Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: End year sub promotion

Unhappy End year sub promotion

Hi FC,

This year for the first time there is no shiny items and no free months when take 12 months subscription promotion, please explain why I should resub for a 16 years old game asking 17,95 a month?

Last 3 months no news for the community .... last patch is a joke, it looks like you took 5 minuts to pour something on server and all failed except subway ofab weapons, new itemshop is ugly and lacks tons of info on items, its just incomplete. Please set your priors right!

If nothing changes I wont resub my paid accounts and just hang out a lil on froob accounts, I have the feeling you don't care anymore about the community, exploiters can do what they want, it looks like you lost total control on game.

I really feel sad writing this.

+1
    Being disapointed with FC is a first for me personally.
    I've always had a good experience with GM's and no issues with purchases or the game but this christmass "update" is like an insult to our intelligence as Kain phrased it.
    Last edited by batavi; Dec 22nd, 2016 at 21:42:11.

I rarely post something here but this time im forced to say that i feal the same desapointment!

Gets me real angry to know that my favorite MMO of all time is getting destroyed by a team that either dont give a damm about it or is just super incompetent or even worst.. they are both!

Everything about the new shop and last patches and events have already been told by other people so i wont bother to repeat it… all i can say is.. sometimes i got the fealing FC dont want the game to keep alive..is the only reasonable explanation i can figure.

Dispites all bad things this team have done to AO, i was waiting for the xmas promos to resub all my accounts for one more year, but wait! No promos.

Some of my accounts already frozen, 2 will froze tomorrow and i wont resub any. Wont bother to get more angry then what i am atm.
    No promo no resub, simple as that.

Me aswell, im fealing really sad writing this words.
    Mordun - 220/70/30 Meta-physicist

President of My Way
    Ex President of The Reborn - RK2

Quote Originally Posted by mordun View Post
    I rarely post something here but this time im forced to say that i feal the same desapointment!

Gets me real angry to know that my favorite MMO of all time is getting destroyed by a team that either dont give a damm about it or is just super incompetent or even worst.. they are both!
    The problem might not be with Dev team but with the one that does the $$$ choices. They seem at that moment to do everything they can to take the max cash (new shop with increased price and more "attractive" items inside)
    It seems they doesn't give liberty to dev team to work on what could be good for the game itself but only for FC bank.
    It is quite like you see in AAA games with marketing team leading dev team. The main issue is AO isn't AAA game Acting like that with our communauty won't work. But did they care about long term?
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

problem is investors do read forums and critics articles on their investments.......the more insulting threads like this the more likely investors are going to keep saying to FC not to put too much time into this game as the playerbase is unhappy and its going to end soon......hopefully they do realise the loudest are a minority and the majority is mostly silent.........keep things constructive and always try to add somthing positive. this game has so much potential a remake/sequal should definately be on the books but NOT RUSHED atall or it will flop.

on a side note, i will not be resubbing YET untill they make the unloved profs on a simular level to agent/nt/engi where everything fits together nice and there are no saying "well thats kinda useless" such as crat, type 1 procs, robo pet etc etc, why cant we have a decent set of research proc types like nt/agent, new nanos like intensify stress that actually make a real difference, new nanos like droid pressure matrix that isnt on the masters bidding nano line and isnt a cruddy 5% chance. both were awsome ideas but suck on level of effectiveness. will probably resub some time in the future even if this doesnt happen just because of the pure potential and play of the game but for now i will not.

I must have really low expectations, because I'm just happy that I can still log in.

If anything, FC should be happy that you are still logging in.

Quote Originally Posted by Opentrade View Post
    problem is investors do read forums and critics articles on their investments.......the more insulting threads like this the more likely investors are going to keep saying to FC not to put too much time into this game as the playerbase is unhappy and its going to end soon......hopefully they do realise the loudest are a minority and the majority is mostly silent.........keep things constructive and always try to add somthing positive. this game has so much potential a remake/sequal should definately be on the books but NOT RUSHED atall or it will flop.
    Oh you must be new. ;p I've been playing since the end of '05, and even with a comparative late start like that, I've seen FC get so much useful feedback, constructive criticism, alternative ideas, and freely volunteered time and effort, and at the same time, watched FC stick their heads in the sand about it all that it's no wonder this forum (and this game in general) is as dead as it is. I'd LOVE to stay constructive, I'd love to stay upbeat and positive, but if FC wants things to look happy and content, they should spend some time and effort towards that end, instead of giving us crap and expecting us to happily ask for more.
    Last edited by Kain97; Dec 24th, 2016 at 04:34:35. Reason: Clarity
    Kain97 - 220 Fixer, President, Pantheon
    Maskirovka - 220 Shade
    Dominum - 220 Bureaucrat
    Severit - 220 Enforcer
    Sayet - 220 Doctor

My bet is they're waiting to flip the Steam switch before offering sub incentives. Since it is happening so soon they are likely just trying to run out the clock on that then offer the year incentive in early january like nothing is different.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    My bet is they're waiting to flip the Steam switch before offering sub incentives. Since it is happening so soon they are likely just trying to run out the clock on that then offer the year incentive in early january like nothing is different.
    Well let's hope they won't crash Steam :X You never know with FC
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by Krause View Post
    Funcom are not in a positive state with the ao community that allowed them to perform pleasant surprises.
    The lack of communication we've had for a long time suggests that nothing is going to happen.
    Should my theory be wrong, it will be welcomed only with anger and disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Footer View Post
    Funcom are not in a positive state with the ao community that allowed them to perform pleasant surprises.
    The lack of communication we've had for a long time suggests that nothing is going to happen.
    Should my theory be wrong, it will be welcomed only with anger and disappointment.
    Ehh, these promotions usually involve some item made from a reused NPC asset and in return it gets them extra year subs. We make it sound like this is for our benefit, but its almost entirely for theirs. I can't see them skipping out on an opportunity like this, but I can see them holding out (without saying anything) for an extra month until they can maximize the amount of potential subs.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

maybe they gonna make this free to play when they release it on steam or something then. maybe thats why there is no xmas 1 year sub promo. who knows...
    michi said before january we are live on steam?
    lets wait and see what happens

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    maybe they gonna make this free to play when they release it on steam or something then. maybe thats why there is no xmas 1 year sub promo. who knows...
    michi said before january we are live on steam?
    lets wait and see what happens
    The stupidity of the item shop shows they have no person with previous experience in monetizing a free to play game, so considering FC aren't risk takers anyway, a change to the subscription model is out of the question.
    Last edited by Nursebones; Dec 25th, 2016 at 10:58:21.

As far as I know, the ONLY promotion ever done by FC in subs are during June. Don't bite me though if i'm wrong.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sleekyz View Post
    As far as I know, the ONLY promotion ever done by FC in subs are during June. Don't bite me though if i'm wrong.
    Well, the past three years they did (extra game time and shinies) I stopped going farther back. Can easily check the December updates in history.
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

was xmas sub offer last year. you got parasite armor.
    i did it on both my accounts. and i am pretty sure they done this evry year

I am waiting myself for a Christmas/New Year offer to sub up a year. Hopefully, they follow their tradition.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

They do put incentives and extra months in the Xmas sub. That's the one I've been using the last few years, rather than the anniversary subs. I'm hoping the steam release gets a sub deal with it.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast