Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - May 2016 (Another Year Older)

thought I read something starting on the 27th

ETA:found what I read, it's the very first thing you see at the start of this thread
    Hey everyone! Sorry for how late this update is. This month we’ll be covering what is coming with the Anniversary update, scheduled to arrive on Testlive next week, and Live the week prior to the actual 15th Anniversary, which will be Monday, June 27th.
    Last edited by MrXaatXuun; Jun 11th, 2016 at 04:31:59.
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

So a week prior to 27th is 20th?

That's how I read it
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

dear valued fc, gamers, whiners, crying babies and citizens of rubi ka,

i just want to say im looking forward on the new engine, steam, and ao gonna be wow killer in the future
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

So if I want this new armor do I need to purchase another month even though I have a year prepaid?

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    So if I want this new armor do I need to purchase another month even though I have a year prepaid?
    Given the way its worded, id say probably so. It doesn't sound its included in the membership rewards. Wonder what a "number of account rewards" translates to
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Quote Originally Posted by gresh View Post
    Given the way its worded, id say probably so. It doesn't sound its included in the membership rewards. Wonder what a "number of account rewards" translates to
    Thanks, I was wondering the same and thought maybe it would be included.

Notum Tower Changes
    With this update, all tower sites will have the ability to have a pre-defined time during the day that they will be able to be attacked. The initial implementation will divide up tower plots into 3 categories: 2 based on the most popular times players are active, and 1 to remain with the current system, where the attacking organization can set the timer.

These times are subject to change, as needed. The intention of this change to to assure that a larger group of the game's population will be able to participate in tower wars, without having to live in Hawaii. For those in the Oceania Time Zone, there will still be a crop of towers that can cater to your time zone. In addition to this, more towers will be made available in a wider QL-range within the tower shops, to help with towers changing hands over the coming weeks.

New Research Line
    With this update, we will be offering a new personal research line that will be available to all professions. The intention will be offer a new set of levels to obtain for end-game characters, with an additional reward for anyone who is additionally AI-level 30.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Essentialy worse moment in AO for me was when i dinged 220/70/30 on my main. Game stoped right then and there. Sure i did new alts, but nothing like my first true love, wanna ding that one a bit more.

And towers... tower swaping timezones... worst thing ever. Fixing this so towers are open during prime time. Good change. Not the only thing towers need, but a good start. This should abandon stupid tower transfers and stuff people did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Engineer Grenade weapoons with more specials please. Im sure everyone is tired of Pistol this and pistol that. Give sloth of the Xan As and revive the demolitions perk line.

Tower Wars are dead: look at These fields...

3y 3mo 12d 14h TLR 2 100 - 150 Cold
    3y 3mo 11d 3h SEB 1 55 - 70 Cold
    3y 3mo 10d 20h SFH 5 61 - 100 Hot
    3y 3mo 9d 16h NLD 5 40 - 60 Cold
    3y 3mo 3d 6h TLR 8 60 - 90 Cold
    1y 10mo 20d 18h 4ho 6 35 - 50 Cold
    1y 9mo 18d 5h Clon 5 35 - 50 Cold
    1y 8mo 9d 13h GTC 3 37 - 64 Cold
    1y 8mo 7d 3h Andro 4 40 - 90 Cold
    1y 6mo 11d 5h Andro 8 70 - 105 Cold

I think the half of all Towers should be patched out... and Michi do something new... replace the Towers and the battlestation against a pvp playfield.
    Last edited by Alves; Jun 15th, 2016 at 16:04:41.
    A Game without any new updates, is a dead game...

http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/FUNCOM:NO - Funcom: Probability-Of-Bankruptcy 54% - https://www.vg247.com/2015/08/11/age...m-up-for-sale/
    No more developing MMO's - http://cdn.funcom.com/investor/2016/...2016_Plans.pdf

Membership Offer & Frozen Accounts
    For this anniversary, we will be offering a new membership offer. In addition to bonus months of play time, and a number of account rewards, we will be offering a new set of armor: Preview. In addition to the rewards from these offers, months purchased via any of these offers will go towards the Membership Rewards.
    I would personally add even more enticing offers as far as XP bonuses goes. Would it really be harmful for old and new players alike to progress faster to the level they wish to partake in? They can always lock at a certain level to enjoy whatever content they want. So in short: A Leet Pet that you summon that wears a bureaucrat suit and gives huge XP bonus e.g 50% when purchasing the 360 or 540 day option.

Systems Changes
    This patch will offer the first larger crop of profession changes since last year’s 18.7 update; while this patch will be far smaller in scope, it will be the first of more regular updates to deal with lingering balance issues.
    I'm sure there are a lot of excellent profession changes coming but also keep in mind to give all professions something that makes them attractive. Maybe group perks that do something special to make all professions more attractive. It doesn't have to be a gigantic project, just as long as it serves the purpose of making all professions a bit more attractive to team with.

[EDIT] Oh and Steam for x-mas, pretty please!
    Last edited by Gargle; Jun 15th, 2016 at 19:10:39.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    I would personally add even more enticing offers as far as XP bonuses goes. Would it really be harmful for old and new players alike to progress faster to the level they wish to partake in? They can always lock at a certain level to enjoy whatever content they want. So in short: A Leet Pet that you summon that wears a bureaucrat suit and gives huge XP bonus e.g 50% when purchasing the 360 or 540 day option.
    +1 +1 +1

So +3?

Make it stack with crat XP bonus's too

Quote Originally Posted by xayle View Post
    +1 +1 +1

So +3?

Make it stack with crat XP bonus's too
    My alts already get 200% xp gain with 4holes buff...

While towers are nice to have for personal bonusses and, a nice Grid exit (when the location is favorable) and a little side exp bonus, they do not give any Org bonus and polute the Horizon...
    So, if an org has a (or multiple) field(s) (depending on QL): A higher AI drop chance in the City, Lower upkeep cost of the City, and for what else a city is good for? (Time to expand a City's use as well).
    Tower field could also function as an extra "CC" location where an Org can start an AI raid (lvl of the raid depending on the field QL) with a higher chance of (new) loot, but enabling PvP.
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Dunno sitting at 1500 contract points is a pretty powerful Org bonus.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Oops forgot about those :P So used of being Neutral and not having any :P
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Aimzor View Post
    Oops forgot about those :P So used of being Neutral and not having any :P
    Hehe
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I dunno if this is true but at around 2:50 is Henry Senger and sounds like he works on TSW. So does that mean Michi does double duty on TSW and AO? Maybe people should quit bitching so much if this is true (even if its not should quit bitching anyways since you are lucky to have a game) Could be another Henry Senger but that is a weird coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow35Gj5GxHg

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    I dunno if this is true but at around 2:50 is Henry Senger and sounds like he works on TSW. So does that mean Michi does double duty on TSW and AO? Maybe people should quit bitching so much if this is true (even if its not should quit bitching anyways since you are lucky to have a game) Could be another Henry Senger but that is a weird coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ow35Gj5GxHg
    I couldn't care less about the politics or gossip, but someone or Michi did announce at one point that he would be working on some TSW related stuff. This was a long time ago and before he took on AO in a new role.

As far as I know when they restructured Funcom to get a handle on the poor finances they announced that they would try to consolidate some tasks so that several people could work on all three MMOs and make it more efficient (aka stop the hemorrhaging of the cash).

From here on out I'm glad that the game still exists, and I just hope that before all is said and done that we will experience AO in spectacular VR because some rich studio or investor decided to buy the IP and hire the current plus new staff for the game and relaunch it with "Classic AO" and "Anarchy Online 2, renamed to Prophet without Honour".

One can dream...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Yes unfortunately they exploit the hell out of him - this is why he is so silent here - because has 2 jobs (maybe 3).
    Very sad for a company which claims to be big.

And yep we are fortunate to have him here ! And he is doing very nice job also ...
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast