Thread: apparently...

apparently...

...I'm the only endgame melee adv left in this game! how can this be true? melee adv is the end all, be all, of the soul of an adventurer, to me. seems we've been nerfed so far into the gutter because of FC's attempt to bandaide the enfo 1he situation, that we've been forgotten, and shunned >< maybe I'm the only one that cares at this point. great job..I'm still not going ranged, bite me :P
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Still melee.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

I was calculating if it was worth going melee. Felt numbers were better than ranged.
    Yet I could not withstand anymore the ignorance from whoever is still running the game, so I'm on indefinite leave. You may be one of the last Adventurers, even playing, heh.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

My endgame adv is melee and very good at it. It's just that my other 220s outclass her at basically everything (soloing, dps, heals, tanking, all 4 at the same time, etc) so I never have a good reason to play her (unless my others are instance locked). Never did get on with ranged adv. Always much preferred the playstyle of melee. The PvM /follow nerf has really hurt though - and has done jack-all about MBing PvP sploits, just as I said it would. I'm not bitter or anything...

Anyway she'll be melee4lyfe.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

My Froob is still melee and at lvl 146 I think it's about end of the game as it gets.

Mine is still melee, and I would never change to range.
    That being said, I'm not currently playing ;(

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    My endgame adv is melee and very good at it. It's just that my other 220s outclass her at basically everything (soloing, dps, heals, tanking, all 4 at the same time, etc) so I never have a good reason to play her (unless my others are instance locked). Never did get on with ranged adv. Always much preferred the playstyle of melee. The PvM /follow nerf has really hurt though - and has done jack-all about MBing PvP sploits, just as I said it would. I'm not bitter or anything...

Anyway she'll be melee4lyfe.
    pretty much what you said, and yeah great idea to break /follow, nice bandaide there, smh. having the shortest range of just about any weapon means I'm useless AF in mass pvp now, and GL finding the OP Agent that you can't see or click on that's hitting you from across Bor before you KASPLAT!!...why couldn't they just break /follow for same faction instead?

bring back /follow, and...

Devs, please Pick 3 of the following 5:

-give melee adv a shorter recharge template for Sneak Attack

-give melee adv a shorter recharge template for Dimach.

-make the 1he perkline adv only :P and remove that stupid 1he focus.

-make backstab available during combat

-5% offensive proc our Hatreds for a HoT/DoT/stun/dancin' stripper/Skittle poop/whatevr
    <- don't pick that one

I know they will never read this, so I'm just wishfully thinking here, lol. we were already behind the ranged adv's after that AS pistol, now we're in the barn, would be nice to have a reason for people to choose melee, or log in their melee imo, but you're right, unless you need a fart tank, or second choice of healer...I'm still a little grumpy about needing to morph to do anything at all now too >< but that's ALL adv's.
    Last edited by RedWatr; Jun 25th, 2017 at 10:47:07.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    My Froob is still melee and at lvl 146 I think it's about end of the game as it gets.
    I'm thinking seriously about joining the froob world, and giving up on paid, froobs seem to be havign the most fun right now anyway
    T O O N Z:

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    I'm thinking seriously about joining the froob world, and giving up on paid, froobs seem to be havign the most fun right now anyway
    Well, the froobs never had to deal with the stupid agent problem, or the stupid 1HE/1HB enforcer problem, or the 1button LOLOLOL NT problem, or the 2006 unkillable ranged advy problem, or the 2003 neverdie keeper problem, etc. so they have just this rosy world view where AC's matter, and cluster choice is imperative, and damage range on weapons is a critical feature, and ... you know, the game WORKS still.

I have 5 advs (3 paid 2 froob)...generally speaking in my view of the world end game pistol was always better, i found melee to be vastly superior at levels 100-200...but i haven't rolled or leveled any one with dogs available . Mostly wanted to "quick reminder" that 146 is anything but froob end game, tis' in fact 4 levels short of some great adventurer rk phats like carapace & lion's armors etc
    Gabrielpeter, Organlegger, Ypexwde, Findnkeeper, Sp.icecaravan cause apparently sp.ice gets censored oO, Strpb, Xasomerhs, Wtbhoardcure, Hasomeris, Panzerwerfer, Wurfrahmen40, Stabilizer, Stukazufuss, Hohoikilledu, Aimedslaps and some 40 more paid and froobs. Probably the last AO player from Greece for quite a while now...

Froob advie is op, really nice damage at raids etc, wouldnt go ranged on a froob advie tho, rop and pop are still ****
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Quote Originally Posted by Valour View Post
    Froob advie is op, really nice damage at raids etc, wouldnt go ranged on a froob advie tho, rop and pop are still ****
    that's always bothered me, there's no reason those pistols are still crap ><
    T O O N Z: