Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - March 2016 (April Fooled)

mich ftw no doubt, funcom on the other hand seem to be the problem

It does feel like they're driving the agenda here, not Michi. It would be best if they just backed off and left him to it, I'd say.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

''Note: After this update, Veteran Points will stop accruing over time'' - Michizure

So this indeed will mean those who acquired more Veteran Points will always have an advantage over those who didnt. FC needs to either set a cap, or they will be doing a huge mistake.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Why should there be a cap? On my oldest account a new character will have 465 points. Those of us who are older than dirt and been around here forever, putting the "Veteran" in "Veteran Points" while heaping thousands of dollars FC's way have every legitimate reason to keep our points. We should be capped to a point level of someone who hasn't payed and played half as long? Ridiculous.

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

Here's a quick idea about VetP... Keep them accumulating, but don't increase the amount the player (account) gets anymore. So, if you got 20 VetP last time, you should keep getting 20 on each cycle. If you got 6, then you keep on getting 6 from now on. Veterans will keep their advantage, and newer players will still get a chance to buy something from Veteran Shop one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffen View Post
    Why should there be a cap? On my oldest account a new character will have 465 points. Those of us who are older than dirt and been around here forever, putting the "Veteran" in "Veteran Points" while heaping thousands of dollars FC's way have every legitimate reason to keep our points. We should be capped to a point level of someone who hasn't payed and played half as long? Ridiculous.
    So what and who decides when someone is a veteran? And what stops someone from becoming one in The future? I've been playing since 06', i consider myself after ten years as a sort of a veteran. However, people who start today and plays ten years from now, would also become a veteran, after time. But you will still hade an advantage over them. That is why a CAP is more reasonable. So everyone can catch up eventually.
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    ''Note: After this update, Veteran Points will stop accruing over time'' - Michizure

So this indeed will mean those who acquired more Veteran Points will always have an advantage over those who didnt. FC needs to either set a cap, or they will be doing a huge mistake.
    i dont like the stop of vet points, and if they set a cap aswell i leave unless i get something back for all the vet points they take from me to reach the cap.
    i understand this isnt much of a concern for a new player with low points, but i been here since the begining and i shouldnt be freaking punished for it

still 1. april here?

Services and Offers Update Posted Today:
    https://forums.anarchy-online.com/sh...ces-amp-Offers

Notes (Effective Apr 13 at 1:00 PM EDT - That's today for those keeping track):
    Accounts may no longer be merged.
    The Character/Account Transfer service is no longer available.

You have got to be kidding me. Not even a warning?
    So we're just stuck with whatever toons we moved?

God, I hate this language filter.

I wish they'd fix things that were actually broken... This is going to make a lot of people cranky, I bet. I move toons around once in a while, so just taking that ability away is not something I'm a fan of, to say the least.

It's yet another thing no one will understand the reasoning for, myself included.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

"We’re investigating the possibility of the character transfer service returning at a later time, with new and improved functionality."

Better make that happen, I have a doc in the making, which I had planned to move to one of my other accounts.

That post is just pure and utter bull****. Along with the changes to all vet-related stuff incoming now. So much for being a veteran in this game, keep pissing on us!
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    Wish I could get a refund on veteran healing lab that thing has been junk for years now.
    Ha yeah. Fully upgraded and totally obsolete in every way compared to the newer Item Shop version I have.
    Last edited by Krause; Apr 13th, 2016 at 21:58:33.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

"Accounts may no longer be merged."
    "The Character/Account Transfer service is no longer available."

what in the hell are you doing??!!
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorOfMAnkind View Post
    "Accounts may no longer be merged."
    "The Character/Account Transfer service is no longer available."

what in the hell are you doing??!!

Cutting costs prolly.

We are a bunch of dumb childish people who are so emotionally attached to this game we will never let go of AO.

Time to squeeze a few more "Monets" out of this impressionist crowd. *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i dont like the stop of vet points, and if they set a cap aswell i leave unless i get something back for all the vet points they take from me to reach the cap.
    i understand this isnt much of a concern for a new player with low points, but i been here since the begining and i shouldnt be freaking punished for it
    I'm certainly against any artificial cap, and Michizure did state in the Monthy Developement Update that "The amount of points a new character will be born with should be maintained." I have no reason not to believe him but will certainly be among the first to hold him to it if that changes. I'm still less than thrilled about how the whole phasefront point thing was handled, however.

But yeah, I don't really see why they needed to change the vet point system at all anyway.

Maybe I should be getting my pitchfork sharpened. Think I still have enough torches....

My tone is a direct reflection of your attitude.

220 Wiseguy - Bureaucrat
    ... and a bevy of underequipped 220's

Account Created 16 July 2001

*Double Facepalm*

Michi ...tell us that someboy forced you at Gunpoint ....
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    *Double Facepalm*

Michi ...tell us that someboy forced you at Gunpoint ....
    i mean... considering his track record, yes, the corporate overlords at funcom probably forced him to do this.
    The vanity of others runs counter to our taste only when it runs counter to our vanity.

Tbh I'm pretty confused about these changes from customer point of view.
    Veteran points were pretty good bonus for the ones who play for long. The only thing that missed - is lack of useful items obtainable via vetpoints cept tokens.
    And now Funcom decides to make this worse (at least from current information customers have) and with that they also cancel some functionality that made some customers happy and gave lilbit extra income to Funcom itself.

Any marketologist tries to create a product that will increase overall income of a company and make customers happier, as far as to represent that new product as attractive as possible to reach maximum audience and max start-up sales.

Funcom announces their changes so it creates lots of doubts and a good number of "public" demotivations among audience, as far as cuts down own income in at least short-term perspective.
    Who knows, maybe thats a part of business-strategy, but, imo, such strategy is bad and can lead to fails instead of successes.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Tbh I'm pretty confused about these changes from customer point of view.
    Veteran points were pretty good bonus for the ones who play for long. The only thing that missed - is lack of useful items obtainable via vetpoints cept tokens.
    And now Funcom decides to make this worse (at least from current information customers have) and with that they also cancel some functionality that made some customers happy and gave lilbit extra income to Funcom itself.

Any marketologist tries to create a product that will increase overall income of a company and make customers happier, as far as to represent that new product as attractive as possible to reach maximum audience and max start-up sales.

Funcom announces their changes so it creates lots of doubts and a good number of "public" demotivations among audience, as far as cuts down own income in at least short-term perspective.
    Who knows, maybe thats a part of business-strategy, but, imo, such strategy is bad and can lead to fails instead of successes.
    FC is well known for their good decision making strategies where they do everything to get their customers happy...
    Valhall Guardians

Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I feel like Funcom was bought by Perfect World/Cryptic. 1 day change announcements and bad decisions over and over. Guess this is the modern game developer. Makes me want to stop playing games.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast