Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2017 Collector loot anniversary event

lol u guys are dumb.. it was an event.. it was for the birthday.. or else it wouldnt have happened... get ur heads out or ure arses.. it was BOIRTHDAY 16 EVENT
    ~ Kneha ~ Opifex Martial Artist

Quote Originally Posted by Kneha View Post
    lol u guys are dumb.. it was an event.. it was for the birthday.. or else it wouldnt have happened... get ur heads out or ure arses.. it was BOIRTHDAY 16 EVENT
    you're right, it was an event, you got us! we're just a bunch booger heads. golly gee, we got called out on that one guys :'( we are so dumb.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by WhyDoIPlayThis View Post
    Do these scenarios seem at all comparable?
    If you read my post again (try hard), you'll see where I think the similarities lies.

Bugs have different effects, require different treatments.

The character corruption you mentioned was data loss. Only a recovery from a backup could put it back. The only solution was to shut down the game in an emergency and either selectively restore characters or reset the entire game into a previous saved state. The later was chosen because it was much easier to give players cookies from the loss of a day than spend man-days fixing the data.

What happened lately was wrong new data: items players should not have. If I was working on AO, I would simply query the logs for collector drops and remove all the chest that was looted outside of the collector's PF, then remove gains from opened ones. Of course, no one work on the game anymore so the story ends here.

In a similar manner, a GM got his account stolen and gave Diggima armors at random. This was fixed by removing stats from said armors.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Hy i just wanted 2 say ty to funcom for this amazing event! is great 2 see how fc rly listens 2 us and shows it trough this surprise!

The titanic had first class before it went down at least...

Maybe we should just outsource the game to a nice nigerian 419 tech support group and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordo View Post
    The titanic had first class before it went down at least...

Maybe we should just outsource the game to a nice nigerian 419 tech support group and be done with it.
    Hmmm...i wonder how that email would read out...Dear friend. This letter may come as a surprise to you but i am an imprisoned leet prince held captive by the people's liberation army of newland (P.L.A.N.). i have many valuable phats deposited in the Royal omni bank of rubi-ka, but due to my unjust captivity in the PLAN's private server i cannot access them. and this is where i need you,my friend!
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

*sigh* how much?
    Behoernchen - Adventurer - SEMPER FIDELIS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123