Thread: Since may 2 2018's patch to fix exploits, I can't launch the game no more

Since may 2 2018's patch to fix exploits, I can't launch the game no more

Since may 2 2018's patch to fix exploits, I can't launch the game no more.

It does Checking 1/47 then returns to EULA, I click I accept, it does 1/47 and returns to EULA, in an infinite loop.

How do I fix this botched patch ? Running as admin or going in the folder to try the different .exe does the same thing. Also shutting down pc and rebooting changes nothing, and disabling UAC also changes nothing.
    cry me a river

Maybe that is the intention ? 100% fix

Best patch so far. Can't login in nomatter what you do
    Last edited by ByLogic; May 2nd, 2018 at 21:56:10.

Awesome... get past the EULA, need to patch... Current Status: ERROR: Could not open ResourceDatabase

Can't play anymore until FC fixes their s**t
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Maybe your anti-virus / firewall / write protection is doing something ...
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

I turned off anti virus, firewall and clicked run as admin on every .exe in the ao folder...

now when I try to open the game it says ''Windows cannot find "'D:\funcom\Anarchy'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

which is weird since it is the correct path to Anarchy.exe .... and that Anarchy.exe is exactly in D funcom anarchy

i also went on anarchy online website, downloaded last patch manually, tried to install it, it says AO is already running (???) then the next pop up wnidow says your game is already to the latest version.

basicly now the only thing that happens when i click on anarchy online is this error message, i can't even get to the launcher ( the thing where you chose resolution and you click on patch or play )
    cry me a river

Alright guys, I backed up my pref folder and i uninstalled/reinstalled the game completly.

It worked, I can play again!

I guess I was the unlucky one this time, thanks for your concerns, closing this thread
    cry me a river

How many is going to bother to download and reinstall everything again? People barley bother to login. This will impact.

My advice is to give somthing back to the players, like 50% sub fee for 1 month or some content update/event just something + for the paying custemors.

I patched and had no issues.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alternity View Post
    I patched and had no issues.
    Maybe because you used steam client. Thought others have issue. I had same bug happen on 4 computers

Patched fine here on beta engine
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

New and old engine, patched 3 different instances of AO no issues.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I am very glad to hear the patch worked as intended for so many of you. Even my wife Kerratha's ****ty 150$ computer patched instantly and without any issue.

However, since there are no skills or technical knowledge involved in clicking "Patch" and then clicking "Yes" or "No" at the question to make a backup or not, we are forced to conclude that the question of patching working or not is completly out of the hands of the user, thus meaning that anyone saying something along the lines of ''it's all in your head, it works on mine so it must mean you clicked wrong on the patch button'', would only be a mere reflection of the fact that this person would not even had done the simple mental exercise of determining if clicking on "Patch" involved any skills at all in the first place.

We can, however, have a nice adventure imagining things that could have went wrong when the patcher tries to execute the loop but immediatly returns to the start of the loop no matter the input. There are many ways for that to happen, but usually you put enough ''ifs'' in your loop to protect the program against being stuck in such a loop; hence why i used the term ''botched patch'', meaning that even though I have no ill feelings towards who (if any) works at Anarchy Online, clearly a simple mistake was done in the patch that made my patcher specifically get that infinite loop paradox.

We could speculate again on my hardware, but just like with software speculation, only the people who got access to the code will have the slightest idea of what little "if" they forgot in their program or what other completly different thing it could have been, like screwing with one of my game files pretty bad for some other rare reason.

Or maybe, just maybe, I drank so much prune juice and i shat all over my pc while i was patching and downloading a ton of gigabytes of pRoN; nobody will ever know or care, but like I said, this thread at this point is like Shrodinger's cat, we will only know if its dead once we look into it, wait what?

if (Prunejuice > 0)
    {
    std::cout >> "I'm a WARRIOR!";
    }
    else {std::cout >> "Will work for prunes";}
    cry me a river

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Awesome... get past the EULA, need to patch... Current Status: ERROR: Could not open ResourceDatabase

I got the same error. My issue was that Item Assistant was running in the background. So if you had IA up, try closing it and then patch AO.

edit: This was with the new engine
    Last edited by Zqagent; May 3rd, 2018 at 18:54:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldierdedje View Post
    I am very glad to hear the patch worked as intended for so many of you. Even my wife Kerratha's ****ty 150$ computer patched instantly and without any issue.

However, since there are no skills or technical knowledge involved in clicking "Patch" and then clicking "Yes" or "No" at the question to make a backup or not, we are forced to conclude that the question of patching working or not is completly out of the hands of the user, thus meaning that anyone saying something along the lines of ''it's all in your head, it works on mine so it must mean you clicked wrong on the patch button'', would only be a mere reflection of the fact that this person would not even had done the simple mental exercise of determining if clicking on "Patch" involved any skills at all in the first place.

We can, however, have a nice adventure imagining things that could have went wrong when the patcher tries to execute the loop but immediatly returns to the start of the loop no matter the input. There are many ways for that to happen, but usually you put enough ''ifs'' in your loop to protect the program against being stuck in such a loop; hence why i used the term ''botched patch'', meaning that even though I have no ill feelings towards who (if any) works at Anarchy Online, clearly a simple mistake was done in the patch that made my patcher specifically get that infinite loop paradox.

We could speculate again on my hardware, but just like with software speculation, only the people who got access to the code will have the slightest idea of what little "if" they forgot in their program or what other completly different thing it could have been, like screwing with one of my game files pretty bad for some other rare reason.

Or maybe, just maybe, I drank so much prune juice and i shat all over my pc while i was patching and downloading a ton of gigabytes of pRoN; nobody will ever know or care, but like I said, this thread at this point is like Shrodinger's cat, we will only know if its dead once we look into it, wait what?

if (Prunejuice > 0)
    {
    std::cout >> "I'm a WARRIOR!";
    }
    else {std::cout >> "Will work for prunes";}
    I think you'll find people saying "patched fine here" are commenting so that anyone; checking the threads for bugs after the server changes, will have a broader view of the issue.

If you would like any help can you.

Specify which AO client is being used.
    Offer system specs. CPU/GPU/RAM/MB generation and chipset.
    Software enviroment
    Any programs running in the background, including windows services.
    DX version
    Internet connection type and speed.

One "working" fix seems to be re-adding the AO client anarchyonline.exe to the nvida/AMD driver set. (See below)
    Old client :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULQeBDvRzE8
    New client :- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYTZXoH59uo
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post

I tried patching 5 times and it was giving me that error. I left it for 30 minutes, came back to attempt and it worked just fine.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

clearly they mange to fix the patcher. ;P

So AO is being developed to close up rampant exploits?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Try to close aoia if you get problems with ResourceDatabase

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    Maybe because you used steam client. Thought others have issue. I had same bug happen on 4 computers
    I might be crazy, but I am not steam client crazy. I'll try and patch on my second computer
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    clearly they mange to fix the patcher. ;P
    this..