Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Monthly Development Update - February 2016 (Peaceful Intentions)

Quote Originally Posted by Winning View Post
    Update some tree models pretty please! Oh and the skybox from the still alive video too!
    These are the new tree's..... from 2010.
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...ys-interesting
    Or that specific person snapped indeed, at the coffee machine before starting the project.

Personally I didn't see any change...

There where also some new body's and heads being made but I guess that's information from that same era... (You know, back in 2010 when things where etc.etc.etc.etc.)....
    To Equip User Faction == Neutral

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    quack + arty

Unbalanceable at TL7. We not even sure to what extent awakened beast effects balance. Rebalance changes aren't fully tested/understood in depth. Any new items are going to make it more complicated to balance. But who cares. Its not like game was balanced before. Everyone just keep abusing OP stuff. its business as usual.
    Seems like you wasn't around at times when AI was like "just released". We had TL7 tower PvP fights that could last hours nonstop on one single field, as far as flagged bor PvP that used to last very long.
    Why? Because PvP was pretty well balanced, even at lowbie levels. We had almost no weaps with capped recharge and damage same time (except maybe agents), and I'd like to say that cap was 40% back then, just fyi.

Every oldie who was there in approx 2004-2005 period will join my point of view.

Somehow Funcom thinks that any new content should always come up with new phats, while I think new content should entertain people at a first place (like battlestation when it was just released, or NW as first expansion). New phats should only be introduced to balance current things even better.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    Seems like you wasn't around at times when AI was like "just released". We had TL7 tower PvP fights that could last hours nonstop on one single field, as far as flagged bor PvP that used to last very long.
    Why? Because PvP was pretty well balanced, even at lowbie levels. We had almost no weaps with capped recharge and damage same time (except maybe agents), and I'd like to say that cap was 40% back then, just fyi.

Every oldie who was there in approx 2004-2005 period will join my point of view.
    Rebalance would require too much juggling like lowering pvp cap to 20-25% but then doc/advy would be virtually unkillable. Or triple the effectiveness of AC in pvp which would give engi/keep an insane boost. Etc etc

Truth be told I dont think balance is actually possible without hard caps to AR, Def rating, hit points, and dmg.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

To sum it up...
    - More new content...
    - New currency?
    - A time locked mission thing... (I already have almost no time to play, let alone the ability to shape my schedule around AO...)

What about focussing on other stuff first?
    Graphics? Crashes? Glitches? Etc?

Everytime when I point people to AO, the first thing they say is: OMG the graphics look prehistoric...

Quote Originally Posted by tigerengi View Post
    To sum it up...

Everytime when I point people to AO, the first thing they say is: OMG the graphics look prehistoric...
    Very strange... minecraft is wildly popular with prehistoric graphics. Why is that? Playability maybe is more important than graphics? Just a thought.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Very strange... minecraft is wildly popular with prehistoric graphics. Why is that? Playability maybe is more important than graphics? Just a thought.
    Texture packs, but it's the game itself.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Fix gauntlet please... Make it spawn more often like every 7 hours... Or at will with lockout.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

no posts from Michi since he posted the feb update, over 1 month ago, it's April first and no new update, hope this doesn't mean bad things.
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

They probably kidnapped him for the new Conan game :S
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by metaluv View Post
    no posts from Michi since he posted the feb update, over 1 month ago, it's April first and no new update, hope this doesn't mean bad things.

Busy...

...packing.

Or he would just avoid postning news on The first of April, because everyone will just troll?
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I think the aliens finally managed to get him.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123