Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Funcoms weeks shorter then the rest of the world?

Funcoms weeks shorter then the rest of the world?

So, ran over to Icc this morning to pull the daily mission from Arbiter Vincenzo Palmiero, When i got there i noticed he was nowhere to be found, petitioned it to confirm that it was suposed to be like that and got in response "Its working as intended now" Meaning he's not there for a week, seems he's there for aslong as it suits fc.

Got to recheck my subs to see that Funcom's month really is a month aswell now i guess.

He appears and dissaperas early on Sundays. That is a week. Thanks for wasting customer support time.
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Well if you actually had any experience at all with these dailies you know that what you just stated is wrong, I really should quote George Carlin to you but.

That's just very odd.

Last couple times it ended on Monday morning (meaning we could still pull missions on Sunday). This time it ended on Sunday morning.
    Guess the "working as intended now" means they fixed the 'week' to the correct week. Since a new week starts on Sunday and not Monday.
    Characters:
    Legendfluff (with many accounts of froobs)

Froob Level 5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/I19c92X.jpg
    Froob atrox Lv5 Collar: http://i.imgur.com/2zVqTX9.jpg

With the onset of awakened beast armor, we can now equip Alpha chest on Atrox Soldiers & Alpha Brain on Atrox Doctors.

Quote Originally Posted by Legendfluf View Post
    Since a new week starts on Sunday and not Monday.
    In the US, maybe, but, for example, in most parts of the EU, the week starts on Monday. Also, Sunday or Monday, but in which timezone? It's possible that the switch occurs at an inconvenient time for you (like the middle of the night) so that the period is effectively shorter for you because of the time lost due to timezone offset, but it's in fact 7 days.

"All things point to that they didn't play to win, but for the game itself and to play well. ... Later in their evolution, they forgot all about playing and having fun. When their corrupted minds only cared for what new ways they could gain power, there was no room for the simple things in life."
    - One Who Will Always Listen
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment."
    - Librarian Isador Aikos, W40k: Dawn of War
    "If you want to make enemies... try to change something."
    - Adam Jensen, Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Well atleast here in eu the quest became available sunday night, and ended sat night, meaning 6 days not 7 as they state.

I fully agree with Acidflame.
    No matter what country or timezone you're in: One week equals seven days.

This time Palmiero disappeared a whole day too early. If this is working as intended I have to say it's pretty silly. Sundays are for most people free days and thus they play a lot. Taking something away that runs on a timer on such a day, causes nothing but frustration for those with limited time.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Considering last week it disappeared on Saturday and this week it's now Monday and still not spawned, I suspect some GM has to spawn and despawn it manually each week? It would be a little wtf if they can't automate that though, if it were automated it should be regular though, right?
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Yeah, it's most likely a manual spawn trigger, because someone can't work out a cron syntax for every 2nd week.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

... and i am still waiting!

btw, i heard there is no palmiero on testserver too!
    Last edited by Derenbruder; Jun 13th, 2016 at 11:06:51.

Yeah well were in 2016 atm, and ao still uses cron timers on the mail system for each 5 mins, so they actually worked that out, tho its the worst system i've ever seen.

Humbl: (15:03) To [Raetos]: yep, i am online (15:03) [Raetos (GM)]: Unfortunately we cannot give out spoilers so I cannot tell you when it will spawn I am sorry. (15:03) To [Raetos]: ouh, thats sad (15:04) To [Raetos]: well, patchnotes told us that palmiero/arbiter drone spawns every second week (15:04) To [Raetos]: so its 1 day after the second week (15:04) [Raetos (GM)]: Yes and it will spawn eventually when it's supposed to. (15:05) To [Raetos]: hmmm, ok (15:05) To [Raetos]: wll, thank you for responding.

Yep yep yep

Someone hand them a calendar.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

RALPH: Arbiter Vincenzo Palmiero is an Arbiter of ICC. He is a busy individual who normally makes time to return to this office at the start of each month. He expresses some sort of apology if you have missed him, but he will probably return.
    Ciassene

Still waiting

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"

wow . . maybe Vincenzo Palmiero is stuck in Customs , trying to smuggle something in and got caught.
    Xaatsha2 ++Current setup++ - The Main
    Xaatma2 - Formally know as 'The Main'
    Xaatphd2-Future Doc . Xaatkeep
    -Future Keeper . Xaatmur -Future MP

And he's still not up...

EDIT:
    And it's getting close to the end of Monday in my land. This is most frustrating.
    Last edited by Wakizaka; Jun 13th, 2016 at 20:53:17.

maybe AO police got Vincenzo Palmiero banned?
    Ciassene

Ah, well i dont really mind, all my subs ran out a few days ago, timing the subs after the new daily now as i see no point in playing the week between the dailies ;P

Arbiter's Herald is up at bore grid for a few days telling people to go to ICC and get the quest, but the GM told you it's not meant to be up? Or is that bore NPC always there? I assumed it would be spawned at the same time.
    Organisation - Punk
    "Foobar" - 220 Keeper
    "Warfang" - 220 Fixer
    "Exoblast" - 220 NT
    "Venomisto" - 220 Agent
    "Tykot" - 207 Agent
    "Ramjet" - 164 Fixer
    PvP Vids: AOPunk on Youtube

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast