Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding the new patch on test wich will be inc live.

yeah - PvPers, after geting ALL items in game and rolling all alts still play the game - PVMers have nothing to do and cry for new content... we just want a balance things out.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

All bonuses to this new perk line are just stupid and not needed.
    The only requirements and benefits should be :
    AI 10 for perma AI tech 1
    AI 20 for perma AI tech 2
    AI 30 for perma AI tech 3
    Adding 50 CL to level 200 means that every class and race will be able to equip pande belt easily.
    Adding even more bonuses for level 201 -220 will unballance game even more.

Took me almost 6 month to farm all items needed to equip Pande belt on level 200 Atrox Enfo and now it look like I wasted a lot of time for nothing, because now every single level 200 "twink" will be able to do it in 1 week...

I wrote it many times : dumbing down AO will not make it as popular as WoW but will surely make more veterans quit.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    All bonuses to this new perk line are just stupid and not needed.
    The only requirements and benefits should be :
    AI 10 for perma AI tech 1
    AI 20 for perma AI tech 2
    AI 30 for perma AI tech 3
    Adding 50 CL to level 200 means that every class and race will be able to equip pande belt easily.
    Adding even more bonuses for level 201 -220 will unballance game even more.

Took me almost 6 month to farm all items needed to equip Pande belt on level 200 Atrox Enfo and now it look like I wasted a lot of time for nothing, because now every single level 200 "twink" will be able to do it in 1 week...

I wrote it many times : dumbing down AO will not make it as popular as WoW but will surely make more veterans quit.
    So could you show me how a 200 shade equips a panda belt?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

After rechecking my setup a Shade still can't get Belt on, oh well.
    Last edited by Rockdizzle; Jun 20th, 2016 at 17:13:27.

I think that was not his point - now some classes will be stronger no matter what breed, and some still will be "punished". Thats not balance. Also, Trox is now best choice - no real penealty in nano points/cl/nano usage but huge boost in Stamina (HD) and HP.

When I build my NM enfs I was sure I will get adventage over Troxes with better nano skills - now most nanos are level locked (or TL locked), and having ultra high skills is no adventage - game tends to go over troxes a lot now.

Now, my NM enf has Pande belt since 2 years, but it was EXTREMALY hard work and, it is NM (I have penealties for being NM). Now, all troxes can get Pande Belt and guess what? NM gets worse by default. (No mention that 2hb in pvp is 60% lower dmg rate then any dualwield)...
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

so when can Neut wear awaken board ^_=?
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

So essentially agent perks got -300ish AR nerf depending on the person they are attacking's evades. To me that means AR built agents are down from around 5k to 4600-4700 effective perk AR and regular agents are 4000-4300 perk AR. I still feel that's too high. With NCU windows open to everyone and one button perk alphas combined with agents sneak capacity active evaders are still fish in a barrel to agents. 4000 AR is greater than the static evades of adv, crat, ma, shade, and traders are more than two drains away from safety. So still gamebreaking to active evaders.

If agents are to keep such a high AR, then their perks need chains so there is no "one button press and win" against active evaders. Agents always have the ability to bypass any active evade perks because they can attack from sneak with all their perks. Shades have it, it's time agents got it.
    Last edited by Mountaingoat; Jun 20th, 2016 at 20:06:37.

Tweaking the defense checks on agent perks is a start, but it's not enough. Make it so the perks from shadowsneak and sharpshooter can only be executed (on player characters) if visual profession = agent. That would make agents have to chose between maximum offense and the versatility/defense of fp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomidor View Post
    Now, all troxes can get Pande Belt and guess what? NM gets worse by default. (No mention that 2hb in pvp is 60% lower dmg rate then any dualwield)...
    Such qq.

Find a different way to leverage your breed dude. The HP difference is about 1k. The nanopool difference is about 3k. On my 200 trox enf, I can cast 3 nanos, then need to stim. Do you really think that NM is that bad? I mean, you chose it, just deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Such qq.

Find a different way to leverage your breed dude. The HP difference is about 1k. The nanopool difference is about 3k. On my 200 trox enf, I can cast 3 nanos, then need to stim. Do you really think that NM is that bad? I mean, you chose it, just deal with it.
    If the HP difference is 1k, that would elude to 500 body dev.
    If the NP difference is 3k, that would elude to 1500 nano pool.

I'd say you're way off on your numbers.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Level 200 Shade is probably the only profession that will not be able to equip pande belt because they can not use implants and spirits are level locked and you can not chose clusters, but thats not the point.
    For last few years the only level range that was fun to pvp was 150-200 (at least for me).

