Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worth coming back?

Thanks.

AO looks pretty dead tho. I can't find a team for anything.

Its not dead, teaming is not really a thing in AO, its more raid based. Join an active guild, ask polite for some one to team up with you and it shouldent be an issue, cause of the amount of ppl online.

Quote Originally Posted by ByLogic View Post
    strange it didn't matter when it didn't exist in AO (most of AO's life time)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7qQ6_RV4VQ

Heh, good one.

The thing is that any mmo game that reached the point where it requires you to depend on a clan/guild/org do to stuff, is pretty much dead.

You might not like it, but it's the truth.

LFT used to be stacked with people. Now, on a thursday evening, there was only ONE person LFT in the 160-220 range.

So... wtf are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxxxx View Post
    Heh, good one.

The thing is that any mmo game that reached the point where it requires you to depend on a clan/guild/org do to stuff, is pretty much dead.

You might not like it, but it's the truth.

LFT used to be stacked with people. Now, on a thursday evening, there was only ONE person LFT in the 160-220 range.

So... wtf are you talking about?
    You could say the same thing about World of Warcraft and other mmos to, finding teams is pretty hard now days, ppl go for raid or solo missions. What is changed is ppl mental lazyness. I heared this "ao is dead" for so many years its getting ridiculous. Also many player's thinks AO is a game where you max our character.

Any idea where the duelers are hiding? Been logging onto a froob toon every now and then. Havent seen a single tl7 duel been done in all the times i have logged on. No one in bs area/bore/trade/oa
    Grrrl 220/30/70 Martial artist
    Grrrleng 220/30/70 Engineer

Plenty at borealis and ICC is also crowed with ppl, just login in you can see this for you self.

Plenty at borealis and ICC is also crowed with ppl, just login in you can see this for you self.
    I have, and I resubbed.
    I even checked the more active org's spots and they're deserted.
    You know something is bad when there is no Paradise member at TG,a whole day, for example.

Battlestation is empty, LFT is empty, i've seen absolutely nobody duel, and I've been online at least 14h/day in the last 3 days, looking for people to do S42 with. Borealis is empty, just some afk-ers at the grid.

No idea where you get this, so please show us some proof of AO's flourishing population.

The concept of being "dead" has become more real over the years. Today, it's "more dead" than it used to be.

The fact that you don't want to accept it, it's strictly your problem, but you gotta admit that the population is waay less than it was 2-3 years ago.

strange what is dead to you, is alive to me.. i just did a duel at borealis. Not sure what server your on? :P i think your trolling tbh.. yeah battlestation is kinda semi empty now days, but not dead.. Paradise is the only org now days ? :P do some research i gave you a good tip where to find..its there and not dead.

i have seen people, but they are all afk, also none of the tl7 people i have seen the last times have pvp scores that look anything like active pvpers.

wait wait wait.. you see people but the game is dead? I think you looking for something specific and you cant find it the second you log in to the game? No games work like that.

you seem to forget that most of em are just sitting there being afk. i have logged on at many different hours, looked at several places, i have not yet seen a tl7 duel take place. A few years back i'd have no trouble finding duels or people to gank in borealis. the fact that theres no people dueling makes it pointless to return. i have close to 5k duels, 11k solo kills and around 8k team kills on my ma. pvp is the only reason i played this game for so long, so returning to a game where theres none of it going on makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by Occamsrazor; Jan 12th, 2018 at 15:00:04.

I just logged in to world of wacraft i whent outside stormwind where ppl use to duel. and Ironforge. Area was totally empty, i tryed 4 different realems all dead.. So i guess then Wow is dead to..

Just because you login dosen't mean every one is standing ready to DO just what YOU want to do. Ohh nobody wants to duel with me, the game is dead, nobody wants to team up for InnerSanctum the game is dead...etc etc.

Theres like 3-4 threads like this with the same trolling over and over.. for year after year.. The game is dead etc..

Its never been this bad though. If theres no people dueling or pvping at any of the usual places, where excactly are the players? Are all the remaining players just doing pvm? What im trying to say is that i cant find people pvping. Also you cannot really compare wow to ao, because theres arena pvp as well as battlegrounds, different places to find pvp. Whats left in ao once the duels/ganking is gone is just bs. Which is the one thing i cannot check if its active on a low level froob toon.

You can't just login in and think that is the how it is most of the time. Most ppl work at day time. Some are at US time zone..
    People need sleep to,, some are on holyday etc. Theres nothing bad..its just ppl

You cant massure ao by a froob account lol,

Yes, but i dont feel like reactivating, to spend lots of time fixing prefs, to then spend even more time doing lots of boring pvm just to stand afk in bore once i have all items again... as i mentioned earlier i have logged on during the day, several times at the evening during eu-primetime, i have even logged on at night, theres still no visible pvp going on...

lol
    Look ByLogic, I'm sure that you're intentions are all good, but nobody is trolling here.

Why won't you accept the fact that the population is way way lower than 2-3 years ago? It's just facts.

low population and dead game is 2 different things, what your saying is just not right.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast