Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Anarchy Online Concept Art collection! Let's contribute to preserve game history.

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    @Keex, I already had it It's a potato since 14 years ago they had potatoes for cameras
    media / videos, trailers / interviews / TechTv_shadowlands_review_4of5_8nov2003.mpg
    Oh ok, I must have overlooked it
    The potatoness is probably mostly due to the extreme (and bad) compression required for it to be usable on internet connections at the time. I mean, it was the year Return of the King and Pirates of the Caribbean came out, so camera technology wasn't too bad :-)
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Amazing links. Especially the original concept art. Much more humor in that than what made the game - to the game's benefit, I think... cyberpunk was bleak and sensationalistic, rarely absurd.

The first manual was 76 pages long?! Holy smokes. Can you imagine that in a game today? Maybe all the info on a game's forum adds up to the same or more but what actually ships with the game (if, in fact, they still ship the game at all) being 76 pages - a small book?! Fun to look at.
    Last edited by If6was9; May 7th, 2017 at 03:13:40. Reason: cleanup, paragraphs, expanding on some ideas.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorathon View Post
    Wouldn't it be better if all the attributes were combined into one skill called "goodness?"

16th Anniversary - in - a - week bump! Feel the nostalgia while browsing the Gallery. It's all we have left

EDIT: Added 3 new concept arts, never before seen, from Ole Jacob Kielland, an artist on AO! You can find them high res in the gallery
    1x LotX, 1x LE, 1x New Player experience?

2nd Edit:
    Added one more LotX image found on Markersketches
    Last edited by Timba; Jun 20th, 2017 at 00:59:55.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Happy anniversary AO and happy anniversary for one year since the gallery has been up!

- Added a new image that apparently has the translation of the Shadow language used in SL writings! http://www.deviantart.com/art/Shadow...font-468284801

(SL/concept_art)

This actually seems to work, as I was able to translate a few Shadowlands things (doomsday machines, salvaged items, etc).
    Last edited by Timba; Jul 2nd, 2017 at 22:45:42.

Keep alive bump! Feel free to share if you have any other related material/pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Timba View Post
    Happy anniversary AO and happy anniversary for one year since the gallery has been up!

- Added a new image that apparently has the translation of the Shadow language used in SL writings! http://www.deviantart.com/art/Shadow...font-468284801

(SL/concept_art)

This actually seems to work, as I was able to translate a few Shadowlands things (doomsday machines, salvaged items, etc).
    Ah you still got that picture ! Nice. I've once tried to translate the big door behind Number 9 before the that "new" instance was released. Thought I would open those pesky CoH chest but no... Also SL is al over the place with funny text, so if you have time there is enough to read.
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234