The lower levels at least in my opinion are too much focused and dependent on amount of NCU and OSBs that you can use. That is another problem and I do not want to disscuss "strategy" of keeping twinks and buffing characters ready for tower wars as well as logistics behind it.
    Pvp at level 220 is even more boring as every endgame "twink" (there is hardly any twinking involved at level 220) has to select his set up and strategy and equiping it is very easy.

150 to 200 is the only level range when designing and equiping your character is as important (or even more important) than your "manual skills", keybinding and strategy during fight.
    With the exception of level locked items majority of level 200 twinks (and for some professions even lower) can equip any end game items like QL 300 alien armour or QL 300 Ofab armour or weapons.
    Is it easy?
    NO !
    but thats what makes it fun and challange.
    It requires a loooooot of time farming items from HI, Biodomes, Pandemonium as well as other quest items and/or nodrops.
    Then you have to carefully plan your twink do several of full perk resets and few backpacks of custom built implants for ladering different skills.

All of this makes a difference between dedicated twinker and casual pvper, but the recent changes as well as announced patch will destroy it.
    If you compare AO 10 years ago or even 5 years ago and now then you will see that everything is a lot easier and faster (leveling, twinking, reseting perks etc.)
    It took me 2-3 years to level my first character to 220 and the last character I leveled to 220 was finished in under 3 months (including full research and AI30)

Leveling, farming items, credits, twinking etc. all what makes AO so fun but if its too easy then there is no challange and no fun....

What "genious" idea will FC implement next?
    Maybe selling ready twinks for money???
    You would only chose your level, profession, breed and chose what items do you want to have equipped on it !

Anybody who wants fair pvp that depends only on manual skills and does not involve "wasting time" on leveling and equiping your character should play CS and not AO.
    Last edited by Awikun; Jun 21st, 2016 at 08:50:27.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

I found the new research line to be over the top in turn of bonuses. It could be that the way I play AO, with access to buffs, twinking gear, Org, getting anything in AO is easy. So I can imagine the other end of the stick with players not having access to the same type of assistance as me finds this as prayers being answered. For me however I see this as a purely negative trend, everything is becoming too wasy, the power creep is all to real. I always thought that the reason one plays an MMO was to make friends and become more and more powerfull.

Even at this day and age where my Org has shrunk to a mere shadow of its former existance, and being able to only rely on a handfull of friends. Getting stuff done is still easy, yes it might take longer than before, because we don't dedicate 8+ hours per day to AO anymore. But we still find that raiding is cake, the way things are heading is making what we loved about AO (being hard and a complex beast) a thing of the past, and my personal feelings is that the current trend is not beneficial to the game.
    Its hard not pointing to the pink elephant in the room that is WoW, but AO is starting to feel like it.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I totally agree... I'd love to see items in the game that maybe no one can actually wear yet (or atleast no way known for wearing it, to Michizure). The Nanoscaling stuff was a good start but just plain /more/ of that would be awesome. Gear you really have to work your ass of again to get on as a 220, assuming you know all the obscure stuff, have a really fancy multi-layered twinking setup and need to be the right breed and prof for (not because of locks, but because otherwise you can't get enough stats).

That and encounters that are really hard would be awesome again.
    Shhhsss. Careful. Behind all the colours, there are ears, ears who listen.

What is the problem? Agents perk 10-15% less easy. Slight change to see how it goes.

Ai3 at lvl10 research?

Is that really an issue? I guess if you want a totally balanced duels, some professions can swap Awakened armor on and gain complete heal... and some cannot.

Still that means you need 2-3 sets of multi billion credit armor to pull it off. But since when were duels not always like that? And I would love to see people swapping Awakened on most professions where it would be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Powercreep is expected, but now i'de like some new symbs that LEVEL (make it really high so breed once again matters) and are overall better
    Next thing to implement perhaps.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Let me first say i don't do PvP, except for one in a blue moon when i stumble upon the Battlestation and feel like being food for the dedicated PvP'ers. Which i totally expect, and the odd time when i kill someone i do feel great.

I can see the slight issue with Trox being the better choice overall in pvp, as the others more or less simply don't compete to top standards these days. Ofcourse that do not mean the other races can't be twinked and pimped out enough so that they can do well, or even great.

But i would wish there was abit bigger difference between the breeds, than there are currently.

Do i think this game is beginning to be like WoW ? Not even close, not by a long shot. Powercreep is to be expected, and things to move forward.

I like this new research line, and i hope there are more things to come such a less NODROP on items, or in the very least make some account bound. I always thought that was a great idea.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Quote Originally Posted by TheNilvarg View Post
    Hey PvPers - stop whining. Funcom doesn't need more excuses to nerf all of just just because PvPers are a bunch of crybabies.
    Like every prof isnt OP mode for pvm anyway? Everything is too easy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12