Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official LvL 15 Fr00b Tourny Thread

Official LvL 15 Fr00b Tourny Thread

This is the official thread for the 2nd LvL 15 Fr00b tournament hosted and organized by Unparalleled. With the amount of fun that I had and with the number of requests I got to organize another I would say that the first one was a success. And as promised this will become at least a semi regular thing. We learned a lot from the first one and I will be using the knowledge gained to organize an even better and bigger event this time around.
    Alot of the rules were altered and relaxed to give more balance and appeal to a larger player base. More balance plus more players equals more fun and that is what this is all about; light hearted, competitive and community bolstering fun. Players of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. Prizes are won at every level of performance which has the potential to really jumpstart a new player's experience in the short and long term.

HERE IS THE LINK TO THE LAST EVENT (last winners, roster and discussion found here): http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...PvP-Tournament

(Others are welcome to host events. This "league" belongs to it's participants as much as it belongs to me. BUT any official changes done to the THIS MAIN EVENT will have to be done by me and seen here to be official. I willl be setting the date roughly a month away from the first to allow enough time to hear about the even and build a character or make sure their IRL schedule is clear.)

All this being said I will jump into the fun stuff. Keep in mind these rules are still subject to change, though probably not as drastically or as last minute as the last one. I still strongly suggest you subscribe to this forum if you want to spectate or compete.

GENERAL RULES

-Event is taking place March 20th at 3 PM Eastern time.
    -Event location is Coast of Peace @ coordinates 2075x910. (North East of grid by all the shipping crates.)
    -Competition will be held in form of duel and organized in a round robin style bracket (everyone duels everyone atleast once)
    -Every duel will accumulate points that are added to your character in the roster (win=2, draw=1 and lose=1).
    -These points will dictate your position in the tournament and can be redeemed afterwards for prizes.
    -The winning positions are esteemed in this order; Best Of Your Profession > 1ST Place Overall > 2ND Place Overall > 3RD Place Overall
    (Best Of Your Profession is esteemed highest to encourage the use of professions that dont normally excel at this level range.)
    -Players are allowed to have multiple toons competing in the event. (When you are paired with yourself in the bracket both toons receive 1 point for a draw.)
    -All players must be registered on the roster by the start of the event to compete.
    -We try to do fun stuff at the end like TL2 BS, flagged free-for-all or a TOTW raid. I was even thinking about experimenting with 5v5 pvp scenario.

BUILD RULES

-Fr00bz OWNLY!
    -L3v3l 15 OWNLY!
    -Enforcers may only use RK store bought weapons. No restrictions on the types of weapons and you may upgrade them.
    -Traders may only use RK store bought SHOTGUNS. You may upgrade them.
    -Player store items may be purchased and NS nano can is legal. Mostly because there is no way of actually regulating this.
    -All pet users will be able to receive MC and TS Teachings for PETS ONLY.
    -Gauntlet buff cannot be in your NCU at time of event but you can use it to twink.

DUEL RULES

-Players will start at a distance where both players are in range.
    -Absolutely NO OSBs except for MC and TS Teachings for pet users during duel. And pet users may only use MC and TS Teachings for pets not other buffs.
    -Players will cast all non-general buffs before pets and right before duel.
    -Only Nano Technicians may sneak at start of duel.
    -You can root, snare, or mez players but NOT PETS.
    -The environment of event location is all fair play.
    -No rooting players while sitting.
    -No killing or CCing any of opponents pets.
    -You can use hacked graphts.
    -When the matchup is Doctor vs Doctor the use of stims is prohibited (we all almost fell asleep during one duel last event).
    -Requesting 'best 2 out of 3' is no longer allowed for the sake of time.

PRIZES

-You can redeem your accumulated points for credits and item prizes. Right now my thinking is 1 point = 1 million credits and the items are TBA.
    -All non placing players will be entered into a raffle to win more prizes.
    -I still have pretty much all the prizes from the last event. I know most of the people that stuck around were the ones who donated. I think Spacemullet was the only one who received his raffle and conditional prize. If you want your prize from last even message me somehow and it will get to you. If not its going to the table for this upcoming event.

HOW TO ENTER

-Contact me anyway you can where I wont easily overlook you. Dont send me a /tell in game. Send me mail in game or an email at chainsawraptor@gmail.com or respond in the Facebook threads where I will be posting.
    -Your message must contain the name of your main, the name of your competing toon, it's breed and the profession. Please or I will have to ask you.
    -All entries will be posted to the roster here on this thread. If its been a while since you messaged me and you still dont see yourself on the roster you have my permission to bug the heck out of me until it gets there.
    -If you have access to this forum PLEASE subscribe if you are participating.

HOW CAN I HELP

-PROMOTE. Biggest thing you can do seriously.
    -I might need to delegate some responsibilities in the future. My hands were pretty full last time and we will probably have more people this go around. (Ex. Roster management, promoting, score keeping, prize distribution etc.) Let me know.

Thats it so far. Let me know if I missed anything or if you have any ideas. THANK YOU!!
    Last edited by Unparalleled; Feb 24th, 2016 at 02:02:56.

Dhard
    - Befreejamal - Atrox MA
    - Twintower - Atrox Enforcer

Eqvestre
    - Arrrya - Opifex MA

Unparalleled
    - Dealtwith - Opifex Advy

Unknown
    - Loveshate - Opifex Advy

Dragoncure
    - Dragonkick - Atrox MA
    - Dragoncode - Atrox Soldier
    Last edited by Unparalleled; Mar 9th, 2016 at 15:47:26.

Very nice! I'll be sure to make a 15 twink of my own.

Hopefully we can see future tourneys with different TL ranges such as 25, 60, 76, etc.

One of the best ways to promote the event is to fraps it and post on youtube ao forums ...so we should find some1 with a badass pc who can.
    U need to take consideration of global time zonez ... last tournament started @ 3-4 a.m. europe time , a compromise is mandatory here.

i found the perfect place imo :
    very eazy to acces - has grid exit point ( and its right there, no runing )
    no glowing buildings/shops/comerial adds / npc's / guards /no player traffic
    has well delimited spaces with fences so players who actualy duel can be separated by viewers .
    no wild life /mobs etc
    75 % suprression field all the time

i will reveal it to unparalleled first to see if it fits ...gimme a tell ingame to razna/eqvestre
    Last edited by Eqvestre; Feb 23rd, 2016 at 12:18:41.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAce View Post
    Very nice! I'll be sure to make a 15 twink of my own.

Hopefully we can see future tourneys with different TL ranges such as 25, 60, 76, etc.
    I would love that. Maybe next time

Quote Originally Posted by Eqvestre View Post
    One of the best ways to promote the event is to fraps it and post on youtube ao forums ...so we should find some1 with a badass pc who can.
    U need to take consideration of global time zonez ... last tournament started @ 3-4 a.m. europe time , a compromise is mandatory here.
    I've got a built gaming PC but I didn't end up getting a recording program in time. I'll be sure to do it this time if no one else does. And this one is set 3 hours earlier. Still late for the Eu guys but it's the best I can do for a while. I work a ton of hours and March 20th is the next day that I KNOW I will have off for sure.

4 hours earlier actually...

Stick with lowbie level Im alredy signing up my level 15 enforcer Befreejamal . Atrox . il spread the word of the next tourny

c'mon guys arent you curious what place i found ???

U just said u will show it to unparalleld ^^

ok ok ok stop presure me ))

the spot is : COAST OF PEACE right at the grid exit point

As i said in the previous post its very quiet and i dont have any lag on a laptop with wireless connection .

ok ok ok stop presure me ))

the spot is : COAST OF PEACE right at the grid exit point
    Do lvl 15 froobs have the CL req to get in the grid?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluecheeze2 View Post
    Do lvl 15 froobs have the CL req to get in the grid?
    ofc all froob twinks ..from what i've seen have over 100 cl

ofc all froob twinks ..from what i've seen have over 100 cl
    My advy has 92 with +20 buff:P....sounds like a good spot though Ill check it out. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unparalleled View Post
    My advy has 92 with +20 buff:P....sounds like a good spot though Ill check it out. Thank you.
    Just checked and its more like 110 without and CL implants, just some Intelligence ones. Eqvestre I think you have found the perfect spot. It will be held there North East of the grid by all of the shipping crates.

So we doing any pvp this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Dhard View Post
    So we doing any pvp this weekend?
    I'm always up for it. If you catch me on shoot me a message.

I changed my mind . Im signing up my level 15 martial artist befreejamal . Atrox he is
    Last edited by Dhard; Mar 4th, 2016 at 19:28:06.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast