Thread: just sayin'...

just sayin'...

petitioned for lost item on Saturday night 10:30pm EST, and was resolved by 11:40pm EST...+1 for the effort. handled by GM Rooibos(?)
    Last edited by RedWatr; Nov 13th, 2017 at 02:05:34.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    petitioned for lost item on Saturday night 10:30pm EST, and was resolved by 11:40pm EST...+1 for the effort. handled by GM Roobius(?)
    Hah thats actually pretty good even in 2008 AO terms
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    handled by GM Roobius(?)
    Rooibos, like the tea from South Africa (although he's not from SA, just likes tea).

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Rooibos is/was one of my favourite GM's, solid dude, always takes time to listen to your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Rooibos is/was one of my favourite GM's, solid dude, always takes time to listen to your problem.
    we need more like him.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Agreed. Nice dude.
    [Vicinity] Hilfy: Expecting?
    [Vicinity] Redtricks: Pregnant? No.

Vote 1 GM Roobius for President

Rooibos is solid, Also Shaogens & Nossos.
    Montez - 220/30 - Engi | Killpop - 220/30 - Engi

how do you have a favourite gm? how do you even know the gms by name? do you petition just to chat or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    how do you have a favourite gm? how do you even know the gms by name? do you petition just to chat or something?
    I have not petitioned just to chat.

But I recall there was one time where two treatment pistols went into a "ghost inventory" and some cracker ARK was trying to figure it out, and called in the big guns Rooibos, and GM rooibos took over, and took him 3 hours-ish to sort it out.

He helped me retrieve them, after multiple log-off/on and GM taking control of char, etc. etc.

The problem was that the guns belonged to someone else, so I felt personally responsible for them. GM rooibos solved the problem and I always remembered not only the professionalism, but also that he was legitimately frustrated, because he'd never seen a 'ghost inventory' before so it was a new problem for him.

I don't know how the ghost inventory occurred, but the char that I kept the guns on was a froob, and this char seemed to always lose stuff. The problem, I suspect, was that extra slots in the inventory show up on occasion after zoning, or on log off/on or a timeout, then the inventory opens and you see the extra slots but you can't put anything into them, then you resize the inventory after putting some items into bags, etc.

The problem is that if you zone with an item in the slot that would not normally be there, it kinda goes into an inventory purgatory, or ghost inventory... I guess.

Whatever... I lost two sets of 150 treatment pistols. One set was recovered, the other was not. I also lost a set of 5x 250/251 stam/str NCU's that I used back in 2011 or something when I was the first person to legitimately twink 300 ofab on my 170 keeper, those went missing as well.

Then there is a whack of less important items that have gone missing over the years, but those are the ones that stand out (memory favors the hardest/most expensive losses)

GM saved one set of 150 treatment pistols, and I'll always remember that.

Interesting

GM saved one set of 150 treatment pistols, and I'll always remember that.
    (above quote heavily edited for brevity)

Well, that's an interesting story, and I'm intrigued by the pistols. I assume you mean that the pistols were Q150, and not that they added 150 Treatment?

I'm recently returned after a loooong absence, and I find that I have forgotten much of what I once knew about this game. It's embarrassing, frankly. And I often find myself wondering whether things have changed, or if I'm just mis-remembering. One good example of this is jumping off the edge of SL and landing on RK. There was once a place I jumped off the edge of SL to land close to Medusa area in EFP, (where we used to summon Tchu), which was considerably easier than flying there from 20K
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Quote Originally Posted by Hildegaard View Post
    ...There was once a place I jumped off the edge of SL to land close to Medusa area in EFP, (where we used to summon Tchu), which was considerably easier than flying there from 20K
    Jump from the Northern part of Inferno.
    Fya "Hilfy" Hill - Clan MA, RMR Ltd Security Officer :: Council of Truth's liaison to the ICC
    “The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness.”

AO Roleplay: A New & Returning Player’s RP Info Sheet | All-in-One | IC Connections & Contacts

Quote Originally Posted by Hilfy View Post
    Jump from the Northern part of Inferno.
    Yes! Easiest way for Omni is exit Inferno Garden at Inferno Barracks, run down hill, and jump off edge.
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

But I recall there was one time where two treatment pistols went into a "ghost inventory" and some cracker ARK was trying to figure it out, and called in the big guns Rooibos, and GM rooibos took over, and took him 3 hours-ish to sort it out.
    Noting for the record that us "cracker ARKs" no longer do petitions, and haven't for some years...

The problem wasn't that he couldn't figure it out, the problem was that ARK abilities were limited for security reasons for you players. There were things we could do as low levels ARKs, more things we could do as high level ARKs, but stuff that required what you describe... logging into an actual account and stuff... was reserved for the GMs for very obvious and sensible reasons.

I have my own favorite GMs, Ghyx comes to mind...Also one who was an awesome guy back when I was a baby ARK still doing greets. He was awesome with the ARKs, and I have some great memories of him dropping in to assist with my greets every so often. I can't remember his name, though, aside from it starting with an A. I'll probably remember it later.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    Noting for the record that us "cracker ARKs" no longer do petitions, and haven't for some years...

The problem wasn't that he couldn't figure it out, the problem was that ARK abilities were limited for security reasons for you players. There were things we could do as low levels ARKs, more things we could do as high level ARKs, but stuff that required what you describe... logging into an actual account and stuff... was reserved for the GMs for very obvious and sensible reasons.

I have my own favorite GMs, Ghyx comes to mind...Also one who was an awesome guy back when I was a baby ARK still doing greets. He was awesome with the ARKs, and I have some great memories of him dropping in to assist with my greets every so often. I can't remember his name, though, aside from it starting with an A. I'll probably remember it later.
    I know the ARK's did provide volunteer services, and that was generally doing everyone a solid. I just meant that he was ineffective. I probably could have worded it better. Apologies to ARK's.

Sirsalad was a top GM too.... I always breathed a sigh of relief when I saw his name pop up to answer my issue