Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - February 2016 (Peaceful Intentions)

New items FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    I'm still waiting to see the instanced floors of Gauntlet open like iPande on a 4 hour lock timer...
    Same, I think this is the biggest bang/buck QoL improvement he can make.

Gauntlet fix would be great.. Maybe combined so it only opens every 6 days... So every few days. We would have a massive farming day at Gauntlet.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Artyomis View Post
    I'd love to know what items will be offered and (if there will be some new ones) - how will they affect balance overall.
    Who cares about balance when you can have more pvm and more STUFF!

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Last...

As AO seems to have been updated on Steam, is there any schedule for it's release there?

I'm curious about this too, no doubt steam would bring lots of new players.

Quote Originally Posted by nepherius View Post
    All the nostalgia aside, no, that will likely not happen (I don't like doom and gloom but face it, FC can't keep up..).

First there is the semi 2 client thing of which the newer one is still under construction (still looking old fashion because of the old AO assets being reused) - Just cut away the old client already. Second other MMORPG that are F2P or P2W that are way more up to date on graphics and have more people power behind it (Played Blade and Soul a.k.a. Boobs and Stuff) and to be honest it looks very nice, and the scenery as well. There is the in game f**-up market, rebalance, difficult progression for some TL's (being addressed, true) and not to speak about MBing.

Steam won't fix all of em... (if any...)

Quote Originally Posted by awikun View Post
    please look at "neut board" from poh cll requiremnts...
    The way it is now is more than stupid!
    bump this while i'm debating inbetween other gaming if i want to come back ^_^
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Tehnically, AO is on steam:
    https://steamcommunity.com/market/search?appid=217730

And at least someone is still poking it: https://steamdb.info/app/217730/history/

So, Still Alive™?

I would really love if the community could get involved in helping refresh the game. The ARK initiative shouldn't have been just for helping with customer support or events, it could have been so much more with outsourcing content to the community As someone was saying a few years ago in a forgotten thread, a lot of us are artists, coders, modelers, developers etc. What Docaholic did to the game's icons should have been just a step in a grand plan But alas, we live for another year.
    Anarchy Online Concept Art Gallery
    Lazy "Timba" Sabretooth - 220/30/80 - Fire kitty
    Very "Timbats" Much - 220/22/xx - Tradeskiller for hire!
    Timbamf - xx/xx/xx - upcoming tanky
    Spray "Airwick" Alloveryou - 60/6/14

Oh god No. NO. Time-locked currencies are the absolute bane of my existance in other games, such as TSW. Absolutely hate the restrictions it puts in terms of your play time.

One of the reasons I like AO is that I can choose what I want to do when I want to do it. If I want to sit and farm a thing for hours, I'm limited only by it's spawn timer and my patience, or the occasional 4-9hr lockout. For example, VPs. Once all the VP granting dailies are done I can, if I choose, spend the next 12 hours running LE mishes back to back until my eyes bleed to get more. Then I'll be sick of LEs for a while and do something else for the next few weeks. Slapping unique currencies locked behind weeklies (that's what this looks like) absolutely ****s all over this. It forces you to have to do the thing each week, even if you aren't feeling it, because if you don't then you have to wait another week before you can even attempt to get more currency. AO doesn't have weekly lockouts for anything else and this is one of the biggest plusses about the current system. You can run dungeons as and when you feel like it for however long you want. Even Beast is only a few hours. DB3 is slowed down from rapid farming by the tedious trash floors and Pyramid has both a lockout and trash floors. Don't lock things up any more than that.

At the very least enable this currency to be obtained in smaller amounts in other non-weekly-locked means!
    Like VPs once the dailies are done.

God I hate weeklies and exclusive currencies so ****ing much. Why is AO cloning that?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

It's a balancing act. Need income for hamster feed. Entice money from players repeatedly with carrots and sticks. Too tedious = Adios Amigos.

I think it's an attempt at player retention, which can certainly work out well if it's done right. Before sounding the alarms, I'd say wait and see how it pans out. The game certainly could use more players, and more ways to hang onto them.

Of course, I hope balance and some tweaks to the new engine are planned as well. Those are pretty darn important, too. :P
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

It would be ideal for more than nice grass to be changed graphics wise before AO goes to steam but adding the support and the new improved grass and clouds took FC 10 years, doubt AO will survive another 10 with its current playebase till every other mesh is made.. Just add it to Steam already they way it is that might resurrect the game for a while.

Allowing mboxers is not helping things either, no idea why FC refuses to disallow them when players ask for it and many other big games already did it for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    sadly new items tend to unbalance the game more even thou new items tend to be exciting.
    quack + arty

Unbalanceable at TL7. We not even sure to what extent awakened beast effects balance. Rebalance changes aren't fully tested/understood in depth. Any new items are going to make it more complicated to balance. But who cares. Its not like game was balanced before. Everyone just keep abusing OP stuff. its business as usual.

Please No more 'time/date' unlocked content.

Some of us can 'only' play on weekends.
    Some of us can 'only' play after work. (ie) my window for AO is only 1.5 hours on week days.

gone are days I could just 'live' in ao.

One of my clients was told this by the EPA when they asked for an extension in filing a report due at the end of March...

February came and went past in a flash...
    February had an extra day this year, so what's the problem?
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

Double ditto on that Soju!!!
    Guapo - Advisor in Unity of The Rose

Quote Originally Posted by Soju View Post
    quack + arty

Unbalanceable at TL7. We not even sure to what extent awakened beast effects balance. Rebalance changes aren't fully tested/understood in depth. Any new items are going to make it more complicated to balance. But who cares. Its not like game was balanced before. Everyone just keep abusing OP stuff. its business as usual.

Well to be fair this is kinda standard for ALL mmorpgs, the end game equip gets more and more op, new expansion = more op equip.

Well to be fair this is kinda standard for ALL mmorpgs, the end game equip gets more and more op, new expansion = more op equip.
    True ... and if somehow some really hard content appears (read POH and what is to come) they are all whining ... "is too hard, is too hard"

Everyone is telling about balance. What is to be balanced ? What does this even mean ?
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    All the nostalgia aside, no, that will likely not happen (I don't like doom and gloom but face it, FC can't keep up..).

First there is the semi 2 client thing of which the newer one is still under construction (still looking old fashion because of the old AO assets being reused) - Just cut away the old client already. Second other MMORPG that are F2P or P2W that are way more up to date on graphics and have more people power behind it (Played Blade and Soul a.k.a. Boobs and Stuff) and to be honest it looks very nice, and the scenery as well. There is the in game f**-up market, rebalance, difficult progression for some TL's (being addressed, true) and not to speak about MBing.

Steam won't fix all of em... (if any...)
    It may not make AO ultra popular, but it'd certainly fill a niche for people who want a more in depth MMO similar to EVE (but without the insane time investment and without the ships). It'd be a good move to be honest, but the main thing they'd need to fix is the client recognizing graphics cards...
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Update some tree models pretty please! Oh and the skybox from the still alive video too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast