo QL, I'd want them to make the different QLs to be as easy to find as regular ammo is now (i.e. selling QL 200 ammo in a regular store). But, yeah, it would really suck if they implemented ammo QLs but smurfed up and made higher QLs hard to find. I suppose I should have been more specific.
    Guide to Teaming With Docs! is the funniest post ever. | "Engie Got Bot" song spoof
    AO chat log of Titanic sinking is the second funniest post ever

No matter how many levels I gain, the Lag Monster is always red to me.

Currently playing The Secret World.

money sink -> whores, booze, and drugs. we already have guns.

I like the thread-starter's idea =D
    -Stexer 'n Sterex

I am adored

Support the addition of non-level-restricted dueling

Type KSA -
    Killer 93%
    Socializer 40%
    Achiever 33%
    Explorer 33%

I'd like to see more trade-related money sinks. Like sure maybe you find a gun in a mission, but to make it into a powerful gun that you really want to use perhaps you have to buy 5 million credits worth of parts to hook onto it. Simple. You didn't just buy the item at the store, but it still ate up a lot of money. Make non-upgraded weapons do only maybe 75% as much damage so that people will really want to have an upgraded gun, but if they don't they can still kill stuff with "free" equipment just its slower and harder. For class speciific weapons, make it so that the trade requirements to assemble them are in line with the trade-skill ability of that class. Engineers and traders have high trade-skill ability so they should need high trade skills to build their weapons, but enforcer weapons should take relatively little so they are easy to build even if the enforcer has to put points into his own trade skills to do it.

Ok, as for the original poster's idea: No good. What good is a game where you just buy everything?

"Hey look, Funcom just came out with the Home Shopping Channel Game. We just buy anything we want and never go anywhere to do anything!"

Can you say "BORING." Obviously the big problem is that it is too easy to get money. Some have said this is due to the exploiters. I'm new, but I don't think that sounds likely. Many people here have stated that they can make millions per day easily. It sure sounds like the real problem is that it is too easy to make money in AO.

So the obvious solution is to lower the selling price for items you sell at the shops, and reduce the amount of cash you get for missions.

If there is too much cash, stop handing it out. It takes awhile, but the problem fixes itself pretty soon.

Any money sink that FC makes just gives exploiters more advantage they can buy, and once again makes honest players the weaker. Face it, FC dropped the ball and now we all have to deal with it.
    Doncaballero - 209 Enforcer, General of HYDRA

"Shut the f*** up, Donnie, you're out of your element!!" - Walter Sobchak

Re: I give up

Originally posted by Holinor

I am beginning to understand WHY nothing changes to the better in this game, in the 16 months I have played. So far I have seen no one support my idea of working shops in game, and stop missions as the only valid way to get equipment. Not a single one thinks it is a good idea, instead you write down ideas you come up with yourself on the spur of the moment. Not better, not in any way helping anyone, but its not important if we get a change right, its more important that YOU say something?

Thank you for supporting it.
    But why would i spend money on something i could get in mission (+ a money reward) ?
    - to gain time ? i have plenty of time
    - to spend money ? i need money to buy uber stuff
    - to make u happy? u just seem angry (could be thou

Your idea has just no point and would make buying ammo harder cause u have to go through thousand of weapons....

Lightbulb Good Ideas

The ammo idea is good.

ql 1 ammo for ql 1-50 gunns 1xCreds
    ql 50 ammo for ql 1-100 gunns 5xCreds
    ql100 ammo for ql 1-150 gunns 10xCreds
    ql150 ammo for ql 1-200 gunns 15xCreds

Tax? maby not a tax but a rent for using the bank and other useful luxury...

More tradeskill usable uppgradings of equipment Yes.

How about a shop that held the items players sell for so and so long a time, so that another player could buy it, but the player selling the item only reseaving money after somebody buying the item in question...
    The + must be that u could sell basic items for a higher price than in normal shopps.
    And the downs that if the item was not sold to a player it got sold to the "goverment" for re-use and you not reseaving anything extra for it. and maby the buyer of a player sold item hadd to pay lets say 25% tax on the item..

Items getting sold for re-use in 24hours..

I think there is a "bot" for trade in game but I don't remember, it should be grafical like the normal shopps!
    And the shopps should have more ql-items, maby even have the player type inn the ql he wants and he gets it...But for a prize!
    Last edited by MultiMix; Nov 15th, 2002 at 07:21:17.

I want some breat implants and a social wear tab as money sinks....
    . : Oldskule - 87 Martial Artist RK1 Kung Fu Fighter! : .

. : Ternak - 112 Soldier RK1 *Dead* : .

. : Jenerik - 8 Enforcer RK1 Just another generic Enforcer : .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12