Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - December 2015 (RIP 2015)

Michi: I don't wanna be a pain in the backside but I'm just curious if you've had a chance to catch up on your inbox yet. I imagine you're probably snowed under though.

Happy new year Rubi-Ka, etc etc.
    :E

Quote Originally Posted by Uaintseenme View Post
    I have just one, single solitary Quality of Life request to make for this comming year.
    Mich, my old friend, I loved you like a brother, can you PLEASE put back all the crap you moved to ICC.
    Putting all the important waypoints in the game in to the same, laggy, visualy repulsive playfield makes no sense and my entire org atleast would be most gratefull if we where able to ignore the entire zone completely, forever.
    I'm with you on this one.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Subscription offer is still supposed to be running, today is the 5th - how can I get it?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

• Go to register.funcom.com
    • Click on special offers and upgrades (below view/buy GRACE)
    • Select how much of it you want, and buy

I just checked the site though, and it seems it's already been pulled.
    Looks like it's that same crap they've had in the past when it comes to specified dates, in that the end date is not inclusive.

Best make a plea to Michi to have the accounts department re-instate it.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    • Go to register.funcom.com
    • Click on special offers and upgrades (below view/buy GRACE)
    • Select how much of it you want, and buy

I just checked the site though, and it seems it's already been pulled.
    Looks like it's that same crap they've had in the past when it comes to specified dates, in that the end date is not inclusive.

Best make a plea to Michi to have the accounts department re-instate it.
    Then this will mean my accounts will end somewhere within the next few months or so. Perhaps a good moment to rethink stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    Then this will mean my accounts will end somewhere within the next few months or so. Perhaps a good moment to rethink stuff..
    Don't think! Only bad things will follow that!

The following link indicates the offer is available until Monday, January 5th. It also indicates in many places (like on the offer itself) that it's available until January 5th, without explicitly mentioning the day of the week.

But January 5th isn't a Monday, it's a Tuesday. Whoops. So that's a typo, and since people can't access the offer on the 5th, it looks like it's a typo in the sense that the offer actually ended Monday, and the date of January 5th was supposed to be January 4th. Okay, but I checked for the offer mid-day Monday and I couldn't find it. So two really bad things happened from a customer service perspective:

A typo spread throughout all of the offer documentation leading people to believe the offer ended a day later than it actually did.
    The earlier-than-advertised end-date being non-inclusive (or at least not fully-inclusive).

To resolve this I think it's necessary to open up the offer again for a few days and then create some internal standards on how offers are presented to customers. Dates without explicit times should be considered as inclusive across all times zones (like a true local date, not ending at midnight in some time zone the company cares about but the user doesn't). If that's not how you want it then you'd have to supply an explicit time. You'd also want to retroactively upgrade (to offer-levels) all users who bought time between when the offer was supposed to be up and when you temporarily reinstate it. Including people who bought time on days that under no interpretation could've fallen under the original dates of the offer (so act fast).
    Last edited by baduizm; Jan 5th, 2016 at 17:01:18.

I was debating tossing a few months on for the shoulder for a while.

I was about to do it this morning, but then read this =/
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Yeah it sucks a bit, I know two people that went to upgrade and couldnt because of the confusion on the end time. The offer was stated the 4th on the actual "Offers and upgrades" section when I completed my sub but both friends (from different orgs, independant of each other) was under the impression it finished today. When I pointed out on the 4th (which was the day I spoke to them about it) the offer ended that day so they should hurry up... turned out it had already ended so it seems it ended on the fourth as in the 3rd was actually the last day you could take advantage of the offer.

Basic psychology suggests that people want what they cant have and quite often people leave things till the last minute. Funcom would of been better saying it ended on the 1st and then letting it roll over 3 or 4 days as opposed to saying it ends a day or two after the day it actually ended. Well unless the objective was to get less subs... in that case.. they did well.

Open it back up funcom, while there are subs for the taking... might as well take them.
    The only things of importance you will ever find in this life are only those things which you place importance upon!

Wanted to upgrade today as well...

Funcom, please prolong the offer ��
    RK1

220/30 Soldier, 220/22 Shade, 170/24 Agent, 150/14 NT, 150/14 Adv, 150/19 Keeper, 150/20 Crat, 165/21 Fixer, 150/20 MA, 150/18 Doc, 100/10 MP, 150/11 Trader
    60/06 Enfo, 60/06 Engi, 60/06 Fixer

Yeah same here. Wanted to upgrade this morning, but it went poof last night I guess. Because of New Years the transfer to Paypal took longer than expected, so I was actually glad it remains til 5th, but it didn't. Would honestly be nice if this offer could be made available again for a couple days. Just keep the Paypalers in mind then, because it takes an extra day for the money to get there!
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

The business must do as adervtised and cant have missleading texts in the advertisement, According to the marketing laws in Norway, which is where Funcom Headquarter is located.
    In this the advertisement which is Funcom, claim Special Holliday offer ends on Monday 5th January, but the next Monday 5th January is in 2026 so the offer should not be closed but it should still be open.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Cool

This is why I posted this in november update :
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=1#post6224703

I suppose you need to be forced to wait from June to December or from December to June in order to really JUMP on a good offer

And then again I said :
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=1#post6225097

and I'm not even working for them - I just enjoy a nice offer.

And yes I got the 12+3 months offer for one account. The other one is "graced" till June 2016 and guess what - I'll get the June 2016 offer also

And I really really hope they will extend a bit this "New year offer", just for you guys to get it.
    Operator : "Are we safe from russian hackers ?"
    Support : "Da"

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Subscription offer is still supposed to be running, today is the 5th - how can I get it?
    I contacted customer support and they said sorry for confusion, but the offer was running till the 5th, not including the 5th. I had been debating whether or not to spend on a year, but couldn't quite make my mind up, but then I figured why not, I'm gonna pay anyway. But oh well :|
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

The offer was removed early on the evening on the 4th for me. Was going to buy a year for one of my accounts :/
    Starphoenix 220/30 Adventurer - Shesmine 220/30 Enforcer - Sgtcuddle 220/30 Soldier - Pervonen 220/27 Doctor - Startrade 218/30 Trader - Letter 200/30 Bureaucrat - Shiasurprise 199/20 Soldier - Envelope 150/17 Bureaucrat

Seems like this caught out a number of people and FC is choosing to go with the 'well tough bananas' approach. Therefore losing several annual subs becasue like hell is everyone going to just pony up for the full amount. Maybe a few will but certainly not all.

And people wonder why FC's financial situation is so critically dire... HINT: This is where you apologise for the confusion and offer the people who contacted you about trying and failing to get the deal, a chance to get the deal. FC will make more money this way, especially with such a small playerbase where a handful of annual subs makes a noticable difference.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Seems like this caught out a number of people and FC is choosing to go with the 'well tough bananas' approach. Therefore losing several annual subs becasue like hell is everyone going to just pony up for the full amount. Maybe a few will but certainly not all.

And people wonder why FC's financial situation is so critically dire... HINT: This is where you apologise for the confusion and offer the people who contacted you about trying and failing to get the deal, a chance to get the deal. FC will make more money this way, especially with such a small playerbase where a handful of annual subs makes a noticable difference.
    give em time, maybe they will come with an answer

Like Baduizm pointed out, the advertisement clearly says the offer ends Monday January the 5th. Last time it was Monday January the 5th was last year in 2015, so it is natural for me and others to believe that the advertisement is for future special offer on Monday 5th January 2016.
    However, according to my calendar the next Monday 5th January is in 2026, this is why we request FC to reopen and make the Special Holiday Offer available, all day everyday until Monday 5th January 2026 as advertised.

If Funcom reject our request, then i want to remind that due to Norway is not part of EU or USA, the consuming laws in Norway is there for very customer and end user protective.
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Jan 6th, 2016 at 20:53:20.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Get over it, You had plenty of time to buy into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    I contacted customer support and they said sorry for confusion, but the offer was running till the 5th, not including the 5th. I had been debating whether or not to spend on a year, but couldn't quite make my mind up, but then I figured why not, I'm gonna pay anyway. But oh well :|
    Every time Funcom has made a holiday or anniversary renewal offer (or at least the last few years) that I can recall the end date has not been an inclusive date, but a will stop on/during that date. I had to go back and re-read the posts as I thought the current one ended on the Monday, Jan 4th ... perhaps it is so ingrained that I subconsciously subtracted a day from the offer so I wouldn't miss it.

I did notice that the holiday leets were still in-game on Tuesday and wondered why they had not poofed on Monday.

Emma

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast