Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Worth coming back?

I blame Caloss

#blameCaloss
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dumonde View Post
    I hope that I do know even 1 single person when I return in a few hours...
    Mhh... Hopefully, my Punkz are still existing.
    Punk is dead... Only Paradise is still alive from the PvP Orgs...
    We reach a low number of active players on the server... i think in two or three years is anarchy online dead...
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Alves View Post
    Punk is dead... Only Paradise is still alive from the PvP Orgs...
    We reach a low number of active players on the server... i think in two or three years is anarchy online dead...
    Yeah yeah yeah, the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Seriously, there is always a certain measure of consolidation among guilds. On the Omni side, Weyland Yutani seems to be the biggest and most active org at the moment, but they don't allow alts - it's your main only.

Hellcom is certainly still alive. We did a round of APFs and an iPande yesterday, and had no shortage of players, if not exactly the "raging hordes of Genghis Khan" type numbers that were on HC a few years ago. And there are tower wars announcements all day long.

So to anyone who is reading this and wondering if it's worth coming back, I'd say hell yes!
    Hasta la victoria siempre!

Quote Originally Posted by Hildegaard View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah, the sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Seriously, there is always a certain measure of consolidation among guilds. On the Omni side, Weyland Yutani seems to be the biggest and most active org at the moment, but they don't allow alts - it's your main only.

Hellcom is certainly still alive. We did a round of APFs and an iPande yesterday, and had no shortage of players, if not exactly the "raging hordes of Genghis Khan" type numbers that were on HC a few years ago. And there are tower wars announcements all day long.

So to anyone who is reading this and wondering if it's worth coming back, I'd say hell yes!
    Tower wars where no one defending these towers - wow... with 100 placeholding Orgs... many Towerfields have only an CT *so great*
    You only wait 1-3 ours for a Battlestation Round (TL5/6 and TL7) and you find 5-8 players in the LFT-Window for the whole day... *great again*
    And both sides dont have enough players for Sector42... *great too*

Come back, if you dont want to lose these game! *best marketing ever - you should know, that the hardcore players leaving these game - they gave up (#makeNoSensesToPlayAO)!*
    Last edited by killu; Nov 4th, 2017 at 14:40:36.
    :::::: Canceled all Accounts - make no sense to play these game ::::::

I find something to do every time I log in...the trick is, stay flagged!
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Quote Originally Posted by RedWatr View Post
    I find something to do every time I log in...the trick is, stay flagged!
    I have to admit that made me laugh out loud

I had to post this in response to the nay-sayers

10am here in Buenos Aires, that means 5am in California, 8am in New York.
    I login and walk out of Borealis BY1
    There are 16 people standing out in the open, easily visible, without any hunting in dank corners.

Of course the game isn't as heavily populated as it once was, it's been up since July 2001. But it is by no means dead, as some doom-and-gloomers have proclaimed.

Quote Originally Posted by killu View Post
    And both sides dont have enough players for Sector42... *great too*
    ?

Clan - Hodorraid and The Alliance - did s42 today. As on every Sunday.
    Bit critical with numbers sometimes, but we do it.

And i always wear somthing skimpy to s42. Yet another reason to come.
    RIP Angels of the Night
    Tlaski / 220 Soldier
    Tlaskeh / 220 Doc
    Clatskanie / 220 Engineer

Not realy talking about big numbers here are we, if you only seem to need 3 for s42... APF just needs one team or less, so does beast and any other endgame content.. Lowbee stuff is all soloable since 1921
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

And to come again to the initial "worth coming back ?" you make it sound like "is it worth to loose a leg and an arm to come back ?" ... come back and see if you have fun ...
    All people are complaining about the price - the price is ok - very ok. I mean a fkin iphone is like 1000$ or more and guess what - you drop it down - poof goes 1k.
    You will ALWAYS find someone to fight / raid / farm / trade / twink / chat / compete in dd / TS / lvl up / even dance with ...

And as I always say : is a bottle of water worth 100k $ - depends on the circumstances (imagine yourself near a mountain spring and then in the very heart of Gobi)
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    And to come again to the initial "worth coming back ?" you make it sound like "is it worth to loose a leg and an arm to come back ?" ... come back and see if you have fun ...
    All people are complaining about the price - the price is ok - very ok. I mean a fkin iphone is like 1000$ or more and guess what - you drop it down - poof goes 1k.
    You will ALWAYS find someone to fight / raid / farm / trade / twink / chat / compete in dd / TS / lvl up / even dance with ...

And as I always say : is a bottle of water worth 100k $ - depends on the circumstances (imagine yourself near a mountain spring and then in the very heart of Gobi)
    But you wouldn't spend $1000 on an iPhone 2.. :P

TLDR its not really worth it anymore.
    I'm "coming back" sometimes like once every 2-3 years.
    Game definately isnt dead, there are all kind of raids, pvp and other stuff going on.
    However, the biggest problem is that current game is but a pale shadow (or maybe, even a walking corpse) of what it used to be. It really pains me to see all these huge and completely empty locations, ones that used to be swarming with players.... whether its RGB to lowlvl shadowland areas. Its beatiful and interesting world, which is mostly abandoned now, by both players and devs. I'd prefer to stick to the better memories of this game.
    And, lets bee honest, MMORPG is more about PEOPLE and INTERACTIONS. 15 years have passed since i launched AO for the first time... dont think any of my former friends still play it. Seeing familiar name is a rare thing. Heck, even familiar org name. Even Dork Front had empty orgchat when i logged my DF toon last time :{

Not to mention all major problems are still intact:
    1. Monthly payment (is such a joke in 2017);
    2. Economy is such inflated broken mess;
    3. No new content;
    4. Very little playerbase, and froobs are still being too limited in everything;
    5. Dev support is extremely low, its just about maintainin servers and nothing more.
    6. dozens of other HUGe problems.

"the point of no return" has been passed years ago, when instead of working on "real" new engine, getting timely steam release and changing sub. model, or even going for AO2, they chose to abandon AO and switch to other projects.
    Last edited by Cyclop; Dec 8th, 2017 at 11:47:45.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
    Litany Against Fear
    Dune

just ... don't.
    T O O N Z:
    Renamed (jeycihn) 220/30(so sexy, so Borealis...I miss it the most...still melee <3 thnx for all your help Scum!
    Giit 200/30 NM NT(THE most dangerous, and bitchy thing I ever created)
    Sixunder 158/21 NM Tra (158+SMG=Atomic bomb? Feather pillow? meh, depends on what mood she's in oO)
    Eightup 158/21 Opi Fix (perfect, maxed twink, definitive "FUN")
    Xerrrox 17X Opi Fix (GA4 fr00b...buff prostitute...reason to log in)
    Enjey 60/6 NM Eng (high maintenance OP'ness)
    Nanimated New NM Agent (no patience for it...sigh)
    Somethiing 200 Atrox Sold (potential x1k...not nearly enough "give a f*ck")
    P A R A D I S E ~&~ P A R A S I T E ~&~ B R O K E N ~&~ CCI ~&~ NOTHING PERSONAL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12