Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impossible Trade Skillz? Wtf

Unhappy Impossible Trade Skillz? Wtf

Hrm, Blizzaro had an imp he wanted to be put together - the req you say? 1155 Psycology.

Cz Please tell me this is will be lowered. This is such a joke. This is litterally IMPOSSIBLE to obtain. Heres teh math bro adding in EVERYTHING there is:

677ish base(725 for a lvl 200, 677 Pre-title6) +210(full Implants) + (20 Gen) + 40(2x ql 200 OT rings) +50(Crat Buff) + 50(Tutoring) + 20 (Albrecht ql200) + 10(OT-Windchaser M06 Emerald ql38) =

lvl180-189 = 1077
    lvl200 = 1117

Cmon Now Cz, This is a litterally impossible requirment. I dont think we should have to be lvl 200 to make an imp(and even at 200 you cant with this imp). This math right here is litterally pulling out ALL the stops, the combinations of items shown above is WAY ABOVE and BEYOND what we should have to obtain to make anything, and it still doesn't get us to the requirment of the cluster!
    Last edited by Quamander; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 07:06:30.
    Themakerr --- Quame --- Quamy - Docjeckyl

Proud member of Legion

Themakerr's Trade Skillz!
    "Doing nothing sucks when you have nothing to do" - Quamie

1st what breed and profession is that calculated for ?
    2nd You've have left out following rare items

Twelve-Fingered Graspers of Ljotur (new item in 14.5, dunno where it drops) +12 to Psychology

Raising it to 1129 points

More imporant if you are a soldier

Q200 MTI Martins Simple +32 (+22 more than the emerald)

Raising the Psychology to 1151 point

and Poetic Stretch-band ( tjeck on exhange shows they drop in the range of +18 to +28)

In the end will the skill be raised to 1179.

also keep in mind that CHS add 20 to psychology
    ------
    In reality is the stretch band properly the only item you can get hands on ( I know there are around 4-5 Martins in the game, but i doubt the owners can be persuded to sell (can maybee be persuaded to raise their Psychology for the right price ))

So if you are a soldier then can you add from +18 to +50 more to your Psychology skill than listed above. +28 to +38 if the soldier are using a CHS.

lvl 180-189 = 1095-1127 (1105-1115 with CHS setup)
    Lvl 200 = 1135-1167 (1145-1155 with CHS setup)
    ------
    Conclusion: Not impossible but goddam hard. I think a Lvl 200 soldier with the right INT/SEN implant and armor setup can reach 1155 in Psychology. I then just don't know if it are worth it.
    Minister Randal Moscadelli
    Callsign: Kryos
    Office closed down, for an unknown time

Edited since I forgot Soldiers have green psychology.
    Last edited by Slyyk; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 13:30:13.
    Slyykie - 200+ Shade
    Slyyk - 200+ Fixer

Members of Alphastrike
    ------------------------------------------------
    Sarcasm rules! Go prance around in the forest you silly pixie.

Skills listed above bro were based on trader/engie.
    A soldier on the other hand may have greed psycho but their max is 50 points less then that of a trader/engie -
    So your points are

lvl 180-189 = 1045-1097 (1105-1115 with CHS setup)
    Lvl 200 = 1085-1117

As I said, Impossible, and as I also said all these items is going above an beyond whut you should have to do to make an implant - and that doesnt even give us the ability
    Last edited by Quamander; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 16:31:27.

Proud member of Legion

crats got green psyco too i think.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Yes they do with Crat suit and Rasch crystal will they be able to boost their Psychology +26 more then Quadmander have calculated.

Raising skill to 1141 at lvl 200

still 14 point short, i doubt a Nanomage crat will be able to boost their skill to 1155 on INT/SEN buff and items, without the Twelve-Fingers i mentioned earlier.

But try ask Marterialgirl or Whites

(Note: Omni/clan crat suit Q80 also adds +16 INT/SEN which i havn't put into my calculations. But if a Bureacrat can't raise his skill enuff to make the item, i don't know who should be able. Psychology is a Bureacrats main tradeskill even though it has a very limited use (Funcom wake up fix that broken skill))
    Last edited by Kryos; Oct 24th, 2002 at 06:39:12.

Tutoring can help a bit (ql200+ imps too if you find the cluster )
    Leamartini - 219 Doctor Too good for enlightenment ...
    Claraa - 150 Bureaucrat Twink wannabe
    Poleemploi - 161 Agent On the way to froob enlightenment !

(04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: i tab +double
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: skillz
    (04:50) [Battlestation] Techbro: no time for t

Originally posted by Clarah
    Tutoring can help a bit (ql200+ imps too if you find the cluster )
    both is already in the initial calculation

Yes maybe a crat could=D But the fact still remains that this is WAY to difficult to perform, bordering on IMPOSSIBLE, and should not be a class restricted trade skills item *cough*
    And on top of that how many level 200 nano mage crats do you know who have maxed psycho? Tutoring also?(MAYBE 2 if we are lucky) o and melee energy? Most likley none. Plus might also requir Shades of Luc and a vt egg or two. And you would also need a Pioneer Backpack. And worst of all this is a Bright cluster, jeez what doesn shiny req?
    Last edited by Quamander; Oct 24th, 2002 at 15:25:02.

Proud member of Legion

Only one i think that have VT eggs, Shade of Lub, Professor Jones vest (Adds to Int) is Materialgirl. I'm quite sure she have maxed Psychology. (Simply something most crats do in the wage hope, that one day it will be to more use than to boost our Charm-Attack skill). Now for Tutoring that quite different sake.

But now you say it is for the Bright cluster that makes things much worser. Don't think that any1 ever will be able to make them. But we the rate FC fix bugs in this game, theres no chance it ever will be.

NOTE: I don't find it wrong to limit a single tradeskill or the like to a single profession/breed. Right now do trader/engy have monopoly on tradeskills, you just jealous we come an take something from you

Ohh i also forgot to mention, i'm started to collect implnat and other stuff, just to se how high i can boost my Psychology. Have it maxed allready, got following items

Shades of lub
    2x VT egg
    Q80 Omni Suit
    2x Q200 OT rings

Need

Rasch Crystal Q200
    Rasch Crystal Q50-75 (Dunno how high i can raise my dual wield, without using IPs))
    Jones vest (Can probely borrow one that adds +17 INT)
    22mill XP (So i can become lvl 180)
    Psychology/Int/sen implant (Working hard on that)
    Melee ener/1HB/ Multi melee implants (Working on that, so i can take on the Rasch)
    Some one to "teach" me psychology
    Items/armor that adds to Sense and Inteligence

Ya know Quadmander i find this a funny mission to do.

Pretty sure you gonna need 195 atleast, o and btw tutor is self only - so have fun wasting ip, same with melee energy.=D
    And I do find it wrong to restrict IMPLANT making to a particular class. EXCUSE ME but traders/engie have a monopoly on most trade skills for a reason, we are a TRADESKILL based classes, engies should get engie only trade skill abilities WAY before crats. Last time I checked a crat wasn't a tradeskill oriented class, nor sol, nor enf, nor fixer, ECT. I maxed every trade skill in my window for a reason, and you think crats should get crat only items then you need to also slap a 900me + 900 pharma req on it or something so you pay the same price we do in becoming trade skill artist - we lose ALOT of ip, i shouldn't have 400 evades/30 nano resist etc etc and not be able to do major things.

And what in your right mind makes you think a crat should have class only trade skill items? EXPECIALLY IMPLANTS.
    Engies/traders/fixers dont have particular class only specialties only they can perform. B&e may be costly but its possible to do without a fixer.
    While we are at it, this is not only restricting it to a particular breed of a particular class, but also to a particular UBER player who hasover 400m worth the items equiped.

And no im not flamming crats=p im flaming u kry

And im pretty sure material has yet to max tutor, much less raise melee energy - there are alot of other skills to be raised.
    Last edited by Quamander; Oct 25th, 2002 at 02:50:31.

Proud member of Legion

Cripes, when bureaucrats asked to make our useless psychology skill more useful this isn't what any of us had in mind.
    Charles 'Kithrak' Houston - Equipment
    Administrator, Omni-Admin
    Bringing the politics of Rubi-Ka to life!

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

I find it quite weird that jobe requries something else then NP, Pharma , ok, thats rare but doable ( for docs/engie/traders/agents?) but psychology ?

no thanks , please tell me thats a bug ? ;p
    Georg 218 doc
    [1809] PT
    Legion
    Web: [http://www.legionhq.org]
    Irc: irc.legionhq.org
    Ts: www.legionhq.org

Well Crats have looked for a use to their Psychology skill, this is one of them. Not one we wanted very much.

Thx for the flame though, not very contructive, but flames rarely are that. But flames usually give a good view into the mind of the flamer.

Given up on the project though, didn't know fo the Tutor device workings. Rasch Crytal could have been equipped without spending that many IP.

Not very cunstructive Kry? Are you saying my post didn't make/prove a point? Please by all means tear the whole post apart and prove me wrong. Unless your of less intelligence then a retard flamer like myself?

Ty for the flame also btw I'll be eager for another. If you can provide one? Other then saying:
    Originally posted by Kryos
    Thx for the flame though, not very contructive, but flames rarely are that. But flames usually give a good view into the mind of the flamer.
    Basically the work of an average low level flamer, stating a point that is totally unfounded and not backed up with a SINGLE fact.
    So uh.....

- Tutor is self only. When it wasn't people were tutoring lvl 2s into ql 200 ncu hehe. It only gives 50 points at ql 200, which kinda sux but is helpfull to say the least.
    Last edited by Quamander; Oct 25th, 2002 at 22:33:55.

Proud member of Legion

/me uses his psychology skill to persuade the nanobots to infuse themselves into the implant.

Works for me.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster....when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." -Friedrich Nietzsche-

"By denying support to the possibility of peace, the Council of Truth is guranteeing an outcome of war."-Administrator Houston-

Hrm, I didn't know nano bots were living things.=p

Proud member of Legion

I did a minor calculation if I maxed my psychology right now and useing alot of the stuff, still came up 24ish short. And thats only if I get 2 OT Aug rings i can use, a ql 80 omni suit, gimp my ip in tutoring, suddenly take up melee energy and a few minor tweaks and bends.

This is ridiculous.

Yea you gotta be atleast 180 to even have the slitest chance kith.=[ need +40 from da ql200 rings. and ur gonna need Shades, 2xVT eggs, intel imps to go along to I would think. Luckily I dont think intel imps conflict with psyco, or many of them.

Proud member of Legion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast