Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - December 2015 (RIP 2015)

After trying to pay for my account for the next three months, I had to petition because I thought there's something wrong. I got this answer:

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Funcom Customer Support. [...]

Unfortunately we are no longer able to process Paysafe cards because our new billing providers can no longer process Paysafe card payments. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. [...]
    So, I don't want to rant about this and I don't want to rant about support or something, but hell, Funcom, it would have been nice to inform us players before removing another payment method which many european players, especially german ones, use. I had to get myself a (virtual) credit card now. Credit cards aren't that common in Germany and sadly, Paypal won't do this for me as I had (and still have) some major problems getting my paypal account reopened again.

Michizure, from way back here in the cheap seats (my account has been lapsed for most of 2015), I just want to tell you that you've done a hell of a job. I've played off and on since 2001 blah, blah, player bona fides, blah, blah. Like a lot of us, this game has made a permanent impression in me in a way no other game has. I'm not in the business with this post of criticizing FC or past GMs (y'all know better that we do where the bodies are buried), but I do want to say that your management of the game has been tangible, active, engaged, and very productive. I see in the forums that the active player base has very strong opinions, positive and negative, about the changes you've made but I don't think anyone can criticize how much you've been able to get done, especially with the amount of resources you have at your disposal vs. the times of GMs past.

I hope to get back to AO as a paid subscriber this year, although I will probably never play at the level I did with my responsibilities as a middle aged man and newly minted grandfather. But I do like knowing that you're in charge because I feel like you are the best hope for keeping this game alive.

Thank you! And a happy New Year!

I've jumped ship to swtor while some of these changes cook more. The sub rewards program they have is giving out pretty incredible items. wink wink idea monthly sub rewards.

So, still no word on the special offer fiasco? I'm not personally affected but I do know some people that are. I also realize Michi can't fix this alone but, come on, put more pressure on marketing/billing/whatever, or just acknowledge that you've at least heard us and our complaints. This may seem like it's "no big deal" but there are people out there who've had enough of this FunCom BS, and this was the last straw for many of them. Us remaining players really do not want to lose more potential team/raid/orgmates or PvP opponents, especially if it's because of something that can be easily fixed. And really - can FC marketing dep't do something nice to promote the game once in a while? It seems like their motto is "Any publicity is good publicity".

No response to the yearly sub offer fiasco is really worrying. It is literally losing FC subs at a time when its finances are on a knife-edge. I just cannot understand this.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by baduizm View Post
    But January 5th isn't a Monday, it's a Tuesday. Whoops. So that's a typo, and since people can't access the offer on the 5th, it looks like it's a typo in the sense that the offer actually ended Monday, and the date of January 5th was supposed to be January 4th. Okay, but I checked for the offer mid-day Monday and I couldn't find it.
    For my understanding "until the 5th" means lasst chance on the 4th.
    But I checked the offer on Monday evening and couldn't find the special offer. I used the Live Chat Support to ask where it is as it should be active. They told me to subscribe and they will add the bonus stuff. So I did it and they added the month and everything...it took me 10 minutes. I really liked the Chat Support.
    Angler - Level 220/30 Adventurer - RK 3-> RK 1 -> RK - PVP Equip - DMG Equip

June is coming fast towards us !
    The special offers will be on (I personally can hardly wait) - when they appear - JUMP ON THEM ! Do not wait for the last day...
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by PigBrother View Post
    June is coming fast towards us !
    The special offers will be on (I personally can hardly wait) - when they appear - JUMP ON THEM ! Do not wait for the last day...
    Why would one take 1 year + 4 months sub in june 2016? Game is lrdy dead.

Quote Originally Posted by anarod View Post
    Why would one take 1 year + 4 months sub in june 2016? Game is lrdy dead.
    The games been dead before. A few times. It comes and goes. While alot of vets have left, theres been some new people come in lately. The games had more visible results of work been done than it has in a long time and theres more work coming soon (hopefully). Michi is doing good work. Theres some bugs but theres always been bugs. We can still be hopeful things will pick back up again and more will return/start playing.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Michi and his teammates are the most community friendly GD in history of AO, and we must understand that its not their fault that AO is not pop, they inherited AO from previous GD and previous FC CEOs, i have lost count how many have jump shipped and how many FC have replaced throughout the years since i start play AO but i do remember everytime they replaces a CEO or a GD it only goes downwards. Im not a rocket scientist but if you open your eyes, you will see the light even in the darkest night.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Not sure about the "community" friendly part. Michi is, but the closing and deleting of threads seems to be trending upward for no real reason lately.

I know what you mean, my posts have been removed without reasons i didnt know north korea owns fc, i thought we are living in a free country with free of speech. However it is wrong to blame these guys who works on the ground because they are doing what they have been told to do, and they are working for a living. If there is someone that need to take responsibilities for how much problems fc has then It is the senior managers, ceo and board members at fc that should take the blame for all the problems they have created for themself and for other Fc employees that needs to clean up the mess.

I hope people can be aware and be nice to Fc employees who deals with communities, or have to interact with us complaining AO geeks on daily basis, because according to the stories from previous Fc employees who descriped how it is working at Fc, you will understand the remaing Fc employees are actually doing a good job if you know how it is working for Fc in real life.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Jan 14th, 2016 at 19:45:25.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    Not sure about the "community" friendly part. Michi is, but the closing and deleting of threads seems to be trending upward for no real reason lately.
    We certainly don't mean to give off any kind of vibe that we're being unfriendly here; there's been a couple threads pop up that simply became nonconstructive in a real hurry. We took action according to our social guidelines. Sorry for any confusion or trouble that may have caused! If you have any specific questions regarding moderation policies or procedures, please feel free to PM me.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Odonoptera

Anarchy Online Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

threads been closed corectly, many goes offtopic on threads to often and then start to attack people insted. but i question why those who repeats this over and over isnt perma banned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    threads been closed corectly, many goes offtopic on threads to often and then start to attack people insted. but i question why those who repeats this over and over isnt perma banned yet.
    Maybe so, I didn't see that in the locked and deleted threads that came to mind though. Seems heavy-handed to me. Maybe it went off track after I had read the thread but what I saw was not hostile at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Systems Changes & QoL Improvements
    It has become abundantly clear that there are some issues with the current state of certain nanos/abilities/professions.
    Is this related to the 3k nano requirements of Rihwen? Should I still invest in all kinds of expensive nanoskill-buffing items for my MP..?

I think that was Michi's very diplomatic way of saying "yes we know agents r op"

Quote Originally Posted by Odonoptera View Post
    We certainly don't mean to give off any kind of vibe that we're being unfriendly here; there's been a couple threads pop up that simply became nonconstructive in a real hurry. We took action according to our social guidelines. Sorry for any confusion or trouble that may have caused! If you have any specific questions regarding moderation policies or procedures, please feel free to PM me.
    If the special subscription offer for the holiday season is over, then why does the launch screen say there is a special subscription offer? Or, is that referring to the GRACE item?

I also noticed that the Holiday 3D printers are still in the Item store ...

Emma

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    If the special subscription offer for the holiday season is over, then why does the launch screen say there is a special subscription offer? Or, is that referring to the GRACE item?

I also noticed that the Holiday 3D printers are still in the Item store ...

Emma
    Launcher fixed; sorry for the confusion. I'll look in to what's going on with the item store inventory.

Edit: Store inventory has been cleared of Holiday items. Thanks!
    Last edited by Odonoptera; Jan 18th, 2016 at 18:17:02.
    FuncomAndy 'Odonoptera' Benditt
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @Odonoptera

Anarchy Online Website | Social Guidelines | Customer Service

News about The Reck?
    :O
    *Rooh*

{edited for inappropriate content}

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast