Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A long overdue letter to the AO dev team

How much is 300QL CSS going for?

Might need to dump mine...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    The economy was at its finest just when i played last time around summertime. Seeing somone offering 50m per nano screams sploited creds.
    Sadly yes, and these people do not even have the smarts (or decency) to hide it, they just scream it to everyone
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

I hate to say this but when I played last GRACE was 600m and blitzing a nano for 10m was not a weird thing.
    Prices scale.

That doesn't mean that deflation would be nice, but has that ever happened in any MMO? Especially new players are boned because they're unable to buy anything from the people who have surplus.
    And when they want to make money they'll first have to install some 3rd party program to roll nanos or whatever - turning the game into a daytime chore.
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

Quote Originally Posted by Coffay View Post
    I hate to say this but when I played last GRACE was 600m and blitzing a nano for 10m was not a weird thing.
    Prices scale.

That doesn't mean that deflation would be nice, but has that ever happened in any MMO? Especially new players are boned because they're unable to buy anything from the people who have surplus.
    And when they want to make money they'll first have to install some 3rd party program to roll nanos or whatever - turning the game into a daytime chore.

Deflation happens very regularely in AO. When they introduced shopable jobe clusters, different nanos in gardens, many things started to become cheaper, because of the credit sink. Like i said previously, the game's economy was at it's healthiest state this year during and before summer. Suddenly 10m creds was still worth something, now it's once again just trash creds.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Should we be worried that there's no word on Christmas patch yet? Maybe I'm overreacting. It's not like there hasn't been more than one official post since August.

/new GD pls
    Last edited by Nursebones; Dec 13th, 2016 at 10:26:17.

Welllll, probably funcom did not get an intern who could do it xD and the rest of staff is occupied with other games ^.^

Heared that penumbra is enough Xmas for us. Maybe we have to use some social from last year to celebrate Xmas #MakeAOgreatagain
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

well TSW got an update on facebook. Their holiday season comes with a new emote and zone covered with snow. snowball minigame, mountie social and a raindeer mount. Posted on facebook.

Christmas season on from 13th of Dec to 6th of Jan.

Merry christmas AO!

http://www.thesecretworld.com/news/krampusnacht_returns
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

To be fair, that's a pretty meagre TSW christmas offering as well. I remember when TSW got a new actual event with a mission each year... I suppose Conan Exiles is to blame. FC had better hope they have a customer base left to fall back on if it doesn't make big bank *cough*LEGO*cough*.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

conan exiles can be good, but funcom might fail a little since similar games already excist, they excisted for like 1-2 years soon.
    wich means funcom gonna go out in the market and compete with now 1-2 years old games that are pretty polished vs something fresh and buggy.

to hit the jackpot they ned big streamers to like the game on twitch, Lirik is a hardcore on games like conan exiles for example.
    and i wonder if funcom tried to reach him to let him get early acces with a dev.
    ARK did this and their game you can call a succes when you see they have a active playerbase on 50k evryday.

Ironically I think the only players that can afford anything on the GMI now are the resellers.
    Last edited by Malosar; Dec 15th, 2016 at 00:02:24. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    conan exiles can be good, but funcom might fail a little since similar games already excist, they excisted for like 1-2 years soon.
    wich means funcom gonna go out in the market and compete with now 1-2 years old games that are pretty polished vs something fresh and buggy.

to hit the jackpot they ned big streamers to like the game on twitch, Lirik is a hardcore on games like conan exiles for example.
    and i wonder if funcom tried to reach him to let him get early acces with a dev.
    ARK did this and their game you can call a succes when you see they have a active playerbase on 50k evryday.
    From what I've seen is the same thing you've pointed out. It doesn't look good compared to other games in the genre. Not to mention the other games are running on engines that just generally look better imho.

I don't understand why they keep sticking to this 'Conan' branding and just go scifi. Their original IP was scifi and they just abandoned it.
    Can't wait for their Conan the barbarian game /sarcasm off

"A game using the “Conan the Barbarian” IP is still
    in early concept development phase in the Oslo
    studio and is expected to go through concept
    review and project approval by the end of the year.
    Production is not expected to start until after the
    Early Access release of Conan Exiles"
    -Funcom Q3 report - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...rt_2016_Q3.pdf
    Last edited by Tyfowler; Dec 15th, 2016 at 01:45:55.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Offtopic but what engines generally looks better than UE4?

On-topic:

Yeah a lot has changed over the years for the better.
    The problem I think most people have is the complete silence.
    First the monthly dev letters got shorter and shorter but at least they catered people and put people's mind to ease because it was obvious FC knew Anarchy Online.. you know.. exists..
    Now it's been nothing but silence and moderators locking topics when people expressed their (offtopic, look at last dev letter) unhappiness , which is only fuel to the fire.

Off-topic:
    As for graphics and engines:

I really don't think it matters much. I remember when Age of Conan and TSW looked fantastic and now it's mediocre. 'Realistic' graphics just do NOT scale well and I hope they are going down a stylized route.
    Please no cartoony for me but they don't have to reinvent the wheel. Look at GW2, Archeage, Star Trek, you name it... None of these go for the ultra-realistic graphics and with good reason. From what I've seen of the Conan exiles things they're going for ultra realistic again (DISCLAIMER because in development but still).

Aka calling it now: the graphics will look dated in 2 years again.
    Dear developers,

Rock is OP, paper is fine.

-Yours faithfully, Scissors

Guys, bitch about AO, just don't forget to kiss his ass when he posts after 5 months, ok? He needs your love! I know your lips are dry, you have blisters since you last kissed his ass, but you have to hang in there! Remember, all AO GDs thrived on your kisses. That's why we have so many players, a shiny new engine and an active community now in AO.
    Last edited by Nursebones; Dec 16th, 2016 at 17:06:08.

Quote Originally Posted by kemi View Post
    Offtopic but what engines generally looks better than UE4?
    Frostbite :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGyaR2sSBkA
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    Deflation happens very regularely in AO. When they introduced shopable jobe clusters, different nanos in gardens, many things started to become cheaper, because of the credit sink. Like i said previously, the game's economy was at it's healthiest state this year during and before summer. Suddenly 10m creds was still worth something, now it's once again just trash creds.
    10m credz being a significant amount is just not realistic. I can farm that much in an hour with a froob, just by killing stuff in the Reck and processing blood plasma. So prices as pretty much always determined by the "gold farming standard" ie the price afforadble by any fool who just farms creds.
    I am somewhat surprised that the cred sploits that went crazy before the patch did not have much effect on prices (except GRACE and PoH LRs), AI armor prices did not fluctuate much. Despite lax controls, and some people completely disregarding decency the current situation is TAME compared to what was when I took a break in 2013. It was like 900m per supple bot, 1,2b for a BoC LR, 700m for an iGoc. So yeah, THAT was crazy. The game survived tho and the cred sinks helped a lot.
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by aramsunat View Post
    10m credz being a significant amount is just not realistic. I can farm that much in an hour with a froob, just by killing stuff in the Reck and processing blood plasma. So prices as pretty much always determined by the "gold farming standard" ie the price afforadble by any fool who just farms creds.
    I am somewhat surprised that the cred sploits that went crazy before the patch did not have much effect on prices (except GRACE and PoH LRs), AI armor prices did not fluctuate much. Despite lax controls, and some people completely disregarding decency the current situation is TAME compared to what was when I took a break in 2013. It was like 900m per supple bot, 1,2b for a BoC LR, 700m for an iGoc. So yeah, THAT was crazy. The game survived tho and the cred sinks helped a lot.
    I would argue that 10M in hour from farming is significant, and even reasonable state. That means alternative ways of selling stuff are viable and on other hand reachable by new players.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12