Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2016 (April Fooled)

I think all the people you mentioned need special forum icons.

Notable occasion: first time EVER I haven't gotten annoyed at something psikie wrote.

Well I'll be damned (Not that I was personally affected by transfers going away, but almost everyone else I know who plays was.)

This may need a launcher note? Unless one has popped up overnight already.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Funcom employee

I updated the launcher note, yeah.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Odonoptera

Anarchy Online Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

Jesus Christ, what a trainwreck.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    New currency to grind and some weird rewards for people who have long subs.
    People like me.... Was so happy. 15th was my birthday and I got an account slot free powerleveling to 100 and some goodies. Good job FC. First time I feel rewarded for being a subscriber.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Why can't people see that newer subscribers got thrown under the bus in the name of greed with this update.... We now have some players with like 450 vet points and others under 100 and no way to even out that gap. If you missed a vet item no more pts out of luck...

Please name 5 useful vet items (in order of usefulness if I'm not asking too much). Asking because I see only 3 and they cost 70 vet points in total
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    Please name 5 useful vet items (in order of usefulness if I'm not asking too much). Asking because I see only 3 and they cost 70 vet points in total
    Nano Crystal (Insight into the Shadowlands) 7VP
    Insurance Claim Recall Beacon 50 VP
    Rubi-Ka Recall Beacon 10 VP
    Shadowlands Recall Beacon 10 VP
    Veteran Token (You need 20 for fast 1k Board) 7 VP each, total of 140 VP
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

I always found the yalmaha usefull as well.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

and the tutu is good in pvp for distraction enemies
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Well, given the savaging of Vet Points on newly rolled characters (and the loss of phasefront points so no more piles of bikes and outfits), I see absolutely no reason to roll any more characters. They will be gimped and missing out on all the basic starting stuff my other characters had. I get all the stuff on that list above including the Yalm on all of my characters, and that's without considering any of the new stuff or the social fluff. The test character I rolled after this patch wouldn't even be able to get those basics.

I don't even know if I can claim and use the free character slot because my primary account already has 16 characters on it (I rescued my RK2 characters after the merge by using subscription FC points to buy the last 4 slots, and the slots item says no more than 16 slots per account or something like that). I'm not particularly willing to risk breaking my account to test it out either.

All in all, poor show.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Well, given the savaging of Vet Points on newly rolled characters (and the loss of phasefront points so no more piles of bikes and outfits), I see absolutely no reason to roll any more characters. They will be gimped and missing out on all the basic starting stuff my other characters had. I get all the stuff on that list above including the Yalm on all of my characters, and that's without considering any of the new stuff or the social fluff. The test character I rolled after this patch wouldn't even be able to get those basics.

I don't even know if I can claim and use the free character slot because my primary account already has 16 characters on it (I rescued my RK2 characters after the merge by using subscription FC points to buy the last 4 slots, and the slots item says no more than 16 slots per account or something like that). I'm not particularly willing to risk breaking my account to test it out either.

All in all, poor show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macrosun View Post

I am happy to announce that additional character slots are now available from the in-game item shop (not the account pages), and will appear in the "Hot Items" category.

You will be able to buy up to 8 additional slots per account, and these slots are in addition to any bonus slots you may have received during the server merge. The additional slots are currently priced at 1200 Funcom points per slot.

For subscribers who received the bonus slots during the merge, the total maximum of slots is 20 per account. For normal subscribers the maximum is 18 slots, and for free players the maximum is 16 slots.

Last edited by Macrosun; Nov 21st, 2013 at 23:24:01.
    Looks to me like FC managed to either miscommunicated inwards as to how character slots is supposed to work. Or they simply managed to fudge up what was promised.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

All in all, poor show.
    Its called "Fun"Com...you didnt see the fun? The fun is, that FunCom destroy things, that every1 is fine with, and "improve" things that noone was talking about.

I mean the most important things that every1 here is talking about is #1 Balance in PvP, #2 MB in PvP, #3 Content.

PoH was fine, but something for a long time motivation would be helpfull like something that is difficult to get...The Reck is like a dead area, for what?

NotumWars is one part what AO makes UNIQUE to other games: Hello FunCom...NW/Mass PvP its dead since you allowed everyone to Multibox? Do you thing some changes are needed? Do you thing that we are talking for fun about this issue? Maybe NW was a big longtime motivation to play AO and not a some daily missions?

Jesus christ what is so hart to understand that you need to focus things that we want.
    Carolus Hekthor Priamos - Advisor of S.I.N.C

All in all, poor show.
    I'm still trying to find this for three toons no longer in game as far as I can tell. If anybody knows where its hiding tell me please... http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=284794

Just look at the ugly yellow phase front yalms in the store when the new and improved changes for phasefront went into game. That there is the proof if you miss out on something it is never fixed or returned to the game. If you don't get it when you are able fc will take it from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Nano Crystal (Insight into the Shadowlands) 7VP
    Insurance Claim Recall Beacon 50 VP
    Rubi-Ka Recall Beacon 10 VP
    Shadowlands Recall Beacon 10 VP
    Veteran Token (You need 20 for fast 1k Board) 7 VP each, total of 140 VP
    Nice call !
    I should have said "5 useful vet items found ONLY in vet shop" - yes beacons I found also useful (70 vet points), but tokens ... come on
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    Nice call !
    I should have said "5 useful vet items found ONLY in vet shop" - yes beacons I found also useful (70 vet points), but tokens ... come on
    Tokens are great for lowbie twinks - go to the vet store and token board done - what's not to love?
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

thread has 13,000 views, i hope funcom notices that becose that is a long time ago they had in here.

now that they hold some attention to us i have some high hopes to hear about rebalance inc in next mounth.

time to nerf some maybe, i dont see how a freaking code or two can be so much to ask for when there has been so much threads about certain rebalance stuff.

Just thought it worth mentioning that this news, about changes to how the Vet system works and the exclusivity of it, has stopped a few people I know from resubscribing.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

any eta on when will character transfer be back btw?

removing that without warning was the kind of move only ea would make and you know it
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    any eta on when will character transfer be back btw?

removing that without warning was the kind of move only ea would make and you know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    Hey all,

We've gone ahead and re-enabled the character transfer service. This should help everybody transition into the new Membership system more smoothly.
    Would be interesting to know how it will work in the new system though.
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789