Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Collector loot anniversary event

Quote Originally Posted by Akaceo View Post
    If the stat exploits haven't done enough damage to the game, this is killing it even more. Seen level 30~ dudes getting ACDCs, beast/awakened armor, etc.
    You realize that these items have a level 215 requirement right? Who really cares if a level 30 has them, it's not like they can use them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WhyDoIPlayThis View Post
    You realize that these items have a level 215 requirement right? Who really cares if a level 30 has them, it's not like they can use them anyway.
    Because if everyone is getting the gear for free off of low level mobs, then why bother doing PVM content anymore? No reason to do Beast if I can get the pieces off of level 50 mobs in NLD.
    220! Bureaucrat - I finally did it, get the camera mom!
    95 Fixer
    40 Adventurer (I WILL BE A DRAGON SOMEDAY)

That's how events work, you get cool stuff for a short period of time.. I seriously doubt they plan to leave it that way permanently..

btw it is reale that bad ? i was doing some reserch killing mobs acros RK and didnt see drop anything special or maybe i was killing wrong mobs
    Snezofix fix 220/30/80
    Misicka snade 220/30/80
    Snehulienka MA 220/28/78
    Minalvin agent 220/30/80
    Doctorzhor doc 220/30/80
    Jesabell adv 200

lol yeah because that level 30 will never ever be 215 within a week..you would be terrible at chess.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    lol yeah because that level 30 will never ever be 215 within a week..you would be terrible at chess.
    My mistake, I forgot that we're not allowed to loot items until we are the appropriate level to wear them. Do you also have problems with people looting ql 300 nomad armor on lowbie alts instead of waiting until the day they start twinking? What about the fact that you can buy alpha/beta boxes off of the GMI? Betas? Buying lootrights? Why exactly does it bother you that someone else's new characters could have an item sitting in their inventory in preparation for being leveled?

Like I said in my last post, this is how events work. People who are online and participate in the event (which is quite a bit easier if you have played more than just the forums in the last several years) are the ones who receive something for it, not the people that complain about missing it afterwards.

Your proposed "fix" to the so-called "problem" is both melodramatic and illogical. If I were to hand out $100 to each of your friends, would you demand that the money be returned and that nobody in the world be paid for the week because you weren't one of the recipients? All this would accomplish is shift from a relatively small impact to the absolute maximum impact, which makes absolutely no sense from a business perspective or otherwise.

blah blah blah...PLEASE LET ME KEEP MY FREE LOOTZ I SO VERY DESERVE THEMS!...more complete blah blah blah
    this isn't an event, dumbass.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    this isn't an event, dumbass.
    I love the childish responses to any form of rational criticism. It really makes your credibility shine.

i enjoy the event!! keep em coming funcome!! ty!!
    ~ Kneha ~ Opifex Martial Artist

It
    Is
    Not
    An
    Event.

This was confirmed by multiple GMs. Because even FC aren't as stupid as you guys suggesting it's a sensible act lol. It ruins pvm. That's it, full stop. I understand your logic, but even this would be too much for an event.

Hi,

This wasn't an event.

Okay bye.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

Not even a reply from funcom?

c'mon fc, get ur head outta ur asses. be more informative.
    j00 r0xx0r, xtremsniper!
    You last visited: Jan 1st, 1970 at 00:00:00

erm... okay... i was born AFTER that date :P

...this is how events work...
    Not really. You don't hand out game changing gear during any event, especially not gear considered an end game option for both pvp and pvm.

Furthermore, it is actually a big "**** you" to whoever spend a lot of time gathering the items, e.g. Awakened Beast armor, if said items were to be handed out during an event. Add the fact, that having Collector boxes dropping like monster parts off of any mob available in the game, previously "rare" items are now available in excess (which is close to an understatement, frankly), because of the ridiculous high chance of getting silver and gold boxes. This also leads to heavy devaluations of said items - another "**** you" to whoever obtained these items "legitimately".

Personally, if this isn't fixed with a rollback, I'll let my subs run out and find something else to play. This is not an event (which hopefully no one truthfully thought it was), this is a humongous joke that only FC is able to conceive. I mean, 4 ****ing work days since first incident was reported, and not a single peep heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vhax View Post
    Hi,

This wasn't an event.

Okay bye.
    thanks Vhab. maybe my "credibility is bad", but this dudes is solid.
    T O O N Z:

Some people saved weeks farming Pande/POH or several lifetimes farming collector/s42. Big whoop. Rollback is definitely too much effort for a game on life support lol.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    Some people saved weeks farming Pande/POH or several lifetimes farming collector/s42. Big whoop. Rollback is definitely too much effort for a game on life support lol.
    Yeah, and while we're at it, let's make this so called stat-stacking software an official mod for AO, can't be arsed with using a few weeks (or sorry, a "lifetime") farming XP. Nor can we be bothered with spending time farming all these no drop items needed, for twinking on end game gear/symbiants/implants/whatever. In fact, we can't be bothered with anything, give us a darn AO simulator already, then we can play by ourselves and stop wasting money on overpriced subscriptions.

I'm just saying, the previous rollback was because people's characters were broken...not because they got a hold of things they could potentially get anyway given enough time. Obviously you don't agree with my assessment, but Sector 42 runs (Omni side) once a week...if that. For some people who can't attend tons of raids to farm points or can't attend the one day and time s42 runs, it might as well be the same as not running at all. A few more people now have +1k HP/Nano. Is it really that gamebreaking? I'd say no...and no I didn't get an ACDC either.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    I'm just saying, the previous rollback was because people's characters were broken...not because they got a hold of things they could potentially get anyway given enough time. Obviously you don't agree with my assessment, but Sector 42 runs (Omni side) once a week...if that. For some people who can't attend tons of raids to farm points or can't attend the one day and time s42 runs, it might as well be the same as not running at all. A few more people now have +1k HP/Nano. Is it really that gamebreaking? I'd say no...and no I didn't get an ACDC either.
    You sure know how to down play the numbers. "A few" ACDCs, hmmehehe... You just said, that obtaining an ACDC is "hard work", or will take an astronomical amount of time (or a lifetime at least). Yet you find it's just A-OK, that a large quantity of ACDCs were just introduced to the game (large quantity being relative, of course, as you just said it was hard to obtain just 1 previously, so introducing just a handful would be overkill, really), to some lucky people who didn't work for it, now running around with items, that usually only were the possession of those who's been spending "a lifetime" in AO. I guess FC should introduce a Rubi-Ka wide raffle, wherein "a few" will win end game items, that obviously required way too much work to be obtained.

I find your arguments against a rollback quite contradicting with what AO and MMOs usually are about: character building. You said it yourself. Last rollback was because of broken characters (I don't remember this). The primary objective of the game (characters, and the progression of these characters) were broken. If you don't see this "event" as breaking the natural character process, then I don't know what is, as this "event" has nothing to do with character building. In fact, it was just a raffle to see who would turn out to be lucky enough to get much, much richer (and then not, as most people now have the rare items anyway), and who'd get to advance forward, in regard of gear, without spending "a lifetime" working for the items.
    Last edited by Vladimirovna; Jun 27th, 2017 at 19:08:39.

It's too late for a rollback, anyway. Last time it happened it rolled back 24 (or maybe 48, max) hours, and there was so much drama over it. This isn't even close to requiring a rollback, even though the way those items were acquired wasn't exactly fair. If they keep a database on which item dropped from which mob (and I doubt they do), then maybe just delete the items in question. If not - well, nothing can be done about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimirovna View Post
    You sure know how to down play the numbers. "A few" ACDCs, hmmehehe... You just said, that obtaining an ACDC is "hard work", or will take an astronomical amount of time (or a lifetime at least). Yet you find it's just A-OK, that a large quantity of ACDCs were just introduced to the game (large quantity being relative, of course, as you just said it was hard to obtain just 1 previously, so introducing just a handful would be overkill, really), to some lucky people who didn't work for it, now running around with items, that usually only were the possession of those who's been spending "a lifetime" in AO. I guess FC should introduce a Rubi-Ka wide raffle, wherein "a few" will win end game items, that obviously required way too much work to be obtained.

I find your arguments against a rollback quite contradicting with what AO and MMOs usually are about: character building. You said it yourself. Last rollback was because of broken characters (I don't remember this). The primary objective of the game (characters, and the progression of these characters) were broken. If you don't see this "event" as breaking the natural character process, then I don't know what is, as this "event" has nothing to do with character building. In fact, it was just a raffle to see who would turn out to be lucky enough to get much, much richer (and then not, as most people now have the rare items anyway), and who'd get to advance forward, in regard of gear, without spending "a lifetime" working for the items.
    I'd like to share with you the context of the last rollback the game saw, of which there have only been two of in the last 12 years:

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    "Crashing" or exiting the game very rapidly would break these cooldowns and corrupt your character information. Anything contained in your character after this cooldown information was corrupted...this resulted in your research and perks effectively vanishing. Importantly your "Save" position also became corrupt...anyone who died in this state would then crash the entire server...not surprisingly breaking other characters on the same server who were also in this cooldown state. One broken character would then create more crashes...then more broken characters as a result...and from there it began to spread across all dimensions like a virus. Doctors had the longest cooldown of this kind in common use...so they were immediately the first players who were susceptible to this issue...and in the end what allowed us to locate the problem and eliminate it in the update we released at 5am on Thursday. The sheer number of characters affected by this issue left us no choice but to roll back the entire day...with no readily available way of detecting this kind of corruption in the database it was far preferable to months of crashes as these characters appeared on the servers and hurt them again....and other characters by crash issues that will always persist (ie: lost items due to server crashes).
    Now let's compare the cons of each:

Collector "event":
    • Players gained items that normally would be much more difficult to obtain which would discourage them from doing PvM
    • Certain tradeable items potentially lost value

Failed 18.1 patch:
    • Character data was corrupted which resulted in losing all of your perks and research
    • The servers would crash every few minutes due to corrupt character data
    • Player items were being lost as a result of the server crashes
    • Each time the server crashed the problem exponentially spread to more characters

Do these scenarios seem at all comparable?
    Last edited by WhyDoIPlayThis; Jun 28th, 2017 at 00:21:56.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast