Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forums Closing

Forums Closing

https://forums.anarchy-online.com/an...t.php?f=&a=315

maybe don't announce you're going to close the current forums until you've ... y'know... added an AO section to the forums you want us to move to? did you guys spend even 30 seconds thinking about this? or is this your not-so-subtle hint that we're not welcome here anymore? https://imgur.com/a/HSpXJAd

also, gj not bothering to even take the 10 nanoseconds necessary to proofread your post and realize you didn't hyperlink correctly. this is honestly just offensive at this point.
    Last edited by Lazy; May 1st, 2018 at 21:51:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    https://forums.anarchy-online.com/an...t.php?f=&a=315

maybe don't announce you're going to close the current forums until you've ... y'know... added an AO section to the forums you want us to move to? did you guys spend even 30 seconds thinking about this? or is this your not-so-subtle hint that we're not welcome here anymore? https://imgur.com/a/HSpXJAd

also, gj not bothering to even take the 10 nanoseconds necessary to proofread your post and realize you didn't hyperlink correctly. this is honestly just offensive at this point.
    The new forums exist and will be activated for everyone on time. Put down the pitch forks and riot gear.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    The new forums exist and will be activated for everyone on time. Put down the pitch forks and riot gear.
    Oh gawd, the idea of a nekkid Lazy fills me with utter dread. Please, PLEASE let him continue with the riot gear...For the love of my eyes...

..My eyes!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Since the beginning of time every change / upgrade is for the worse ... without an exception ...
    Will there be a dev on the AO forums ?
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

there was a buy one get one free sale over at the pitchfork emporium. wtf am i supposed to do with all these now?

-----E
    -----E
    -----E
    -----E

End of the world party!

But what about my postcount?!
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    Since the beginning of time every change / upgrade is for the worse ... without an exception ...
    Will there be a dev on the AO forums ?
    There was a dev on these forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaablam View Post
    There was a dev on these forums?
    This never happened.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

still staying "c"sharp V ?

RIP AO and the forum. High prio at Funcom clearly..
    Last edited by ByLogic; May 2nd, 2018 at 13:59:33.

Funcom discovered that they could make money if they make forum access not free as they are more people posting in forum than playing ingame on daily base. Now you will have to pay a subscription of only 9e per month to get access of AO forum. \o/ FC!
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

I would pay subscripon if the game client would work.

[12:49 PM] AndyB (Odonoptera): My CEO asked me to make one
    [12:49 PM] AndyB (Odonoptera): So I made one

FC rep, when questioned on his logic behind this trainwreck of a decision...

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    [12:49 PM] AndyB (Odonoptera): My CEO asked me to make one
    [12:49 PM] AndyB (Odonoptera): So I made one

FC rep, when questioned on his logic behind this trainwreck of a decision...
    to be clear, Andy was asked about the forum section for The Longest Journey. And this was his response regarding that question. This response had nothing to do with AO's forums, which were already in line to be included. Just think of it as them wanting to be sure everything was working correctly with this before adding the best for last.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

Is this due to GDPR and the need to only monitor / offer protection for one forum?
    If this forum is pending sunset, will it's data be relocated or destroyed?
    Will current knowledge and posts be transitioned?
    Will you allow for an archive to be downloaded with current knowledge?
    Can the community download an archive themselves and distribute ?( Wget )
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Created a new account-- even got to keep this user name. It surprised the hell out of me when I originally got it. Y'all might remember back in the day that it didn't matter how much you thought the name was unique or esoteric, somebody else already had it! I wanted something easy to remember so yay!

Annarina, will the new forum have the same character count cap per post as here? (which iirc is 25k)

There seems to be no Anarchy Online section on the new forums, is that coming or is it not even a consideration ?
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    Is this due to GDPR and the need to only monitor / offer protection for one forum?
    Our current forum will be archived to a yet to be decided url. It will be fully accessible to everyone, except you can't post in it. Just like we have an archived forum in our current one. Don't quote me, but I think they will archive our already archived forum, inside of our current forum which is to be archived. Forumception. Yes, makes me dizzy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    There seems to be no Anarchy Online section on the new forums, is that coming or is it not even a consideration ?
    Yesterday, it was stated that it might take a couple of weeks until the new forum is up and running. As for the source of all this info? Talking with Andy and SG on discord.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

You guys not moved to Discord yet? Much better..

Well, they really should have had the AO forum section activated by this point so ppl going over there to register would see it in the list along with the newer games. Just telling ppl it will appear in time doesn't inspire much confidence.
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    Yes, much of it is due to the GDPR.

The forum will be archived and accessible, and some information we are transferring over between now and the closing of this forum. We're working on doing that now.

These two questions I can't answer for you.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast