Thread: Poll

Poll

So the "official Poll has ended on facebook" what now?
    For a while silence or does you guys care to explain whats going to happen?

I suspect when they do announce what the new server is that the people hoping it's completely fresh with everyone starting at level 1 will not be pleased.

Depends if they wipe RK5 and with it everyone's work over the years, or open a fresh RK6(?). If the former, yeah "not be pleased" is an understatement.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Depends if they wipe RK5 and with it everyone's work over the years, or open a fresh RK6(?). If the former, yeah "not be pleased" is an understatement.
    There is 100000% not a chance on earth they are going to wipe the current server in order to restart everyone's progress. I'm not sure where people are getting this from (I suspect the misinformation being passed around on the poll comments is the main reason.)

Quote Originally Posted by Spyvsspy View Post
    I suspect when they do announce what the new server is that the people hoping it's completely fresh with everyone starting at level 1 will not be pleased.
    I think people expecting them to have expansions shut off or gameplay features majorly changed may be disappointed. If the idea is to make a new server that is the same version/expansion-wise as the current one, but one where there are no transfers available and everyone has to start over, I don't see why that would be out of the realm of possibility. It's probably quite easy to turn one of the old servers back on.
    220! Bureaucrat - I finally did it, get the camera mom!
    95 Fixer
    40 Adventurer (I WILL BE A DRAGON SOMEDAY)

When small mice are screaming. I put on tinfoil fake news hat. (it also protects from insane illusions some people posses)
    Last edited by ByLogic; Dec 28th, 2017 at 13:43:34.

FC are talking about migrating the current server data to a newer one, newer hardware newer net code, basically newer everything; and that is it. A fresh shiny new server for the current game to run on.

I've seen people misquote the poll ADDING the word "START" to it; in order to try and prove their misguided assumption is correct.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    FC are talking about migrating the current server data to a newer one, newer hardware newer net code, basically newer everything; and that is it. A fresh shiny new server for the current game to run on.

I've seen people misquote the poll ADDING the word "START" to it; in order to try and prove their misguided assumption is correct.
    While you're right that it doesn't say "Start", their wording isn't exactly as clear as you make it out to be.

Directly from the poll:

"Would you be interested in a fresh server for Anarchy Online?"

This could mean new hardware, but it could also mean a server where you start fresh. Without clarification from Funcom, I personally take it as a fresh start server as that seems much more in-line with a game they haven't spent money on in years. Cheaper to start a new server using hardware they already have than to upgrade to new hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    While you're right that it doesn't say "Start", their wording isn't exactly as clear as you make it out to be.

Directly from the poll:

"Would you be interested in a fresh server for Anarchy Online?"

This could mean new hardware, but it could also mean a server where you start fresh. Without clarification from Funcom, I personally take it as a fresh start server as that seems much more in-line with a game they haven't spent money on in years. Cheaper to start a new server using hardware they already have than to upgrade to new hardware.
    I agree with this. Nothing in their wording makes me think that they are migrating current data to a new server. The wording makes it sound like a fresh "lets begin from nothing" server. Which would make sense considering how wacked the economy of the game currently is.

I'm game for this, I'd be back in a heartbeat if a new fresh server opened up.
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

I dont see the problem with the current economy. If 15 years of Ao play work gets wiped i never return to this game with any of my accounts. Ao is a game where getting things take time and work. If funcom wiping the db servers i don't think any paying customers will return and AO will die a quick permanent death.. Better to support what is already here..

So its highly unliky that funcome would do such a thing, to go kill there customers. Just think about all the money people have payed over the years getting things with subscription, and then to find out that all there work get wiped?.. It's a self-shot.

Problem with economy? how? So yeah things cost more now days, but you also sell things for higher price.
    Last edited by ByLogic; Dec 30th, 2017 at 00:35:59.

What was the facebook poll about?
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

wether we want a new server or not, didnt really get why there would be an official poll on facebook tho.

id rather wud had it on Steam or forums maybe even mail notifications to all players

Quote Originally Posted by Akaceo View Post
    There is 100000% not a chance on earth they are going to wipe the current server in order to restart everyone's progress. I'm not sure where people are getting this from (I suspect the misinformation being passed around on the poll comments is the main reason.)
    You say that but Secret World: Legends did just do exactly that in 2017. SWL is a total wipe of TSW. All characters and progress are gone. You can transfer over a few cosmetics to one character and that's it.

So my comment was based on FC's own recent actions. The poll wording is ambiguous.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

SWL was a kind of relaunch, though, with new mechanics and everything, so it makes sense because some things may no longer have been possible after the changes. I'm highly skeptical of them making any changes at all to AO, so a wipe wouldn't really be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    All characters and progress are gone.
    Nope, SWL exists completely separate from TSW which continues to exist as before, only with a population expressable in two digits (or, most of the time, one digit).

Edit : except they don't turn on the events in TSW anymore (Halloween & christmas so far).
    Last edited by Bendaar; Jan 7th, 2018 at 15:32:36. Reason: events
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.