Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - December 2015 (RIP 2015)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - December 2015 (RIP 2015)

Hello everyone! I'm going to post this up a little early, as things will be winding down here at the office for the rest of the month. It has been quite the year, and while there is still much to do, I am looking forward to the first real vacation of 2015. With all that said, let's begin!

Winter 2015
    Earlier this month we kicked off our 2015 winter holiday event, which can be read about here. Be sure to help Santa Leet, hunt down Father Time, and bite into a Gingerleet while you still can!

Also during this holiday season, it's still possible to take advantage of our membership offer. Buy a 3, 6, or 12 plan and you will be awarded with some extra months, and some Dust Brigade Parasite armor! This offer is only available until January 5th.

The Reck
    This month has been mostly devoted towards the continued development and polish of The Reck. After some further consideration, and based on some collected feedback, The Reck will be a playfield that is open for everyone, but the quest content will still be aimed at level 90-160 players.

The bulk of this month has been devoted to working with the monster camps around the playfield, adding some dyna encounters, and fleshing out the background quests to help expedite leveling while directing traffic to different areas throughout the playfield. Keeping with the current schedule, I hope to have The Reck on Testlive early January, with a targeted Live release at the end of January.

Systems Changes & QoL Improvements
    It has become abundantly clear that there are some issues with the current state of certain nanos/abilities/professions. During January, in addition to finishing The Reck, I plan to address some of the most glaring issues. Planned balance changes, bug fixes, or QoL changes that I cannot fit in January, will be moved to February. Going forward, I will try to give these sorts of issues more focus and attention.

Thank You
    It is hard to believe 2015 is already over. It has been a fun and challenging time, giving way to a whole new set of goals and objectives in 2016. Thank you everyone who helped make this year great, and I'll see you in 2016!
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Happy holidays everyone!
    Rubi ka 2's First 220 Male solitus Agent.

last!
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    After some further consideration, and based on some collected feedback, The Reck will be a playfield that is open for everyone, but the quest content will still be aimed at level 90-160 players.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Biancha View Post
    Thank you!
    more /follow and dual log
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

So are the dyna encounters part of the quest series for this new playfield or open world? If so and they offer anything unique I wouldn't count on anything but 220 farmers wrecking the Reck.

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    So are the dyna encounters part of the quest series for this new playfield or open world? If so and they offer anything unique I wouldn't count on anything but 220 farmers wrecking the Reck.
    The area is level locked ... 220's can't enter.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    The area is level locked ... 220's can't enter.

Emma
    Did you read the monthly post?

Dont bloody make the area open for all levels...
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Good job, even tho theres 1 thing left to do Michi ^^
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Sounds great! think your doing an amazing job!

Quote Originally Posted by haxi View Post
    Did you read the monthly post?
    ""This month has been mostly devoted towards the continued development and polish of The Reck. After some further consideration, and based on some collected feedback, The Reck will be a playfield that is open for everyone, but the quest content will still be aimed at level 90-160 players. ""

I missed that change, sorry ... it should go back to being level locked. Otherwise it will be 220's taking their alts thru the quest content.

Emma

edit: It should go back to this from November's Update: ""As evidenced by some of the earliest of the Rubi-Ka planet maps, The Reck was an original zone, placed between Rome and Broken Shores. While it will fill this void on the planet map, however, it will be a level-locked experience. Players level 90-150 will be able to enter, and will be ejected once they reach level 161 or above.""
    Last edited by Emma; Dec 20th, 2015 at 18:54:18.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    /snipI missed that change, sorry ... it should go back to being level locked. Otherwise it will be 220's taking their alts thru the quest content.
    /snip
    This is exactly what will happen unless the area is level locked. +1 for level locking the zone.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

so many updates O_O have a lot to get look in to
    The night holds us
    The night caresses us
    In the darkness we are free

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    This is exactly what will happen unless the area is level locked. +1 for level locking the zone.
    I follow you, i will not look forward to try the new zone if its not level locked.
    for me it would be priceless to see more zones with level locks to kill this alt following issue and where people earn creds by running level service etc etc. a level 100-160 whatever can not compete vs a 220 in a levling pf.
    also the Gd should think off all all the petitioning and drama he could dodge by blocking 220's to harass low levels without alts.
    you are pretty weak in ao when levling if you only hold 1 account, becose nobady can mess with someone that holds a 220 alt behind him on follow, he will destroy you if you want to farm on ''his'' playfield.

Also a odd thing i never understod, and that would be pretty much avoided in a level locked field when it comes to /petitions and drama.
    220's demanding that they own the ''area'' wich is a common thing in ao when your levling.
    i never understod how someone can own a open playfield in a game, but here in Ao it is very normal.
    but it be appriciated if the new playfield were level locked to disabled 220's to own the playfield by running level service/tank service whatever and make anyone without a 2nd account weak and pushed out.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 21st, 2015 at 06:15:21.

First page?
    Keep up the great work!
    DROP TABLE AO.Secret_Nerf_Table

AOSpeak Site
    Join AOSpeak, the Anarchy Online Teamspeak 3 server!
    Send /tell speak help for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by Teknologist View Post
    First page?
    Keep up the great work!
    Remember when getting "first page" took hammering the F5 key? Now you can cruise for days and still get it!

"Keeping with the current schedule, I hope to have The Reck on Testlive early January, with a targeted Live release at the end of January"

Yaay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Even though I don't know what The Reck will be like or what the quests will be like, I can already tell that opening it for all levelranges is not a good idea. So please don't..
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast