Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rebalanced heals and froob doctors

McKnuckleSamwich, thanks for your comment. I recognise that the heals were balanced for mid level pvp.
    Please correct me if I'm wrong though, but I think neither paid doctors nor agents would be affected by my suggestion. From baseskill, doctors have equal BM and MM and agents have less BM than MM. With symbiants adding equal amounts to both, BM would be the limiting factor and a change to MM alone wouldn't allow them to cast the heals earlier.

Lazy, I realise froobs can't count on your sympathy, whether or not non-froobs are affected. It makes me sad you feel this way, especially since you represent us too as a professional. Regrettably I don't think there is anything I could say that would make you change your mind.
    Instead, please consider this: everyone posting in this thread has a paid account. Many people have said they also play froob docs. I feel that dismissing the issue as only affecting bandwidth leeching freeloaders is wrong.

In light of recent arguments, [Auct, Saavick] I'd like to reverse my sentiment and say simply that I also think that an adjustment is in order.

while my well-documented and ironclad position as neut and froob h8r #1 prevent me from endorsing this change i will concede that good points may or may not have been made by the freeloader supporters.

...and I quote

"[22:32] <+Lazy> f froobs
    [22:32] <+Lazy> even though i'm a froob now
    [22:32] <+Lazy> since my paid accounts lapsed
    [22:33] * +Aiken glances at the hypoccritical elephant, quietly parading it's **** all over the dancefloor"
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Since the patch, how many froob doctors does it take to heal raid encounters like Hollow Island ? Two in a chain-cast rotation every 30s with heavy support from Traders and Adventurers? Or maybe a four doctor rotation with minimal support?

Wasn't HI a three to four team raid encounter when it first appeared? I remember Merc's being zerged by upward of five teams in the old days, with loads of freebooting doctors and support healers unloading heals and FA's on the tank team and the off-tank team.

That's really what we're getting at, isn't it? The ability to raid classic encounters with classic 2002ish end game outfitted characters; a classic multi-team raid encounter compromised of a tank team, a mixed offtank team, damage/support/ team and a doctor/warp team - with very few people distracted by boxing characters to fill out the raid roster.

Edited!
    Last edited by Higain; Feb 26th, 2016 at 20:44:52.

Try and stick to the topic please, thank you.
    Two posts removed.
    Guardian Sancus
    Community Relations Department
    Public Forums Moderator
    Forum Social Guidelines | ARK Website | Anarchy Online Website | Funcom Customer Support | E-Mail Sancus

Lol, I dont get Froob Hate. Froobs are players too.

In any case when playing my Froob docteurs new nanos make very little sense.

But on 150 doc or 220 agent, these sexy heals are real nice.

What would it take to get those nanos converted to general RK meta of 100% BM 90% MM requirement? Do we submit a petition, write kind PMs?

I see absoluteley 0 downside or balance issues in bringing about some change along the lines of OP.

Infact can anyone come up with a reason not to do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Higain View Post
    Since the patch, how many froob doctors does it take to heal raid encounters like Hollow Island ? Two in a chain-cast rotation every 30s with heavy support from Traders and Adventurers? Or maybe a four doctor rotation with minimal support?

Wasn't HI a three to four team raid encounter when it first appeared? I remember Merc's being zerged by upward of five teams in the old days, with loads of freebooting doctors and support healers unloading heals and FA's on the tank team and the off-tank team.

That's really what we're getting at, isn't it? The ability to raid classic encounters with classic 2002ish end game outfitted characters; a classic multi-team raid encounter compromised of a tank team, a mixed offtank team, damage/support/ team and a doctor/warp team - with very few people distracted by boxing characters to fill out the raid roster.

Edited!
    Let's be real, the game isn't even close to the same today as it was in 2002. You won't have froobs kitted in DeCranum trying to do HI anymore, you have Nomad armor, yuttos NCU, Miy's, Proactive and other amazing armor/items that never existed back then. I'd argue that froobs are still in a better spot to do these raids than they've ever been way back then.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

game isnt that big, why not just open up shadowlands to be free, new benefits more playfields be active there and so on.
    free shadowland acces still makes them weak vs alien invasion/xan paid accounts by allot.

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Let's be real, the game isn't even close to the same today as it was in 2002. You won't have froobs kitted in DeCranum trying to do HI anymore, you have Nomad armor, yuttos NCU, Miy's, Proactive and other amazing armor/items that never existed back then. I'd argue that froobs are still in a better spot to do these raids than they've ever been way back then.
    That's my point. 2016 Froob are demigods compared to classic/NW character builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    game isnt that big, why not just open up shadowlands to be free, new benefits more playfields be active there and so on.
    free shadowland acces still makes them weak vs alien invasion/xan paid accounts by allot.
    I can has power-leveled army of MB agents using SPS, all for no cost?
    lolSPLAT

Errr, Did fc swap accidentally EMR & RR nanocost ?

EMR 633
    RR 567
    LE 700

Quote Originally Posted by Higain View Post
    That's my point. 2016 Froob are demigods compared to classic/NW character builds.
    If im not very mistaken at least Smug/Eel and Mercenaries got boosted at some Point after SL .

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    Ha Ha Ha ....

.....id trade all those shiny new Pixels for one Thing : Active Players ..... Froobs cant Raid without some Manpower , if there still were enough raw Numbers we wouldnt have to fight Nail &Tooth for every lil bit of Power but just invite one more Doc/Tank/DD.
    Last edited by Dollcet; Mar 10th, 2016 at 20:45:53.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Speaking on behalf of froobs, i also pay to play the sub fee as lazy said but i also enjoy the froob only raids, be it on my tank, or dps ma or engi, quite a lot of endgame froobs have paid mains but still enjoy the nostalgia and challenge of the froob aspect of the game, its where i grew up personally and learned how to play for 8 years, without it i wouldnt be able to twink or play the profs i do as effectively as i can today

Keep at it sav, i hope things get changed for us again, be it in froobchat, tlfiveplus or froob200 😋
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

bump for Doc-Heal Changes!
    My Level 200 PvP-Doc and Level 150 Sec-10-Doc are useless now!

Your statement may be true for froob doctors but not for paid ones, in fact my level 200 pvp Doc got even better recently.
    As for froobs and pvp there was always 1 problem - the higher their level the bigger the gap between froob and paid (which is quite obvious as you get more perks and procs as you level).

Any player that likes to pvp has to options:
    1- If he has only froob account then he should stick to TL1 (TL2 max)
    2- If he has paid account with all expansions then he may choose whatever level he likes to pvp
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123