Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems which are impediments to Balance

Quote Originally Posted by Rockdizzle View Post
    Jarring Burst: Dodge-Rng 80%
    Solid Slug: Dodge-Rng 90%
    Neutronium Slug: Dodge-Rng 90%

Still a difference, crats not that much but Docs/MPs for sure.

Just to clarify Docs cant get anywhere near 3.2k AR (fixers with 3.5k AR is more likely), I logged my doc and calced it AR to 2868 AR with a full set of CC, ABoC/AShoulder, PoH combat board, ACDC and Pred buff as a Solitus.
    ya I recall seeing 2800 a lot on doctor. I'll adjust AR's. thanks!

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    So math "is" somewhat exagerated... But fixer is a support profession.
    Were support profession. Now it is just soldier with evades.
    Equilibrium forums https://eqorg.com

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Were support profession. Now it is just soldier with evades.
    Hmm, well technically...

Soldier and agent are pure artillery

Fixer is artillery support

Trader is artillery control support

Advy is artillery infantry support

MP is control exterminator support

Engi is pure control

MA and keeper are infantry support

Enforcer is pure infantry

Shades are infantry I guess

Doctor is pure support

NT is pure exterminator

Which kinda begs the question why there isn't more shared SL perks consistent among groups.

3.6k AR on an SMG soldier? [edited by anarrina] The idea is honestly a sight in the right direction though.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 20th, 2016 at 01:51:59.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Sleekyz View Post
    3.6k AR on an SMG soldier?
    My SMG sold has 3400 AR and is missing Aboc.

100+3400 = 3500.... What are you missing in your calcs? Please refer to assumptions about raidbuffs if you're having trouble coming up with the appropriate AR.

3.6k AR on an SMG soldier? [edited] The idea is honestly a sight in the right direction though.
    3511 on Estisol, no osb.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jan 20th, 2016 at 01:55:57.

^^ thanks

topic way off track though.

I still support the idea that in order to achieve a better state of balance a good first step is to reset perk checks, then adjust some of them

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    My SMG sold has 3400 AR and is missing Aboc.

100+3400 = 3500.... What are you missing in your calcs? Please refer to assumptions about raidbuffs if you're having trouble coming up with the appropriate AR.
    Putting on Aboc instead of protective gear give you 85 more ar.
    "Meliz" Crat
    "Snoopdooog" MA
    "Melizabe" Sol
    "Hozpital" Arguably best 2016 doc
    "Sleekiez" The swiftest meeper ingame!
    "Cruzade" Will see you!
    "Stitmeistr" TL5 Enf
    "Cruzad3" 86 Agent
    "Treatmate" 86 Enf
    "Dankengine1" 39 Nanite FP Trader
    "Behekills" 21 Enf

Or check out our Informational Site
    Or apply today Rebirth Forums

ya. exactly. I'm not gong to nitpick about 3485 vs 3500.

I said ballpark for a reason, I don't care about these minor details. The point was to emphasize that direct combat profs have elevated AR, and support/control profs which are INTENDED to rely on other parts of their toolset to produce damage, have much lower AR (to the tune of about 500-600).

+96,25 AR from Aboc vs prot gear, dont forget the trickel from the +45 abilities.

So, now that we are done arguing about AR possible to achieve... We can argue, if that is best choice for pvp at all?

Secondly, perk ques are the problem. Entire perk system feels to unatural, too... Hit and miss. Perks should land in a more organic way.. And should check on execution not Que.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

My opinion is that a perk should allways land.

Quote Originally Posted by anarod View Post
    My opinion is that a perk should allways land.
    How would you prefer to mitigate perk damage?

Lets not pull punches. We both know that if all perks land on any target at this point that some profs will be dead in the water.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be this way, it's just a different way of getting to a balance equilibrium than I was suggesting.

But if we want to suggest a systematic approach (which this is), then we should justify it with appropriate peripheral strategies.

The unfortunate thing is that I don't think the mechanic to mitigate perk damage variably exists in game for evaders.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    How would you prefer to mitigate perk damage?
    I've suggested before that evading perks should reduce their effectiveness by 50% instead of completely nullifying them. Same goes for attacks, nukes, and debuffs. 100% uptime complete damage negating luck based defenses are either too powerful or completely negligible depending on the situation and they should be addressed before anything else because nothing can be balanced around mechanics like that. With a simple change like that there would automatically be no more need for aimedshot/sneak attack, gamebreaking debuffs like constant barrage etc.

You know, I haven't thought about Constant Barrage for months now, and I'm glad you brought it up.

I really don't like the way it works. I think we could do something different with it, because in both PVP and PVM, it feels like a poorly made band-aid as-is.

I'll think about it some more.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Quote Originally Posted by DarkerThanBlack View Post
    I've suggested before that evading perks should reduce their effectiveness by 50% instead of completely nullifying them. Same goes for attacks, nukes, and debuffs. 100% uptime complete damage negating luck based defenses are either too powerful or completely negligible depending on the situation and they should be addressed before anything else because nothing can be balanced around mechanics like that. With a simple change like that there would automatically be no more need for aimedshot/sneak attack, gamebreaking debuffs like constant barrage etc.
    Agree in principle.

May I add to your idea though?

As an example I'll just pick a 100% perk, lets say dragonfire, for MA's. the check is 100% MA skill vs 100% evade close (for simplicity)

Firstly, I just want to say that any perk that checks any percentage LESS THAN 100% is DEGRADING evasion. I'd much rather see perks checking 110% or 120% skill vs 100% evades, on principle it doesn't devalue evades, and clearly emphasizes that if YOU (the attacker) boost your gear to the max, you get a bigger boost. It also makes the tradeoff between skill and AAO slightly more complex, all the while not simply saying: screw you evaders.

On topic, here's my suggestion (it might be hard to implent, but whatever, just an idea.

So I think we could apply the "Over equipped" system to perk checks:

I have 1000 AR and I want to perk an advy. he has 800 evade close and 201 AAD. 800+201 = 1001

So, in game, this wouldn't land, but that's a horrible waste for being SO close to landing it.

So here's what I suggest:

On a successful check perk does 100% damage
    A 25% perk damage reduction is applied if I get within 80% of evades
    Perk does 75% dmg (i.e. I have 1000 AR, and target has LESS THAN 1000/0.8 = 1250 total evasion but more than 1000)

A 50% reduction is applied if I get within 60% and 80%
    Perk does 50% dmg (i.e. I have 1000 AR and target has less than 1000/0.6=1667 but more than 1250

A 25% reduction is applied if I get within 40% and 60%
    Perk does 25% dmg (i.e. I have 1000 AR and target has less than 1000/0.4 = 2500 but more than 1667)

Anything lower than 40% is a 0% perk modifier.

This will preserve some evasion being valuable - like having DTB running, for example.

On a 50% fail (i.e. I have 1000 AR and target has LESS THAN 1500 total evasion), perk does 50% damage
    On a 25% fail (i.e. I have 1000 AR and target has LESS THAN 1750 total evasion), perk does 25% damage
    On a 0% fail (

I think that is to hard on evaders thats balanced around being mostly unperkable. At 1000 AR the numbers doesnt look to bad, but when you scale it to 3k

A soldier with 3.5k AR will perk anything with 4375 evasion with 75%, and 5800 evasion with 50%.
    A shade (mine super def setup) at 3k before drains can perk: 3750 for 75%, 5000 for 50%. And we all know shades has huge perk dmg.
    And here I "forgot" to use my drain perks.

This will only shift the FotM.

How would you apply these checks to debuff/buff perks?

Quote Originally Posted by Eedesti View Post
    I think that is to hard on evaders thats balanced around being mostly unperkable. At 1000 AR the numbers doesnt look to bad, but when you scale it to 3k

A soldier with 3.5k AR will perk anything with 4375 evasion with 75%, and 5800 evasion with 50%.
    A shade (mine super def setup) at 3k before drains can perk: 3750 for 75%, 5000 for 50%. And we all know shades has huge perk dmg.
    And here I "forgot" to use my drain perks.

This will only shift the FotM.

How would you apply these checks to debuff/buff perks?
    wow ok, good point.

OK, well how about this:

Made check = 100% damage
    within 95% => 50% damage
    within 90% => 25% damage
    <89% => 10% damage

Then we got all perks landing no matter what, which feels better to play, but when you're on crat with DTB up you only are getting hit with like 400 damage from deadeye.

As for debuffs, maybe they just need to be maintained at whatever relevant check they have?

I dunno.

not that bad of an idea as long as roots and snares land 100% of the time and can be kept up 100% of the time if the enemy doesn't use removal tools (i.e. rods/stims/motr/ etc)

Also the lower the "damage tier" of the perk that lands the shorter the recharge of the perks (make a few tiers of that as well), should make it more fun

I mean, like it it today it's that if you "miss" a perk (when it gets evaded) the lockout of the perk is half of the lockout time iirc.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12