Thread: NT Basic Solo Play

NT Basic Solo Play

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if anyone is still around to answer these kinds of questions, but figured I'd try regardless.

I like to level my toons with a fair bit of self-sufficiency, mostly soloing alien and normal dailies, Doja chips, the Reck quests at level 125+, and SL missions TL6+.

Will I be disappointed if I invest much time in my fledgling NT? I'm really interested in the profession but my game time is broken up these days, so long team sessions are not usually an option. I wouldn't expect my NT to be a solo god by any means, but I do like a basic amount of soloability with a class. As long as I can do some standard stuff without hitting reclaim a majority of the time, I'll probably give it a proper try.

Thank you!

Bonus question: Is Survival as a solitus or Dreadloch Endurance Booster as a nanomage more useful for PVM on an nt? Survival has a shorter recharge and heals for more than the Booster absorbs, but takes up 10 AI perks. It also isn't available until 207, while I think the Booster can be used at 201.

NT's are brilliant solo or in teams. Complete lvl 1-through - 220/30/80 Let's build series.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD8O...ojl2_nxcFj0upi

Also you will need to learn to kite, it does become quite good fun once you get it down.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Of course someone is still around to answer these questions!

Over the past few years, we've done quite a bit of work to make the whole experience a bit better. The two most helpful being Nullity Sphere is now shop buyable and absorbs are on a cooldown system instead of a super long recharge that prevents you from casting nukes. If you're using blinds, good evade CC implants and these two things well, NT's can stand toe to toe with bigger stuff than previously at earlier levels.

Kiting is a bit different. You want around 1k-ish run speed to be able to kite Ely hecklers. It's one of those things you need to get the hang of, and can be frustrating at first. However, its actually possible to kite into the 200's from Ely and then Inf mobs. (I did it).

Regarding Soli vs Nanomage, the difference is really minimal. You won't be using the Endurance Booster right at 201 anyway. You'd probably be happy either way if you like the profession, but I've always said Survival is nice for PVM while Endurance booster is nice for PVP. PVM being more predictable, you can make better use of Survival's slower benifit of time. Endurance booster is nice for a PVP emergency button.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Great info, thank you! I went with solitus for hair and Survival.

I'm looking forward to checking out more of your videos, Caloss2. I didn't know about your NT series.

Vinkera, you mentioned kiting in Ely until the 200s... Is that because it's not possible to kite hecklers effectively in Scheol and Adonis?

Quote Originally Posted by Vozz View Post
    Great info, thank you! I went with solitus for hair and Survival.

I'm looking forward to checking out more of your videos, Caloss2. I didn't know about your NT series.

Vinkera, you mentioned kiting in Ely until the 200s... Is that because it's not possible to kite hecklers effectively in Scheol and Adonis?
    Well, not kiting Ely Hecks specifically until 200. At 160 and up it is possible to kite mobs in Inferno for massive XP, and its pretty fun here and there. High risk and reward.

It is not possible to kite Hecklers beyond Ely, though. They have range even though they're melee.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

I don't like the uncertainty and risk of death with Ely hecks, so I don't bother.
    What I do is more like what follows. I used it to powerlevel myself completely self-buffed and self-geared w/ no outside help on the new engine's beta server a few years ago. With access to outside buffs (run speed & HoTs) and outside gear everything would've been way easier, and it was already really easy. Since none of that was available, I also went Opifex in order to maximize run speed (Aurea's Boots of Escape).

Do whatever in the starter zone, I'd suggest the +dmg armor so it goes faster.

Then if you're pure solo like me I'd do Subway until you get Boots of Infinite Speed & all Living Cyber Armor that isn't questable. Quest for the rest whenever.

Throw some imps on if you can, (MC, run speed, max health, max nano, evades) (make them yourself or get storeboughts).

Get a medsuit and good first aid (from Stim Fiends in the Subway) and the best AoE nuke you can.

Abuse game mechanics @ SW mines in Lush Fields to level to around ~40-45. That means pull mobs into the stone fence and jump past the fence. Only specific spots will work. We don't have the RS to kite yet. Swap into med-suit and use first aid if you run low on nano mid-pull (I don't remember if this was an issue or if I'm confusing it w/ issues I had on a froob NT).

Imps again, we need as much MC as we can get.

Abuse game mechanics @ Claw camp in Pleasant Meadows to around ~80-85ish. initial issue here is overcoming their nano resist for consistent damage. Easier now that NTs can cast MC mastery. Swap into med-suit and use first aid if you run low on nano mid-pull.

Imps again, we really need run speed now. Do dailies or something, whatever you can to get up to like level 89 or 90, maybe more Claws. We need the temple mobs in Ely to be grey.

When temple mobs are grey you can root & shoot Aurea or do w/e and get your Boots of Escape.

Still probably want more run speed, try to get Ring of Haste.

(Obviously all this run speed non-sense is nullified if you can get GSF, that's not pure solo though).

Now you can actually start kiting, just do Sand Incubus/Demons in PW for a while.

Eventually (what like 110ish or 115ish?) get good implants, probably AAD imps as well (twink Psychology as high as you can, but won't be enough for QL 200 Shiny yet).

Now kite borgs for a while, at least until 130ish.

At 130 you can enter Ado for free, the problem will be surviving the run but there are places to LoS and snipe calm from (like jump up onto top of structure near Sanctuary exit, not that you'll have the Sanc key).

And now just farm Climbing Creepers in Dark Ruins (no level restrictions online I've seen are accurate, you can enter at 130 I believe). You'll get good at this, you enter instance, pull 11 or 12 of them, kite near entrance, exit zone, re-enter, and they'll respawn immediately. They give good xp and have very low HP and respawn instantly and no other players to worry about. Tricky part during the first levels will be not dying on initial pull, but it's very rare once you get the hang of it. Eventually you'll level up enough where you can build QL 200 AAD imps etc and it'll become more comfortable.

You can ride this out to 200 and full level 8 researches pretty easily, but if you have a 2nd account to team and reform team with, you can do the Creepers in the same way in the team instance once the solo instance gets a little slow. Creepers there are higher level but it'll require you to drop & reform team every time you exit in order to get respawns to pop.
    Last edited by baduizm; Oct 17th, 2017 at 23:49:00.

you can kite inf spirits pretty early with proper buffs. stay away from hecks past ely, just not worth it.

also, like it's been said..with xp buffs, RK borgs are damn amazing until like 120ish. (chance of decent loot also)
    Last edited by RedWatr; Oct 18th, 2017 at 16:22:51.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL