Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - April 2016 (Let's Talk)

Very cool Michizure, glad to see long time/existing subscribers are being viewed as valuable. It always rubbed me the wrong way how in the past new rewards would come out for subscribing, but existing long term subscribers already on the 12 month plan were never rewarded (unless they ridiculously added ANOTHER 12 months on top).

I think Means statement at the time was some nonsense along the lines of not thinking existing loyal subscribers should automatically be deserving of the new rewards. That was essentially the same thing as saying "Hey, we already HAVE your money, what use are you to us anymore?"
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

You mean to say that the /assist changes aimed at hampering MBs that people such as myself said wouldn't actually nerf the dedicated MBers, only nerf non-MBers... hasn't actually nerfed the dedicated MBers, only the non-MBers? Say it aint so!

Anyway, it seems like we have a hands-are-tied issue here. And a resounding silence from the community team/person. That is both sad and ominous. I applaud Michi for trying to keep pushing the game forward. Where is the support?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Due to restructuring the ao team now contains of 2 members, odonoptera is responsible for managing the community, customer service, tech support, server, and michizure is responsible for fixing bugs, game design, marketing, billing, etc
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Due to restructuring the ao team now contains of 2 members, odonoptera is responsible for managing the community, customer service, tech support, server, and michizure is responsible for fixing bugs, game design, marketing, billing, etc
    If this is true ... then ... is simply sad and depressing.
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

The "restructuring" was mostly to save a buck but to also allow the remaining employees to change from game to game when needed with just a couple always on 1 game.

When AO gets any of those extra coders and such we will probably never know but I imagine it's less than we'd hope.

It's been like that since Genele and Macrosun left afaik.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Genele and Lindelu were both HUGE dissasters for AO ...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

New content is great but... how about the new engine we waited 10 years for it and all we got is 'nice grass' with a lot of crashing. Is anyone still working on it or was it just marked as 'Completed' and moved on??

Quote Originally Posted by nepherius View Post
    New content is great but... how about the new engine we waited 10 years for it and all we got is 'nice grass' with a lot of crashing. Is anyone still working on it or was it just marked as 'Completed' and moved on??
    I'd say that's one of the bigger issues that definitely needs attention...
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Hello everyone. April has been an...interesting month. While not everything went as planned, we at least have things to talk about.

Thank you!

This month did not go entirely as planned, but I do hope everyone is enjoying the Palmiero's Quests and any new Veteran or Membership Rewards they were eligible to obtain. I am sorry to anyone who has fallen on the wrong side of Veteran Points being missing...we will try to remedy this, either by the planned matching of points across a Funcom account, or the gradual infusion of points over time. I am also sorry for the terrible lack of forewarning with the removal of Veteran Account creation, Account Merging, and Character transfers. We have restored Character Transfers, but only between accounts under the same Funcom account; this was mostly to prevent certain abuses of these systems, and because they weren't as relevant with the new systems that have been put in place...it was a good time to remove these, but the lack of warning was inexcusable. All of that said, the Anniversary update is coming along nicely. I very much look forward to celebrating Anarchy Online's 15th anniversary, and then continuing work to ensure we will be here for another 15 years. Thank you all and have a great May!
    Thank you Michi ...

Could you consider leaving the Drone in place all the time instead of every other week like the Arbiter?

Emma

Dear Michizure,

AO, Steam, ASAP, pretty please.

Yours Faithfully,
    Infrequent Forum User & Troll,
    Gargle
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomium View Post
    I say this with all love and humor, but...

haters gonna hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    You mean to say that the /assist changes aimed at hampering MBs that people such as myself said wouldn't actually nerf the dedicated MBers, only nerf non-MBers... hasn't actually nerfed the dedicated MBers, only the non-MBers? Say it aint so!
    +1 Unhappily, I told you so moment.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Steam, engine, etc are likeley out of teams hands.... So wont go in to that...

Rewards... Having 13 months of gametime, I love the new rewards... Felt appropriate useful. Just nice.

System/gameplay changes. I wish these would be delivered monthly. One profession per month. Just go alphabetically or something fix one at a time and release.

It would give entire community something to do for entire month. If all professions are bunched in to one patch we only get one update per year and rather booring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Gargle View Post
    Dear Michizure,

AO, Steam, ASAP, pretty please.
    I'm not entirely sure what you think this will accomplish, other than muddying the already murky waters of the "unplayed ancient games" list in the steam client.
    After 15 years of availability, AO isn't ignored by most sane people because its unknown, infact if it WAS unknown (both the game and FC's reputation) it would likely get more attention.

At this point in its lifespan, even the wartyest of trolls must surely understand that AO is not going to get better, the population is NOT going to expand, it is NOT going to miraculously cough and splutter its way back to the healthy levels of its heyday.

The best anyone can hope for is to retain what little population it has left, for as long as it can before time is called at the bar and everyone is given the boot.
    Lets be honest, if AO was a beloved family pet, it would have been humanely put to sleep to prevent further suffering years ago.

Try to content yourself with what you have, for the little time you have left. Convincing yourself that something as minor as being lost in an endless list of early access and indie games on steam is going to bring any benefit, is simply setting yourself up for disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by egadsrk2 View Post
    In the case of this little drama, Party A created a situation. Party B perpetuated it with name calling. Party A finished it with violence...
    I was "party A"

Its more just for our benefit. See when friends log in, easily installed through the Steam client. Its just nice, sure you can add it to Steam after to get most those benefits it would just be more convenient. The engine update fully fixed the Steam overlay crash. It even works great with inviting a friend to stream your screen on Steam once its added.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

just here to say i echo steam + engine work as priorities for the game as a player.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

The little population that AO has left is enough to make AO one of Funcom's profitable products...wait, what? The "little" population and steady stream of brand new players is actually making money? Who knew?

AO does need better retention of the newbies though.

I feel like noobie retention could be easily achieved if some small tweaks to the Arete quest and prices in the stores for low QL items were adjusted.

Meh...
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by Vinkera View Post
    I feel like noobie retention could be easily achieved if some small tweaks to the Arete quest and prices in the stores for low QL items were adjusted.

Meh...
    Good point ! Someone new to the game needs to make a living at least for one toon (nanos, implants, etc.)
    Missions should reward a bit more credits or loot selling to npc should be a bit more profitable.

Anyway, you know why people in general do not like AO ? Have you ever wonder ?
    Because this game is a wonderful game but you need some BRAIN to actually enjoy it. You need to READ a lot, you need to SUFFER a lot in order to see a product (your toon) getting near a perfect shape. And the big masses do not like that.
    Every kid wants to log in, jump in the best toon and get on the roll yelling "LUL". This game is so good it doesn't really need any "bling-bling" graphics.
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

fc must not forget that the reason ao have lived this long is thanks for the froobie program back in early 2005, when ao was about to die. i never forget this, its why during my last 3 years in ao i have been spending all my ingame time doing whatever i can to help the newbies, weakest players/neutrals and froobs in ao enjoying the game, i did whatever i could in trying to make the gameplay more easier and fun for the them, and i learned that all the changes fc have made through out the years make me believe fc dont like froobs and newbies. this is too bad fc, because there is no point in getting new players if you dont know how to keep them. the only hope fc have now as i can see it, is to repeat what they did in 2005 which saved ao.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast